Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Even More New Gatchaman Merchandise
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Even More New Gatchaman Merchandise
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Even More New Gatchaman Merchandise Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Boy, go away for a couple of weeks, and a bunch of new stuff gets announced. Let's get a quick rundown on the latest Gatchaman goodness that's coming our way.

EX Gokin Gatchaman G-5 (God Phoenix) Firebird Version

Art Storm is reissuing their God Phoenix die-cast, but this time in in red and yellow Firebird colors. More pictures of it can be found on the Art Storm site here:

http://artstorm.co.jp/exgokin_godphoenix_hinotoriver.html

This die-cast vehicle will retail for 9,800 yen, and is to be released in February of 2014.

EX Gokin Gatchaman II New God Phoenix Firebird Version

Along the same lines, Art Storm is also reissuing their New God Phoenix die-cast in a Firebird style. Like the God Phoenix, it uses the same mold from their previous release, but with a more red and yellow paint job. Unlike the God Phoenix, the New God Phoenix Firebird Version comes with a series of flame attachments that can be placed on the nose, wings, tail, and tail fins to give it more of a true Firebird appearance. This release also comes with miniatures of the individual members Gatchaman II vehicles, also given Firebird color paint job. More pictures of them can be found on the Art Storm site here:

http://artstorm.co.jp/exgokin_newgodphoenix_hinotoriver.html

As a much larger vehicle set, the New God Phoenix Firebird Version will retail at 27,800 yen, and will also be released in February of 2014.

Gatchaman Song Collection CD

Nippon Columbia is releasing a collection of songs from the original Gatchaman series', all gathered together on a single disc. A complete track list is not currently available, but the 13 of 21 tracks that has been announced indicate that they are following the same pattern as the tracks on the first disc in the 2-disc Gatchaman Vocal Collection CD from 2002. That 20-track disc included the opening and closing themes from all three TV series, the two image songs Isao Sasaki did for the first series (Which were subsequently used in the Gatchaman radio drama), the eight image songs created for Gatchaman II, the Let's Fly song from the Gatchaman OAVs, the Gatchaman '94 and Defeat! Gallactor '94 campaign songs created for the OAVs, and the '95 remix of the Gatchaman '94 song.

This, of course, leaves the question of what is the 21st track on the new album? One of the Gatchaman Crowds themes would make sense, but those are being released by Vap, not Nippon Columbia, so that might not be it. I'm going to guess that the 21st track is the Gatchaman TV Manga Action Series, which was released as a bonus track on the second disc of the Vocal Collection in 2002. The TV Manga Action Series were records that mixed dialogue and sound effects from a series between the verses of the theme songs to tell a short story. Nippon Columbia did these for all three Gatchaman TV series, but only the one from the original Gatchaman has seen a commercial CD release, and I wouldn't put it past them to use it again.

Anyway, this CD retails for 1,890 yen, and will be released on September 25, 2013. It can be found on Amazon Japan here:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ %E7%A7%91%E5%AD...%83%9E%E3%83%B3

Nippon Television Comic Market Goods

Nippon Television is having a booth at the 84th Comic Market at the Tokyo Big Sight on August 10~12, 2013. This show used to be a show where fans would sell their fanzines on their favorite subjects, but the massive popularity of the twice-yearly show has led to many companies and studios to set up their own booths at the event, often selling unique merchandise based on their products. At that is exactly what Nippon TV is doing, and this time around, they are offering a selection of items based on Gatchaman Crowds.

Being given away free to attendees of Comic Market are had-held fans (Which can be very popular in the August heat and often poor ventilation experienced during Comic Market), one of which had the Gatchaman Crowds logo and Paiman's eyes.

For sale at the Nippon Television booth are a Clear File (350 yen) with a Gatchaman Crowds picture on the front, with the back styles to look like the NOTE. This will cost 350 yen.

They are also releasing a plush version of Paiman. Standing 33cm tall (Roughly 13 inches), this little fellow will set attendees back 3,800 to take home.

Lastly, Nippon TV is releasing a trio of books designed to look like the NOTE books carried by Hajime (In white), Sugane (In gray), and Joe (In red). Like the NOTE in the series, the pages of these are blank, ready for you to write in. I doubt that they can be used to instantly send messages to other NOTE holders, though. But each one does come with their own bookmark! The bookmarks come with pictures of the appropriate character to match the NOTE, showing them in their civilian guise on one side, and in their G Suit form on the reverse. Each NOTE and bookmark will cost attendees 1,200 yen, so 3,600 yen if someone buys all three.

Pictures of all the the special goodies Nippon Television is selling at Comic Market, including their non-Gatchaman Crowds items, can be found here:

http://www.ntv.co.jp/c84/

These items will only be sold at Comic Market, but it is likely that some will turn up for sale on places like Yahoo! Japan Auctions or eBay after Comic Market has ended, so keep an eye out for them!

Gatchaman Complete Collection Blu-Ray and DVD

On the domestic front, the official release dates for the Gatchaman Complete Collection Blu-ray and DVD sets has been set as October 29, 2013. You can pre-order either or both from Amazon.com, with the DVD set running $114.99, and the Blu-ray set costing $129.99. From what I've been told, the Blu-ray set will be using the Japanese HD masters for their video source, so they ought to look gorgeous.

Anyway, that ought to bring you up to date...for now!

James

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 31-07-2013 at 19:09.
No new posts 30-07-2013 19:31 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Many thanks for the info, James! Those die-casts are just awesome!

No new posts 30-07-2013 19:42 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I completely agree with Marie about those die-casts ! Especially about the firebird one.

No new posts 30-07-2013 19:55 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Yep, the Firebirds are the winners!

Although could we call the one of the Gatch II God Phoenix 'fried chicken'?

No new posts 30-07-2013 20:19 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
Although could we call the one of the Gatch II God Phoenix 'fried chicken'?

Pity the Firebirds weren't made in Louisville -- then we could call the Gatch II God Phoenix "Kentucky Fried Chicken"! Rofl

Seriously, though, thank you, James, for keeping us all on top of all the goodies that are coming out!

No new posts 30-07-2013 20:36 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I agree, I love the diecasts! The one with the removable fire pieces is very clever.

No new posts 31-07-2013 15:34 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: