Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »The Book Nook » Book Recommendation for Romance lovers and writers
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Book Recommendation for Romance lovers and writers
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Book Recommendation for Romance lovers and writers Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

You may have noticed my propensity for writing romance. I'll also happily admit to being an avid romance novel reader.

For Christmas my best friend gave me a terrfic book - Beyond Heaving Bosoms

This book is written by the two women responsible for the Smart Bitches blog (a great blog BTW) who are also romance fans.

It looks at the difference between older and newer genre romance novels, looking not only at plot, but also how heroes and heroines have evolved and all of the chiches involved.

I thoroughly recommend this book for anybody who wants to write romance or those who just enjoy reading

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 29-12-2010 01:13 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Pufles65 Pufles65 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-06-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I for one love romance novels and appreciate your recommendation, especially since it might help in writing some of my fics. Thanks so much. Animeflower Animeclap

No new posts 29-12-2010 03:36 Pufles65 is offline Send an Email to Pufles65 Search for Posts by Pufles65 Add Pufles65 to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks a lot for your recommendation, Maddy! The book's contents seem already very interesting, even by your short description!

No new posts 29-12-2010 08:39 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: