Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Live action Gatchaman - full film trailer
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Live action Gatchaman - full film trailer
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
FangJoker FangJoker is a Male

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-12-2009

spacer
Live action Gatchaman - full film trailer Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

As promised by the director through Twitter, the full trailer for Gatchaman is out, and I must say it looks quite promising...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVKaIFxQa98

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by FangJoker on 21-06-2013 at 00:46.
No new posts 21-06-2013 00:45 FangJoker is offline Send an Email to FangJoker Search for Posts by FangJoker Add FangJoker to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

it looks fantastic.... I just hope it gets translated for the non-Japanese fans!!

No new posts 21-06-2013 00:59 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you for linking to that FangJoker.

No new posts 21-06-2013 01:13 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Was that the Cataroller I saw? It does look good...just wish I could understand what they're saying...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 21-06-2013 03:06 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I was thinking "Hey, that's the Cataroller!" too.

I hope a translated-to-English version gets put up on youtube, or somewhere, soon -I too am really curious to know what they're saying!

I'm guessing that this is Dr. Nambu -he really does quite look like him, what with the suit, glasses and mustache.

Berg Katse looks and sounds quite female -which is interesting, as in the series, Katse was (aside from ep. 102, perhaps) only ever in male form while wearing the purple-eared uniform. Guessing this means the great mystery of Katse's dual genders will be revealed in the movie.

Looks like she/he captures Joe, in his civvies, at one point -shades of ep. 103?

I like that Ken and Jun get a chance to go undercover in glam outfits. Quite "James Bond"!

Wonder what Ken and Joe are talking about -looks a bit angsty.

I guess this must be Joe and his deceased fiance, Naomi? (in a flashback?)

And this must be the "stone" that the Ninjas draw power from?

And the God Phoenix -wish I could get a clearer look!

And this seems to be the "mysterious invader," Iriya (because he looks like the actor Shido Nakamura).

Say, if Katse mostly looks female, maybe this guy will turn out to be the male form of Katse, perhaps a sort of equivalent to the "Galactor female commander" in the original series? After all, the "Iriya" in ep. 43 (A Romance destroyed by Evil) turned out to really be Katse...

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 21-06-2013 at 04:26.
No new posts 21-06-2013 04:24 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

The new trailer for the movie isn't the only news. If you check the website for the movie, you'll see that they have updated it with a new picture on the home page. The movie's website can be found here:

http://www.gatchaman-movie.jp/

Check the "Trailer" page, and you'll see that they have not only the theatrical trailer, but also two additional videos. One of these (The red button on the right) is the original teaser trailer, and the other (The red button in the middle) is for the 30 second TV commercial for the movie, which is essentially a cut-down version of the theatrical trailer.

The trailers are not the only new movie news. They have also announced that the music for the movie is being scored by Nima Fakhara, a composer of Iranian descent who works out of Los Angeles. The soundtrack CD for the score will be released on August 21st, three days before the movie premieres in Japan. The movie will also feature a new song by the band Bump of Chicken (No, really, that's their name). Part of the song, titled "Those Who Possess Rainbows," can be heard toward the end of the theatrical trailer.

This is just the start of the promotional ramp up leading to the release of the movie in August, so you can be sure that there will be more to come shortly!

James

No new posts 21-06-2013 08:18 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

It looks Cheesy

But the soundtrack is rather nice

No new posts 21-06-2013 08:47 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
I guess this must be Joe and his deceased fiance, Naomi? (in a flashback?)

Now I'm wondering if this takes place while Joe is (apparently) captured by Galactor -maybe he only thought his fiance was dead and it turns out she's been Galactor's prisoner. Or maybe what he's kissing here is a cyborg of his dead fiance and he doesn't know it yet...

No new posts 21-06-2013 14:15 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I was wondering what 'Bump of Chicken' was in the trailer! ROFL 2

Thanks for posting this, FangJoker! It looks like they really put a lot of work into it to make it awesome! It also seems like a big theatriucal release, which makes me feel more confident that bootleg English dubs will show up somewhere. Big Grin

No new posts 21-06-2013 14:56 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I thought "bump of chicken" had something to do with "goosebumps", at first! Animetongue chick

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 21-06-2013 15:37 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

LOL ... I don't know why but, for me, that chicken in the band's name instantly reminded me about Gatch II! You might know what I'm referring to!

Thanks FangJoker and James!

No new posts 21-06-2013 17:16 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

At first I thought "Bump of Chicken" might be a reference to a rooster's...okay, I'll admit it -- sometimes I can be a sick puppy!

Anyway, the trailer's piqued my interest.

No new posts 21-06-2013 19:39 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

It looks really good to me. Where does Joe's fiancée come from? New plot device?

No new posts 21-06-2013 22:14 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
FangJoker FangJoker is a Male

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-12-2009

spacer

Someone attached softsubs to the trailer. For those who were curious as to what they were saying, here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs5UmABELKQ

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by FangJoker on 22-06-2013 at 00:31.
No new posts 22-06-2013 00:30 FangJoker is offline Send an Email to FangJoker Search for Posts by FangJoker Add FangJoker to your Buddy List
Victoria Victoria is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-10-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
It looks really good to me. Where does Joe's fiancée come from? New plot device?

I think the dead fiancee here is the equivalent of dead parents of the original series. In any way, she'll probably serve as a justification for Joe to be revenge-driven and angry all the time.

My fanart is here

No new posts 22-06-2013 01:56 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
Pufles65 Pufles65 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-06-2010

spacer

All I have to say is WOW!!! Really love the suits and like everyone else hope they dub or sub the the movie. Smile I tend to like subtitles more but at this point I don't care. Thanks so much for sharing the link Smile

No new posts 22-06-2013 14:44 Pufles65 is offline Send an Email to Pufles65 Search for Posts by Pufles65 Add Pufles65 to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Several thoughts immediately leapt to mind when I watched the trailer. The first was "What is Doronjo from "Yatterman" doing in this film?

Doronjo

Berg Katse

Another was, "What do you want to bet that Katse is actually Naomi?"

The suggestion that Katse might also be Iriya is a good one, and something I hadn't considered. I can certainly see them doing that.

I also noticed that, from the look of things, the film is going to be about Joe joining the already formed team, which seems to be the popular go-to notion for a Gatchaman story. They're doing it here, Imagi was going to do it, and even Jinzo Toriumi did it when he wrote his Gatchaman novel back in 1989.

James

No new posts 24-06-2013 20:16 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Naomi as Katse. Interesting idea.

I do have to admit I just can't wrap my brain around a Japanese Joe.

No new posts 24-06-2013 22:30 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Several thoughts immediately leapt to mind when I watched the trailer. The first was "What is Doronjo from "Yatterman" doing in this film?

Interesting -I hadn't though of the resemblance, but is sure is there! Either the influence of Nikkatsu's Yatterman movie lingers on in its art department or, in deciding to have Katse look very female, Tatsunoko's Doronjo seemed an obvious model for a Galactor villainess?

quote:
Another was, "What do you want to bet that Katse is actually Naomi?"

Ooh, that would be evil -poor Joe would sure be gagging upon finding out something like that, if the Naomi we see him kissing in the trailer isn't just Naomi.

quote:
I also noticed that, from the look of things, the film is going to be about Joe joining the already formed team, which seems to be the popular go-to notion for a Gatchaman story. They're doing it here, Imagi was going to do it, and even Jinzo Toriumi did it when he wrote his Gatchaman novel back in 1989.

I could see it being a device to make it easier to retain Joe's past connection to Galactor without having to show lots of flashbacks to when he was 9 or 10 or use a different actor for "young" Joe. Maybe he's with Galactor into his teens in this movie, and it's the death (or perhaps, apparent death) of his fiance instead of the death of his parents (like Victoria suggested) that is the pivotal incident that gets him out of Galactor... and then to join the Science Ninja Team?

Or, there's a tendency to see Joe as the outsider or the loner, and to want him to be the last to join the team instead of being one of the first.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 26-06-2013 at 02:57.
No new posts 26-06-2013 02:54 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Just so you'll know, Nikkatsu has reported that the new trailer has received 1.5 million views in the seven days following its release. Fairly impressive!

James

No new posts 30-06-2013 00:56 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: