Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Animatic Storyboard
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Animatic Storyboard
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Animatic Storyboard Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Lookie what I found on You Tube...an old animated storyboard for the Gatch movie that wasn't meant to be...fun to watch...it shows the firebird in action!

Animatic Storyboard

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 30-05-2012 01:33 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks Springie! That was pretty cool. Smile

Too bad the footage I've seen from the movie trailers looked so badly like an old CGI game. :/

No new posts 30-05-2012 01:49 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Neat! WHat a great find!

No new posts 30-05-2012 01:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

That is interesting. I loved stick-person Katse.

No new posts 31-05-2012 01:23 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Cool! I rather like the "rough" look of it, though it's a bit hard to distinguish Ken from Joe -not always sure whose face is whose.

Interesting that Katse sure look like he bites it there at the end -wondering now if this was a concept for the film's concluding fight and if Katse was meant to die in it.

No new posts 02-06-2012 03:16 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Hahaha...Katse's like a roach...I'm sure he has his escape pod ready! LOL

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 02-06-2012 11:31 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

If Imagi had an eye to a sequel, yes, no doubt he'd have somehow survived. I doubt they'd have wanted to use Gel Sadra...

No new posts 03-06-2012 03:09 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Found some more...one is really long!

Ersoz

Jim Mitchell

And this is another one that was brought to my attention quite a while ago...I just didn't see it in this thread (just click on the "Gotchaman Club" link):

Jane Wu

No new posts 25-08-2012 05:56 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Springie, those are great finds! I especially love the Jim Mitchell one. Sure, it's not the same as the original canon, but it still seems like a good story to me, and that's what's important. It makes me wish that they'd had a proper chance to bring this to life.

No new posts 25-08-2012 15:11 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I agree-that Jim Mitchell one is really interesting!

Funny thing, back around the time that bits of footage and some plot details about the Imagi movie were coming out -also about the time it was becoming clear that the movie would never actually be coming out- I was really not impressed by much of what I saw and what it seemed to me like they were doing with canon, and particularly with Joe (making a cliche "bad boy" street punk-type). But I must admit, seeing all these storyboard animations now really has me thinking that the movie could have been, despite changes to canon, good in a lot of ways.

Thanks for posting these, Springie!

No new posts 25-08-2012 16:13 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Wow, those are great. It makes me wish they had gone through with the film.

Seeing the Ersoz one makes me wonder what they were trying to make of Katse - the way he could appear and disappear in a puff of smoke. And was the collar something that contained him in a solid "form"? Very interesting.

No new posts 25-08-2012 20:03 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

I hadn't seen the Mitchell one, thanks! Like lborgia I hadn't been at all impressed with what I'd seen of the trailers, etc., in part because it looked so "old 3D video game." Seeing the Mitchell one in particular makes me wish they had actually finished and released it. Might not be canon but it still might have been good!

Dangit.

No new posts 26-08-2012 00:36 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

Very impressed by the Mitchell vid and the others...sigh...what could have been.

No new posts 26-08-2012 13:02 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Katse actually competent and able to hold his own in a fight: yeah! More dangerous and terrifying.

Why change Joe's father's name to Daniel?

No new posts 30-08-2012 01:28 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
Katse actually competent and able to hold his own in a fight: yeah! More dangerous and terrifying.

Yeah, I found Katse competence refreshing as well as a bit terrifying in his 'alienness.' That whole living hologram scene was awesome.

quote:
Why change Joe's father's name to Daniel?
I dunno....small potatoes I guess, and as these are only test storyboards, they may not have really known.

No new posts 30-08-2012 02:31 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm guessing they were playing down Joe's 'Italian' background and wanted something more generic for his father's name.

No new posts 30-08-2012 13:20 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

In watching the Jim Mitchell video, I found it interesting that when Joe is back at his apartment, and watching the news...the first lead story about Galactor has the evil doers attacking a school and killing five children....

Second bit of interest at the opening of the scene at the Utoland communications tower, the bottom-heavy aircraft that is pictured flying upward looks pretty much the same as the one the team is flying toward the beacon at the end.

I really like little details like that.

No new posts 01-09-2012 14:54 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Those are great finds, especially the Mitchell one! I too have somehow disliked the plot as it was turning out at the beginning, when the movie was still thought to be made, it seeming totally different from canon and giving some characters we're used to know such a different aspect! But, seeing these pieces makes me think that, at the end, I would have been more than intrigued to happily watch the movie, if ever it would have made it out in the light!

k2p2 ... ITA with you in saying that little details like those make a difference!

No new posts 01-09-2012 15:56 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

They were all awesome to watch ... thanks for sharing, Springie!

I agree with UW ... a competent Katse is a truly terrifying thought!

Although, is it just me or was he channeling Maleficent in a lot of that? The "flame" look ... disappearing into smoke ... and then becoming what looked like a dragon ... not that I'm complaining .. the effect was totally cool and made him a truly worthy opponent for the team!

The one storyline was interesting when Nambu (I think) was thrown into a jail cell ... who was the woman in there with him? So many questions and no answers over what might have been!

No new posts 01-09-2012 23:24 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

That was the re-imagined Dr. Nambu.

I wonder who she was, also.

No new posts 03-09-2012 16:18 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: