Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » New Gatchaman Books
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New Gatchaman Books
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
New Gatchaman Books Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Two new Gatchaman books have been announced. The first is the 160-page softcover "Gatchaman Anime Archive." This book, published by Shogakukan, will cover Gatchaman, Gatchaman II, Gatchaman Fighter, the Gatchaman OAVs, and Gatchaman Crowds. The description say that it will cover the characters and mecha, include an episode guide for all the episodes of the original three Gatchaman series, and has interviews with Character Designer Yoshitaka Amano and Mecha Designer Kunio Okawara. It will retail for 2,100 yen, and will be released on August 23rd.

The second is the novelization of the live action Gatchaman movie. Written by Masaki Wachi and published by Kadokawa, this book will be released on August 24th, the same day the movie premieres. It retails for 580 yen.

The text in both books will by entirely in Japanese, though it is safe to assume that the Gatchaman Anime Archive will have plenty of pictures to enjoy. The novelization may include some photos from the movie, but will mostly be text.

James

No new posts 05-07-2013 18:55 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I must thank you for the info, both as a Gatchaman fan and as a severe biblioholic! (The voices in my head are going insane with "Oooh! New books! And they're about Gatchaman!" followed by, "But they're in Japanese!" and then countered with "So?!?")

No new posts 05-07-2013 20:04 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you thank you!
Yes, the Japanese may be a bit of a problem, but who cares when we've got the pictures???

I wonder if they'd be available through Amazon.com, or whether Amazon.jp would deliver to Belgium. Time to find out!

No new posts 05-07-2013 21:02 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

OK, an update: Amazon.com doesn't seem to have them, and Amazon.jp (man, was that a weird experience! -- I was going by publication dates, as unfortunately I don't speak Japanese, and, trust me, I wish I did!) also doesn't seem to have anything published around that time.

I'll try ebay after their publication but, if anyone has any hints about where to buy the Anime Archive one, let us know!

No new posts 05-07-2013 21:10 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

That's great. Maybe someone will take pity on us and create an English version in the future.

No new posts 05-07-2013 21:28 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

The Gatchaman Anime Archive can be found on Amazon Japan here:

http://tinyurl.com/mgacy6d

The movie novelization is not currently listed on Amazon, but likely will be by the end of the month.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 07-07-2013 at 03:45.
No new posts 07-07-2013 03:43 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Victoria Victoria is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-10-2011

spacer

I see... I've searched for the Gatchaman Anime Archive on Amiami, Hobbylink Japan, japancd and ebay to no avail. It didn't actually occur to me to try the Japanese Amazon. (though Gatchaman Crowrds ost is what I'll be counting my days to. I mean, Iwasaki Taku - I'm so excited! To me, music is a huge factor when it comes to anime. Or anything, really. And Iwasaki Taku!... okay, I'll stop fangirling now. Sorry, everyone. Blushing )

My fanart is here

No new posts 07-07-2013 04:08 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
... okay, I'll stop fangirling now. Sorry, everyone. Blushing )

As far as I'm concerned, no apologies are necessary. There are far, far worse things you could do!

No new posts 07-07-2013 13:34 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Hi all!

The Gatchaman Anime Archive can be found on Amazon Japan here:

http://tinyurl.com/mgacy6d

The movie novelization is not currently listed on Amazon, but likely will be by the end of the month.

James

Thank you, James! No wonder I couldn't find it, without a product picture Smile

I'll try to order it when it becomes available, hopefully it will understand my Amazon.co.uk sign in.

No new posts 07-07-2013 18:42 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Amazon Japan has posted a picture of the cover for the Gatchaman Anime Archive book on their website. Here is what it looks like:

James

No new posts 19-07-2013 04:06 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Nice!

No new posts 19-07-2013 18:53 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

James, the title is also in English - does this mean it will be translated inside too? Can you tell? That would be awesome!

No new posts 19-07-2013 20:10 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

They put in a butt pose for Ken. Good for us girls.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Becky Rock on 21-07-2013 at 02:04.
No new posts 19-07-2013 20:44 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Pufles65 Pufles65 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-06-2010

spacer

LOL Becky I was just thinking the same thing Smile

No new posts 20-07-2013 03:25 Pufles65 is offline Send an Email to Pufles65 Search for Posts by Pufles65 Add Pufles65 to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I really like that picture.

Becky, that was the first thing I noticed too.

No new posts 20-07-2013 04:12 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
James, the title is also in English - does this mean it will be translated inside too? Can you tell? That would be awesome!

The book will be in Japanese. Using bits of English, as seem on the cover illustration, is nothing more than an artistic choice on the part of the book's designers, and is a fairly common practice in Japan. It is not an indication that there will be English language text in the book.

James

No new posts 20-07-2013 05:28 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Victoria Victoria is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-10-2011

spacer

I wonder how much shipping will cost. The price of the book itself wouldn't be too bad for the wages of the likes of me, but I suspect that shipping to EU would be more than the cost of the book itself.

My fanart is here

No new posts 20-07-2013 06:32 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Victoria, I think e-bay would be a better choice, as you may find a seller in Europe. We can even try to outbid each other for it!!!!

No new posts 21-07-2013 10:13 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Hi all!

The book will be in Japanese. Using bits of English, as seem on the cover illustration, is nothing more than an artistic choice on the part of the book's designers, and is a fairly common practice in Japan. It is not an indication that there will be English language text in the book.

James

Thanks James!

No new posts 21-07-2013 10:13 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

The first thing I noticed was the Swan's fist of power - I like her shown in a strong, yet feminine, way. On closer inspection, it looks like she's giving a butt shot too, although that didn't catch my eye.

No new posts 26-07-2013 00:41 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: