Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 101 – The Sniper Group Heavy Cobra
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 101 – The Sniper Group Heavy Cobra
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for another great recap, TJ!

I liked this episode in both shows.

As for the frequency thing, reaching back to my high school physics class (I studied like hell to barely pass the damn class), a frequency is just the timing of a cycle in this case a wave transmission. Now for speculation, so I could be wrong, but while some type of receiver would be needed, in many cases it would need to be a bit more sophisticated than just a radio antenna. Think the way WiFi works, that is frequency based, I believe.

Could Galactor have proper type of equipment to capture this, obviously they did. Would the average person, not likely.
.0412368+7

Sorry no, those numbers have nothing to do with frequencies or discussion. My dog decided to step on the keyboard when I paused mid-message to play keep-away -- my daughter and I trying to keep a tennis ball or two away from the dog.

No new posts 09-11-2010 05:12 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
This is one of my favorite eps for obvious reasons...but I also love the interaction between Joe and Ken in this ep... thumbsup2

iagree I like to think that, behind the brawl, there's Joe wanting to show, or better, make Ken think that he's one hundred percent okay, and there's Ken trying to make the old Joe reemerge in order for him (that is Ken) to stop worrying about his friend, being quite sure that there was something wrong about him. It's quite reassuring seeing a person, whom you care about, being himself/herself again, especially if showing signs of unhealthiness! This also transpires from Ken's and Jun's facial expressions at the end of the episode ... although Ken was angry about Joe's behaviour, at the end his face turned serene as if he were reliefed to see Joe at his best again! He just didn't know that that kind of joy was going to be short-lived!

No new posts 09-11-2010 12:20 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
On the other hand, they had no way of knowing when they'd land or if the goons would hear them. I can just see Ken and June looking at each other and thinking how they couldn't risk it.

That would be quite amusing ... that is, seeing the expressions on Ken's and Jun's faces! And, my fingers are itching to type how the first two problems you've mentioned could be solved, UW!!! ... but, I'm just going to be a good girl ... no poking!!

No new posts 09-11-2010 12:35 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

But really, if Ken and Jun were *that* tempted they'd find other places that were less risky... like the Snack! Or Ken's airfield!

Marie, you make a good point about Ken being 'relieved' at the end of the episode, and therefore letting Joe's 'disobedience' slide. Although I always thought it was more that Joe had just saved them, and therefore his presence had been appreciated. Perhaps ti's a mix of both.

I do love in the BOTP version how Princess seems to be so impressed with 'Hero Jason' and Mark isn't liking that so much... Wink

No new posts 09-11-2010 13:52 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
PalyNerd PalyNerd is a Female

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-07-2010

spacer

This is one of my favourite episodes. I havent watched the BotP version but enjoyed reading the recap. I dont have to put up with so much zark that way!

No new posts 09-11-2010 23:06 PalyNerd is offline Send an Email to PalyNerd Search for Posts by PalyNerd Add PalyNerd to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I hear you, Palynerd! Somehow, written Zark isn't nearly so obnoxious as visual Zark. 7zark7

No new posts 10-11-2010 02:05 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Lol even my 4 yo isnt keen on him. His suggestion was for G-force to throw the "robot" in the bin and shoot it with a bird missile!

No new posts 10-11-2010 03:56 PalyNerd is offline Send an Email to PalyNerd Search for Posts by PalyNerd Add PalyNerd to your Buddy List
Mad Katharine Mad Katharine is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-04-2010

spacer

Ah, this ep is one of my all-time favorites. The colors are darker, the action is meatier, and the subject matter is sneaking up to something tragically drastic and we viewers don't have a clue that it's coming. Truly, the end of Hebi-Cobra makes you think that everything's okay.

TJ did quote:

quote:
It seems like a swamp would be in an area too warm for a parka, but there you go.

I'd wondered about Joe wearing a parka in a swamp before too. Although, if the action is taking place in a bog-land or fen marsh somewhere in the northern hemisphere, then yeah, it might be just a smidge cold...maybe not enough for a fur-lined parka, but chilly still. The one thing that always gets me is how Joe can handle the G2 and the bolt-action rifle at the same time. Seriously, how? Steer with one hand, and shift-ratchet bolt-aim-fire-downshift with the other? What's he supporting the rifle against when he does rack the bolt? Or is he steering with his knees, the way everyone else on the planet does when they're drinking coffee and texting their friends while driving in the morning commute? That's some fine shootin' there, cowboy. :cool: Next time, use the Ruger SR-556. It's much easier. Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mad Katharine on 10-11-2010 at 04:49.
No new posts 10-11-2010 04:47 Mad Katharine is offline Send an Email to Mad Katharine Search for Posts by Mad Katharine Add Mad Katharine to your Buddy List

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes I wondered about the gun as well when I saw it but know next to nothing about guns. I was thinking it was a bit low tech compared with all the other stuff in the show

No new posts 10-11-2010 07:03 PalyNerd is offline Send an Email to PalyNerd Search for Posts by PalyNerd Add PalyNerd to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Well he couldn't use his regular gun, because Ken had it. (and Ken broke it, I might add Wink )

Come on, this is the Condor ! The best driver and marksman in existence! He could drive with both hands and shoot with his nose, if he wanted! Shoot with both hands and drive with a foot! Nothing's too difficult for Joe.... ROFL 2

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 10-11-2010 at 15:03.
No new posts 10-11-2010 15:02 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Mad Katharine Mad Katharine is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-04-2010

spacer

Ah, that's too complicated when you're trying to snipe a horde of Gallactor goons going about 160 mph in a swamp/bog/wetland of indeterminate latitude. Bolt-action rifles are great for long-range targets from a stable rest. That situation was anything but stable. Wink

No new posts 11-11-2010 04:22 Mad Katharine is offline Send an Email to Mad Katharine Search for Posts by Mad Katharine Add Mad Katharine to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Couldn't resist!

No new posts 11-11-2010 20:20 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Not to mention the way Joe is clearly enjoying himself as he takes out Heavy Cobra all by himself! Wink

Winknudge Now that's some innuendo there!

Great recap!

This episode is one of my favourites too. Watching Joe have one great day (especially as it doesn't start so well) is very moving, knowing what's coming...

I'm not so fond of how the BOTP version has Jason being kind of whiny about always being #2 (and Zark commenting on his bad attitude). I guess some part of me would like to see Jason punch Mark! Laugh1

Regarding the bruises on Mark and Jason, if I'd been a BOTP writer I probably would have felt compelled to explain them somehow -even if was just giving Keyop a line like "Win the rugby game?"

No new posts 11-11-2010 20:52 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

LB, I love your cartoon! I'm never going to see that song again the same way...

Hey, maybe he should have Princess and Keyop dancing on the monitors on the upper right of the pictures... Wink

I didn't even think of the innuendo in that line! Honest! Doh2

I agree, it's wonderful to see Joe having so much fun and not being bothered by the lights... I think this was a tease on Tatsunoko's part, to make you think that Joe's troubles were over. But as we know with hindsight, they certainly are not...

There are definitely a couple of times I would have liked to see Jason tell off Mark (and even more, Zark) on screen!

No new posts 11-11-2010 21:03 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

I didn't even think of the innuendo in that line! Honest! Doh2

It must have been subconscious, then. ;-)

No new posts 13-11-2010 05:28 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I don't think this is the first time Jason's whined about being #2, but I just can't remember which episode it was.

No new posts 14-11-2010 01:26 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Magnetic Attraction maybe?

It's interesting that although Joe sometimes complains about or criticizes Ken's decisions, he never says that he wants to be the leader in his stead.

No new posts 14-11-2010 16:15 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I don't think Jason (or Joe) would really like being Leader. It's too much responsibility to take on... Condors work best when they're responsible for themselves. Wink

No new posts 14-11-2010 17:41 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Dirk Daring

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

At least BotP's run ended with a somewhat more conclusive episode than "G-Force" did. Though I much prefer Peewee somberly staring into the sunset while one of Dean Andre's few non-backbeat music pieces playing in the background than another end of episode wrap-up by "good old reliable Zark"!!! Could be worse.....they could've ended it with a "Ready Room" sequence! *ba-dum-ching!

Heh, just kidding...I wonder how the BotP and G-Force production teams would've handled the last four Gatchaman episodes. I remember reading on one of the Gatch fansites how Zark would have his hands full coming up with voice-over explanations before jumping into the lava pit meant for Katse! I think the G-Force writers would be put up against a wall too; they might've lead Katse's suicide (sans the scenes of his body bouncing off the rock and into the lava) slide, but they would've definitely cut out the death of Red Impulse's lackeys (death via firearms was a no-no throughout "G-Force"), and the scenes with Joe and Katse....chop suey. And then Joe's death being covered up with a voiceover from Ace saying that he's recovering in a hospital (they did it near the end of Episode 20 a.k.a the puppy episode, WHILE DIRK WAS STILL IN THE SHIP OFF-SCREEN! Yeah, sometimes the production was sloppy).......yeah, think it was best that they skipped those eps. BotP's producers may have done so intentionally, but I believe with "G-Force" they were only interested in dubbing 85 episodes from the start, and they had a short time (about 3 months according to Dean Andre) to do so.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dirk Daring on 23-11-2010 at 04:23.
No new posts 23-11-2010 04:14
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer

quote:
I remember reading on one of the Gatch fansites how Zark would have his hands full coming up with voice-over explanations before jumping into the lava pit meant for Katse!

Oh shit, Dirk! That had me rolling all over the floor laughing!

No new posts 23-11-2010 07:37 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: