Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »The Book Nook » New JK Rowling Book
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New JK Rowling Book
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
New JK Rowling Book Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Anyone else heard about this? Will you buy it just because she wrote it?

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/04/j-k...ook-for-adults/

No new posts 14-04-2012 20:43 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I saw this the other day.

I haven't pre-ordered it though, and likely won't.

The premise sounds intriguing, but even though I like her writing style, which is easy to read, I'll wait for the reviews or maybe the paperback.

No new posts 14-04-2012 20:48 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

might wait for it to come into the library first, read it for free, then decide if I want to buy it in paperback when available.....

No new posts 14-04-2012 20:48 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I too am not sure... I admire her ability to devise and lay out complex, intertwining plots where things end up connecting in unexpected ways as small details and passing mentions later turn out to be far more important than they seemed, but this sure sounds very different from Harry Potter!

I'll probably wait for more detailed reviews to come in.

I am currently excited that the sequel to Hillary Mantel's "Wolf Hall" is coming out on May 8 -I've got that pre-ordered. I was totally smitten with "Wolf Hall" -and I have added her Thomas Cromwell to my list of fictional characters that I am in love with (Condor Joe and Miles Vorkosigan being the other two).

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 14-04-2012 at 22:06.
No new posts 14-04-2012 22:02 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

I don't know if I will or not. But I have a few months to decide, so it's not a big deal to me. Look

No new posts 14-04-2012 22:09 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I think I'm like you guys... waiting for reviews to see if it's any good.

No new posts 14-04-2012 22:30 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

I'll probably get it, as I'm enough of a book addict to not be able to wait Smile

Will post review!

No new posts 15-04-2012 12:51 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: