Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Nikkatsu's Live Action Gatch movie
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Nikkatsu's Live Action Gatch movie
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Nikkatsu's Live Action Gatch movie Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It looks as though they might actually be doing it... finally!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/201...-tori-matsuzaka

(Thank you, Saturn, for the heads-up)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 12-10-2012 at 14:53.
No new posts 12-10-2012 14:53 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Woo! Thanks for sharing this! Love the cast so far, and frankly, after watching the latest TRON incarnation, I thought, why not live animation?

Now, the question is, when or if, it ever makes it to our shores...

Best news I've had all day.

No new posts 12-10-2012 14:58 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh lets hope so

No new posts 12-10-2012 15:16 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

Awesome news!! Thanks for sharing this - it was time we had hope!

No new posts 12-10-2012 15:20 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

woohoo

Even though it's already dark, here, you've lightened up my day, LB! Many thanks go to Saturn, also! So, there's still hope! I knew it!

No new posts 12-10-2012 17:16 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

That's great! They did a fantastic job translating the feel of the Yatterman show to live action, so hopefully they can do the same for Gatchaman!

No new posts 12-10-2012 19:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

There is an official movie site for the film. Right now it's nothing but a splash page.

http://www.gatchaman-movie.jp/

And there's a Twitter feed too!

https://twitter.com/gatchaman_movie

No new posts 12-10-2012 19:36 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Hurrah!

Our patience is rewarded!

No new posts 12-10-2012 20:11 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I think I will be the negative in the crowd, if you call it that. I will celebrate when the film actually becomes public. Until then I will remain on the sidelines not getting my hopes up again.

Thank you for the news though LB. I know a few others, who are not regulars here any more, to pass this information on to.

No new posts 12-10-2012 21:08 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

you're not being negative CD, you're being cautious. There has been so much false hope about this sort of thing that no one could blame you either.

No new posts 12-10-2012 21:17 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

CD, I'm with you. When the film is in post-production, and a release date is set, then when can get our hopes up. Until then, too much can happen to turn it around.

That they've gone this far, is good news, and it is nice to know that the franchise is still kicking beyond just the internet. However, I'll remain, cautious, too.

No new posts 12-10-2012 21:35 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by KT1972
you're not being negative CD, you're being cautious. There has been so much false hope about this sort of thing that no one could blame you either.

Ahhh, that is the word I am looking for ... I have been having a rough time today forgetting words all over ... trying to talk about what I am teaching and forgetting the names of units and the names of the documents they come from.
*shakes head ... shows how much is on my mind right now as I try to figure out this new grade, school, fill in paperwork and begin working on student reports.* But I am really enjoying my teaching once again.

No new posts 12-10-2012 21:58 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

I'll call myself cautiously optimistic. Smile Glad you're enjoying getting back to teaching, cloud!

No new posts 13-10-2012 02:10 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ohhh, I had forgotten how much fun it can be when you have a bunch of students who WANT to learn. Even if they are only functioning at a lower than average grade level.

They want to please, and most of the time they are respectful of the teacher (me) and what I have to say. What I have to keep reminding myself of is they are only 6/7 year olds so they will still have lapses in rules - like yelling out answers and talking instead of working. Only with this group they are not doing it intentionally, it IS a mistake and once reminded of it they will quickly try to correct it. Many even apologize for their error.

No new posts 13-10-2012 02:28 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
Ohhh, I had forgotten how much fun it can be when you have a bunch of students who WANT to learn. Even if they are only functioning at a lower than average grade level.

They want to please, and most of the time they are respectful of the teacher (me) and what I have to say. What I have to keep reminding myself of is they are only 6/7 year olds so they will still have lapses in rules - like yelling out answers and talking instead of working. Only with this group they are not doing it intentionally, it IS a mistake and once reminded of it they will quickly try to correct it. Many even apologize for their error.

That's awesome to hear, Cloud! I am so happy you have seemed to have found your feet again - I know how hard it was for you to decide to leave your 'home' to find another and that it has worked out is just fantastic! Huggles

No new posts 13-10-2012 04:00 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

That does sound great! I've done adult technical training, and it really is so much more of a pleasure to teach when people want to be there, rather than when they're forced to (either through school/law or work).

No new posts 13-10-2012 06:08 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

I just have to add my cheers, CD! I'm so very happy that things are eventually working out for you, after all the past turmoil, and that the job you so love doing is finally rendering you the desired satisfaction and peace of mind!Huggles

No new posts 13-10-2012 11:53 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

CD, I'm with you. This is one of the reasons I decided to teach at post-secondary level: the students are interested in learning and they *want* to be there. Even if they're only there because it's a required course, they want to get a passing grade, so they have an investment in learning the material.

I have on occasion taught to people who had no interest in what I was saying and no desire to be there... that's very tough to overcome.

As for the movie, Nikkatsu has had the rights for a number of years. What gets me excited now is the official announcement, release date less than a year away, and most importantly, a CAST. When you have actors signed on, that's a relatively late stage in the 'pre-filming' process.

No new posts 13-10-2012 15:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

In the back of my mind, I'll keep reminding myself that nothing is a sure thing until it's hit the theaters... but Nikkatsu is looking awfully committed, at this point, if they really are about to start filming.

I'm not exactly surprised that a Japanese actor has been cast as Joe, though he's supposedly Italian. As the actor would need to be fluent in Japanese, that would cut down the number of potential Joe-resembling actors. A case can be made too that with a surname like "Asakura," that Joe's family might have been of Japanese descent, even if they were living on BC Island.

I did a bit of googling to see what I could find on some of the actors...

Tori Matsuzaka (Ken)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qloo0ugbsU4

Go Ayano (Joe)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4gnepRZcuAv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQzszFFh29Q

Ayame Gouriki (Jun)

http://aruppo.com/words/video/page/R51PF...br /> %A0%B1/31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XCoF9C5ths

http://aruppo.com/words/video/page/226Bj...br /> %A0%B1/31

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 13-10-2012 at 16:08.
No new posts 13-10-2012 16:06 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
Ohhh, I had forgotten how much fun it can be when you have a bunch of students who WANT to learn.

That's wonderful! Even with their inevitable lapses, that attitude must make a tremendous difference for you -one that's far more encouraging and motivational.

No new posts 13-10-2012 16:13 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (6): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: