Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »The Book Nook » "Until Tuesday" - Book
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page "Until Tuesday" - Book
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer
"Until Tuesday" - Book Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Until Tuesday by Luis Carlos Montalvan with Bret Witter
A wounded warrior and the dog who saved him.
Headline Publishing Group 2011

My sister regularly gets books from the library about real life animal tales..
Some heart warming and some well heart breaking.

When I have time I read them, others she recommends. This one she had barely started when I got my hands on it.

3 hours later I had finished the book and was still crying. The book was sad, funny, enlightening and all the rest of the stuff, I just know after the first 10 pages tears were rolling down my face and I had to stop to wipe my eyes so I could continue to read. (happy and sad one's)

I'm not much of a crier, never realy was, but I have a soft spot about the gift animals bring into my life.

Basic story is
A soldier returns from war with injuries and PTSD, he ends up getting a service dog to assist him - this is part of their journey together.

yes some confronting thing are said about how returned vets are treated both by the military and general public - it won't be a book for everyone., if your interested try reading it.

Quotes in book
"I am a creature of habit in a hamster-cage world" thought of EW

'That's war. It's messy. It's violent. It's traumatic. It's more real than ordinary life because death makes life tangible, and the closer you are to death's presence the more you experience life's pulse." made me think of the Condor and the Eagle

ps If you like a good happy animal book "Oogy" by Larry Levin - he was a "bait" dog that was rescued

No new posts 18-07-2012 05:20 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks LW!

I'm always on the lookout for new books -- I mean, books on subjects I haven't really read before -- will check this out!

Waiting

No new posts 18-07-2012 08:07 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Pufles65 Pufles65 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-06-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sounds like a good read LW, I know they have a project on Facebook training dogs for PTSD veterans. I think its an amazing idea. They rescue the dogs then the dogs rescue the veterans. I wish more people would adopt this program and help both dogs in pounds and helps the veterans out. I can't wait to read your recommendation.

No new posts 19-07-2012 06:25 Pufles65 is offline Send an Email to Pufles65 Search for Posts by Pufles65 Add Pufles65 to your Buddy List
Pufles65 Pufles65 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-06-2010

spacer

Found the facebook name for the veterans and dogs program, Dog Bless You, They are up to 68 dogs and counting since 1st of June I believe Smile

No new posts 19-07-2012 17:40 Pufles65 is offline Send an Email to Pufles65 Search for Posts by Pufles65 Add Pufles65 to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

Thanks I'll check it out

No new posts 20-07-2012 10:06 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: