Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » My new Pet
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page My new Pet
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
My new Pet Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Over in the chat room at the Archives I have mentioned to a few people that I now have a new puppy. I have finally had the time to download the pictures I have been taking of her to Photobucket and can now post them for all to see.

Her name is Honey, for her colouring and sweet nature, but being a puppy she is full of energy and bounce so at times I do wonder if I would have been better to call her Tigger.

These first pictures are of Honey when I first got her at 3 months old.

The next pictures are a couple of months later at 5 months (taken about 3 weeks ago).

And finally a picture to show how well one of my cats and Honey enjoy getting along. It took me several days to get this shot, because every time I would approach with the camera Honey would jump up and want to start playing with me. Even in this image it is a little blurry because Honey start to move. Sorry.

No new posts 03-12-2011 16:37 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

She is so adorable, CD!

I just saw some of these pics in Bird Scramble, but they're better here in colour! Does the "poodle" part of being a cockapoo keep her from shedding as much as dogs normally do?

I especially love the pic of her with your cat. I've never had much luck getting cats and dogs to be friends -grudging tolerance was the best I ever got.

I've got a new pet too -since Thanksgiving. Well, not that new, as he's been my sister's cat since January of 2007 -but she has given him to me now. My old cat died last year, and I'm realizing now, with another purring black furball perpetually curled up in my lap, just how much I missed having a cat.

His name is Sharpie.

No new posts 03-12-2011 17:10 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm glad you guys are enjoying your pets!

No new posts 03-12-2011 18:00 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

She's adorable CD!

No new posts 03-12-2011 18:07 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

LB, Sharpie is very sleek looking. Nice cat.

The Poodle part does not seem to help with the shedding, not at the moment, but it is possible a lot of the shedding I am seeing is Honey losing her summer coat. I think the Poodle part controls the "dander" which is what people tend to be allergic to, not the hair.

I have been warned by my vet that poodles can have bad skin condition's so I will have to watch for that, but hopefully the Spaniel part of Honey will cancel out the skin problem.

No new posts 03-12-2011 18:49 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Dragonsbain Dragonsbain is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-04-2011

spacer

Both Honey and Sharpie are adorable.
Thanks for posting the pictures. Inverted1

No new posts 03-12-2011 18:50 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I agree. You just want to snuggle them both.

No new posts 03-12-2011 21:41 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

I use a salmon-based dog food for my dog, it keeps her skin and coat very nice. And is also good for sensitive stomachs.

No new posts 03-12-2011 21:57 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks Amethyst, I will have to look into that. At the moment Honey has such a nice soft coat but I do wonder how much of it is still her soft puppy base.

No new posts 04-12-2011 00:33 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

Oh, CD and LB! They are gorgeous!!

I am in love with those eyebrows, CD - they give her a very expressive face and she is totally adorable!!

And butter just wouldn't melt in her mouth... LOL

And I can see that Sharpie is a very 'I'll go where I wanna go' kitty! The only place off limits in my house to my cats is the kitchen bench and table so my cats walk all over the furniture too.

Personally, I love watching them do it - they're inside kitties so is the only way I get to watch them in action!

No new posts 04-12-2011 02:36 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

How adorable they both are (and your kitty too, Cloud!)! I just want to cuddle all of them!!

I see that Honey is already doing the "sad puppy eyes"!!

*huggles pets*

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 04-12-2011 03:43 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I agree Maddy, seeing her like that in that picture makes me glad I have her. Although tonight during chat, she woke up and decided to start shredding things in sight. Kleenex, Kleenex box, (from off the table) newspapers, and and other boxes and styrofoam trays from the recycling bin.

My fault, I really should have been watching her closer. She ended up in her crate for the rest of chat and I have a house to clean tomorrow. That little devil you see in the first picture made an appearance. Devil1

No new posts 04-12-2011 03:55 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

I must say, Cloud, looking back at those pictures... Your cat is very, very patient with a puppy!!

I've had to introduce a puppy to a full grown cat before... needless to say, the instant animosity lasted a life time!

But gave us some really great memories of the sneaky things they would do to each other.

Pets are special and these piccies just prove how much so!

Enjoy your furkids, ladies - they deserve all the love and attention they get!

No new posts 04-12-2011 05:07 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by green

And I can see that Sharpie is a very 'I'll go where I wanna go' kitty!

That's pretty much the case, certainly in the rooms I can't close him off from with doors! I'm making an effort, though, to demonstrate that my computer's keyboard is a forbidden place to walk/sleep too!

No new posts 04-12-2011 07:44 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

All this talk and Piccies of your pets is making me broody for one myself, Sadly not finacially practical atm.
Hoping one day when situation improves I'll have all the pets we could wish for!! Smile

No new posts 04-12-2011 10:31 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

OMG- I am such a sucker for puppies!!!! CD, I really wish I could reach through the screen and squeeze that adorable pup! She is soooooooo cute!
The kitties are sweet, too, but I am such a dog person...it's ridiculous!Dog

My dog, Buster says "Merry Christmas!"

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-12-2011 12:15 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Merry Christmas Santa Buster.

KT, I know what you mean, pets are a very big expense ... one I am willing to spend for the love and happiness they bring me.

Green - It took a week for THAT cat to decide the puppy was here to stay and he was going to have to make do. Now they get along very well, although at times I do worry for Pixie because Honey will drag him around by the scruff of the neck. But Pixie does now when he has had enough, either the claws come out, or Pixie will jump to the back of the sofa or a high surface.

My other cat is still a little nervous about Honey. It took almost a month for her to feel comfortable coming out of hiding and walking down the stairs. (Upstairs was safe because when I first got Honey she could not navigate stairs.) Now she (the cat) will wander down or sit on the 4th step but is always careful of where Honey is. The moment Honey starts bouncing around the house Cassie will disappear upstairs again.

Honey is slowly learning that not ALL cats are playthings. And as Honey ages, and the bounce slowly begins to fade, hopefully Cassie will feel as comfortable with Honey as she did with my old dog.

No new posts 04-12-2011 13:36 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Honey seems to be getting curlier as she gets older.

No new posts 04-12-2011 16:52 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
Honey seems to be getting curlier as she gets older.

The first pictures I took were when she was 3 months old, I call that her puppy fur it was very soft and fluffy. That has been falling out and a longer, courser and curlier fur has been growing in. I suspect that is her adult coat.

Now it is entirely possible, that what I am calling a puppy coat is Honey's undercoat. I am also trying to decide if she needs to be trimmed and groomed, something I have never had to consider with a dog before.

No new posts 04-12-2011 17:39 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Aww, Buster is such a cute little Santa, Springie!

That is a plus with dogs -they'll wear things that cats won't tolerate.

Though my old cat, in his later years when his kidneys weren't great (and he would drink a lot of water... with predictable results) needed "rest stops" during road trips so I had a little harness for him (actually intended for small dogs) that I could attach a leash to and he'd tolerate wearing it. So, there I'd be, at a highway rest stop or at a gas station, wandering around amidst the shrubs with my cat, on his leash, waiting for him to select something to pee on...

I used to get amused looks from people!

No new posts 04-12-2011 19:27 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: