Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Facial Hair... yay or nay?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Facial Hair... yay or nay?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Facial Hair... yay or nay? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Someone suggested to me that since we spent so much time taking off Dr. Nambu's facial hair, how about we try it on some of the otehr characters?

I didn't have to work too hard for Joe: Tatsunoko did it for me! Joe with a Red Impulse mustache.

I don't think this improves Ken too much... makes him look slimy...

What do you think for this guy? Does it make him more approachable?

Okay, I know my Photoshopping sucks. Let's see someone do a better job! Poke

No new posts 20-10-2010 00:29 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

pound
OMG...NAY!! Nay!! And Zark is gonna give me nightmares! Oh wait, he already does without the mustache!

You've given me some makeover ideas, though...mwahahahahaa...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 20-10-2010 at 00:42.
No new posts 20-10-2010 00:40 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

OOPS! Double post!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 20-10-2010 at 00:42.
No new posts 20-10-2010 00:41 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh goody! Ideas!!!!! Animeparty

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 20-10-2010 at 00:43.
No new posts 20-10-2010 00:42 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Ken doesn't really have a 'moustache' face.

Joe might be able to handle the right sort of facial hair. Just not sure what it could be.

No new posts 20-10-2010 00:49 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

I won't be much help because I prefer most men without. There are very few men that I think look better with and those are the ones that I'm so used to seeing them with it that they look weird without it (yeah, Nambu falls into that category).

However, I do also see the benefit of it for men. A man with a baby-face can make himself look older, or at least his age by adding a bit (most likely one of the reasons that Joe used it in his disguise). BTW -- Anyone watching the NLCS? Buster Posey looks like he should still be in high school, but I wouldn't put facial hair on him, right now they young look works for him; makes it easy to underestimate the rookie.

No new posts 20-10-2010 02:57 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

LOL Zark needs sideburns too!

There's an episode of Gatch F where Ken is blonde and Joe has a huge beard.

Ken definitely doesn't look right in that pic with a moustache though. Too young a face, I think. Would anyone care to stick a moustache on OAV Ken? I wonder how much difference the shorter hair would make?

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 20-10-2010 07:25 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Great idea, TJ -I see you've started the fun! I will do some photoshopping soon...

quote:
Originally posted by meridianday

There's an episode of Gatch F where Ken is blonde and Joe has a huge beard.

Ooh, found it -Gatch F, ep. 34. I'd forgotten all about this one when we were saying that character in ep. 96 looked like a blond Ken. It's a great episode for a discussion of facial hair though, as Joe and Ryu both have some.

No new posts 20-10-2010 08:11 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Seeing these pics, I agree with UW that Joe could handle the right type of facial hair!! Ken is a complete "NO", and Zark ... no comment, although I ROFL 2 seeing that pic of his, with the moustache, you've made, TJ!

Great find of ep. 34 of Gatch F, LB! ... I've completely forgotten about it, also! Strange thing, but even Ryu seems to handle well that beard!

I've never been able to use Photoshop, so I'm eager to see more pics! Could there be any chance to see one of our ladies with a beard!!! ... you know, maybe because she has to work undercover in a circus as "The Lady with the Beard"!!! TJ ... I'll let Sylvie Pandora in your hands Poke!!

No new posts 20-10-2010 09:33 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Uh... no..... No Pandora facial hair pics.... ROFL 2

Oh... okay...

The Zark pic was done in about 3 seconds. I cut a mustache of Nambu's out of a pic and dropped it onto Zark! I figured that was the amount of effort Zark was worth. Wink

Thanks for the Gatch F pics, LB! I had forgotten about those as well, although I had considered putting a beard on 'Farmer Ken' from a different Gatch F episode.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 20-10-2010 at 16:25.
No new posts 20-10-2010 14:57 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I think I would put that mustache UNDER the 6 lights on the Zark picture. About where he is rubbing.

I know I am putting too much thought into that picture. It is bad enough seeing Zark, let alone trying to decide how to make it look less ridiculous.

TJ, the picture you show of Ken with a mustache IS wrong, I suspect though it maybe the picture you choose though. I could be wrong though since in the first series he is so "baby-ish" looking. In the second and third series Ken has hardened and it may look better on him. *shrug*

No new posts 20-10-2010 16:58 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I know my pictures aren't that great, CD! They were designed to get others to do better, certainly not to showcase my own (lack of) talent! Feel free to improve.... Poke

No new posts 20-10-2010 17:02 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

If I had photoshop, I might try, if I could find the time.

If I get pokes then I guess I will have to stop critic-ing your pictures. Wink

No new posts 20-10-2010 17:04 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Feel free! I know they're pretty lame... Wink

No new posts 20-10-2010 17:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Thanks for the Pandora one, TJ!Rofl Such a neat find, that of her looking into her compact!

No new posts 20-10-2010 18:49 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-12-2002

spacer

well, it definitely makes him look older.

No new posts 20-10-2010 19:37 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Did some experimenting with Joe (and a lazy-ass job of blending the changes into the background!).

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 20-10-2010 at 19:56.
No new posts 20-10-2010 19:46 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Okay,. there's just something *wrong* with the short hair. Almost like his face is too 'tough' for the rest of him? I don't know...

The one with the full beard... he's reminding me of a young Obi-Wan! ROFL 2

No new posts 20-10-2010 19:56 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lyon
well, it definitely makes him look older.

And rather sinister. In a Star-Trek-like parallel universe, this could be Ken's evil counterpart. Definitely an edgier look for the Eagle.

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

Uh... no..... No Pandora facial hair pics....

Oh... okay...

Laugh2 You are evil!

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

Okay,. there's just something *wrong* with the short hair. Almost like his face is too 'tough' for the rest of him? I don't know...

The one with the full beard... he's reminding me of a young Obi-Wan!

Jedi Joe? You could be on to something there...

I agree that the long hair does soften up the angularity and harshness of Joe's features -he really looks different when it's gone.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 20-10-2010 at 20:19.
No new posts 20-10-2010 20:18 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Okay, Obi Wan Joe. I think he looks a bit more "biblical" than "Star Wars." I should have used a pic with a light saber...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 20-10-2010 at 20:46.
No new posts 20-10-2010 20:45 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: