Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » This is not what I need!!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page This is not what I need!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer
This is not what I need!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

For about a month now I have been feeling "yuk"

not unusually for where I work you encounter thousands of people each week - you are bound to pick up something.

This virus (ya for blood test) was different no cold , fever, cough etc, just a feeling of "yuk and icky" and just left alone to do what you had to do, lot of people at work got it, we just felt "off", so you rest, sleep take another course of antibody and get on with it

but that didn't explain the tingling in my arms (like the one you get if you sleep on it)

the xray result I got today did..and I have been crying on an off since

Mild Degeneration (Grade 1 woop de bloody how) in C4/C5, C5/C6, C6/C7 (with space narrowing of vertebra 6-7)

oh and not to forget C2/C3 they got mentioned to as Grade 1 degeneration

oh poor C1 missed out .....F'ing yay!!!! golly gosh poor baby.

well that accounts for the tingling in both arms and hands (added tingling to right wrist that was nerve damaged in a rear ender car accident 7 years ago)

it took me years to adjust to the lack of strength and dexterity in my right wrist after the car accident. (oh a car accident, hello? my files right in front of you - could it have been a contributing factor? - yes maybe)

The doctor said we were lucky to catch it so early, but there is nothing that can be done - oh wait he did mention maybe some acupuncture and anti-inflammatory - Nothing they can do .

So what... I'm just got to get use to the constant tingling and pins and needles in my arms, the lack of strength (well at least it explains the constant headaches and maybe the blurred vision)

next week I am booked in for a nerve test, so we will see what fun information they give me and just had another round of blood test.

at the moment I am in shock, and a bit angry , when I calm down I will start do my research, pull out my books and look at what I can do, alternative treatment , ways to slow it down, good and bad outcomes etc

part of me is so pissed off, I enjoy my pottery and am looking at doing so carving and other things, all of which I need dexterity and strength in my hand and arms, I've adjusted to being mostly a lefty but to loose strength in both my hands - that just bites - FFFF'ing Big time.

I'm going to go out in the garden and do some weeding now and tonight when the house is quiet I am going to go outside have a few drinks and sulk big time.....

Tomorrow is a new day...hopefully with a bit more clarity
xox

No new posts 11-09-2013 03:01 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

OH dear...I am so sorry to hear that, LW. Are you going to try acupuncture? I haven't had anything that severe, but I know how badly it screws with your life when your back is out-of-sorts. I really hope it gets better for you...
Huggles

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 11-09-2013 03:32 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I hope your doctors can come up with something to help alleviate your pain, LW.

No new posts 11-09-2013 12:11 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

I'm so sorry to hear that, LW! I hope you can find a solution soon.

In the meantime, I hope you're not dismissing acupuncture outright -- I know of some cases where it's helped a lot.

Normally, I wouldn't share this, but sine you're a "pack mama", I know you'll understand.

I've mentioned in the past that my mom was one of the top breeders of mini dachshunds in North America. Well, a lady who had bought a puppy from us let him up onto a very high-set bed....and he promptly fell off, hurting his back to the point of crippling him. Mrs. Eholt tried everything for Friedrich, but nothing worked until acupuncture. I can't explain how it worked, but after a few weeks of treatment, he was getting around as if nothing had happened.

Anyway, I'll keep you in my thoughts, and I expect you to take care of yourself.

No new posts 11-09-2013 12:49 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I hope the doctors are able to help put you back to rights, LW! Huggles

No new posts 11-09-2013 15:36 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

I'm so sorry to hear so, LW!Huggles At least, if you might look at it as a bright side, you know what's going on with you and you might be more able to cope with the situation.

I've been struggling with the same condition, C4/C5 and C5/C6 for me, for years now, and it's really not fun! Especially since, as you said, you need your arms and hands to do what you like doing most, in my case cake decorating, which should also help me earn that extra money, since I had to quit my full-time job. From x-rays and an MRI I found out that it is a consequence of a whiplash injury, which I incurred when I was 14 years old and which was left untreated, when I had been involved in an ugly car accident, seated as a passenger with my Mum as the driver. So, if you have had a car accident in the past that could well be the culprit. I have also been told that this injury might be the cause of my Fibromyalgia, apart from other possible triggers, and that I might have problems at my lower back also, which I've chosen not to check out, yet, maybe because of denial ... so ...! I just totally empathise with you and so wish that you'd be coping with your situation soon! Don't let it bring you down ... try to live normally but also come to know your limitations, even though it's more easily said than done! Sending you big hugs and the best of get well soon wishes! A few of those drinks you've mentioned might help! Smile Take care, though!

No new posts 11-09-2013 20:16 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

LW and GM - is this a form of arthritis?

I had somewhat similar problems about 11 years ago. I wasn't diagnosed with RA until 7 years ago, but we traced it back to when I was 15. The Rheumatologist said my neck problems were actually from the RA.

No new posts 11-09-2013 21:03 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

So sorry, LW! Huggles Here's hoping you find a treatment regimen soon that brings you some relief.

No new posts 11-09-2013 23:44 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Hugs, LW!

No new posts 12-09-2013 02:53 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Becky ... in my case, and I think also in LW's, it's ruptures of the fibrocartilage of the discs between spinal vertebrae, more simpler called as slipped discs due to trauma.

There are different stages ... the more advanced the degenaration, the more the effects (tingling, pins and needles, numbness, pain etc, as LW said). Arthritis is a common consequence to this condition, hence arthritis is there, too, but it's not the cause. The worse possible scenario, at least the one which I was told, is that having another accident, or with more wear and tear and degeneration, when things start slipping from the hands, there's the possibility of one of the discs slipping out to such an extent of needing surgery to install a titanium support and enable mobility, but it's a bit risky. Treatment, till now, is pain management and maintenance.

So sorry about your RA, Becky ... it surely isn't a walk in the park, either *hugs*

No new posts 12-09-2013 07:51 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks all!

No tears today,
Alcohol kinda helped
Doctors are saying there nothing they can do
have another nerve test next week
and Spoke to my local Acupuncturerist today, have an appointment next week for a full check up and assessment ( the herbal medicine has to taste better than the anti-inflammatory)
have more research to do , just ticked off now

GM, BR old age sucks, but as my sister pointed out I'm in my mid 40's now, didn't realize I was that old, and my wild and action packed youth is now catching up with me.

But on a lighter note , my sister is getting better, and she has been watching and looking after me since I got the news (ah the fun of role reversal) bit of tough love is what I needed.

Thank you everyone!Luvu4

No new posts 12-09-2013 11:48 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Age has nothing to do with it. My mother-in-law is 72 and I can't keep up with her. Sometimes I really feel the bad parts are in my head...

No new posts 12-09-2013 20:45 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

LW, I'm sincerely sorry for you! I hope acupuncture, or other alternative therapies, can help. And I'm glad that you have someone to take care of you. Anything else I say may sound trite...so I won't...But I'm sending you a big hug!

Huggles

No new posts 12-09-2013 22:06 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

LW, I hope you and your doctor are able to come up with a solution that helps.

No new posts 15-09-2013 22:09 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Update time:

Acupuncture is doing wonders
So is the kinesiology

more blood test ( low in Vit D and slightly high cholesterol, rest is fine)

Nerve test done ( apparently no carpel tunnel or major nerve damage)
CT scan done (hand holding needed for that one, bit of hyperventilation and the urge for donuts after)

tingling is less, headaches about the same (yah for panadol)

degeneration is mainly on the left side at C4-C7)

So now I wait for my appointment with the Neurologist (23th of this month) to say how we proceed beyond this point.
The helpful doctor I spoke to about my result was very whatever about it saying there are 3 main ways to proceed medication, therapy or surgery (think I will get him some empathy for Christmas)

So now I wait - and take all my extra herbal tablets, vitamins and minerals, and the rest of the other stuff recommended, haven't told work yet, but am being careful and try not to yell at my very helpful sister cause I'm being moody and can't shake the constant headaches.

Thank you all for your support!Luvu3

No new posts 04-10-2013 01:56 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

I'm glad you're feeling better, LW! I'll keep you in my thoughts while you decide what to do next.

And don't forget you've got loads of friends here whenever you need to unload!
MG40

No new posts 04-10-2013 02:17 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm glad things are improving, LW! Huggles

No new posts 04-10-2013 02:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Hooray!!! Glad to hear such good news!!Bounce2

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-10-2013 02:33 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Glad to hear you're starting to feel better, LW! Smile

No new posts 04-10-2013 11:22 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm so glad to hear so, too, LW! I also wish you the best verdict I'm sure you're so anxiously waiting for! Just hang in there and, as others said, you can vent things our way whenever you'd feel moody! Huggles

No new posts 04-10-2013 16:23 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: