Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »The World on the Web » Single Ladies......
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Single Ladies......
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Single Ladies...... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

One of the stranger covers...

Australian Blue Grass band "The Pigs" covering Beyonce's song "Single Ladies" - complete with line dancers....

All The Single Ladies...

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 15-09-2010 11:03 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Seriously one of the funniest things ever....

No new posts 15-09-2010 11:07 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Wow... it actually works pretty well as a bluegrass song -I never would have expected that! Laugh1

No new posts 15-09-2010 15:51 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

This is the first time I've come to the knowledge of what a "bluegrass song" means! ... I had to make a search! I didn't know there were these kind of variations in country music! And, I too think that Beyonce's song works surprisingly well for this type of music! Thanks for sharing, Maddy! ... it was so enjoyable to hear and watch!

No new posts 15-09-2010 16:22 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Marie, there are almost as many variations in country music as there are in Rock. Or at least there used to be. Too much of it, in the US at least, sounds too much like the bubble gum rock of the 1980's. However, some of it does sound like the southern rock of the 1970's.

No new posts 15-09-2010 17:07 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

And, to say, that, in my ignorance, I thought there was only one style of country music, under one name ... the type sung by Dolly Parton, etc! I do like to hear country music, at times, though ... what I like most of this style, apart from the unique rythm, are the lyrics of the songs, and the complete stories these songs narrate from their beginning to the end!

No new posts 15-09-2010 18:51 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
And, to say, that, in my ignorance, I thought there was only one style of country music, under one name ... the type sung by Dolly Parton, etc! I do like to hear country music, at times, though ... what I like most of this style, apart from the unique rythm, are the lyrics of the songs, and the complete stories these songs narrate from their beginning to the end!

No, no, no! There's two kinds: Country and Western. Wink

No new posts 15-09-2010 19:58 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

And the ultimate origin, at least of the 'bluegrass' sound, is Ireland. A lot of Irish and Scots settled in the Southern United States, and their ballads and other musical forms were the roots of bluegrass and country music.

Over the years, country music has gone through its phases. Many people think of the early days of country music when they hear the term, even those who listened to Johnny Cash (who crossed the lines to become popular with people who don't listen to country music). There seems to be enough of an overlap with Western music to form the mixed genre 'Country-Western', although I could be wrong (since I don't listen to either one unless it's playing on someone's radio).

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by UnpublishedWriter on 15-09-2010 at 23:57.
No new posts 15-09-2010 23:57 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
No, no, no! There's two kinds: Country and Western. Wink

I'm scratching my head now!! I've always thought that the terms "Country" and "Western" were synonyms, unless they were supposed to be different, originally, and now they aren't!! But, thanks to UW's explanation, I think I can now understand where my confusion has come from!

No new posts 16-09-2010 05:01 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Actually, it's an old joke. I know it from The Blues Brothers but I do believe it is older than that.

They walk into a honky tonk and ask the waitress what kind of music is played, and she replies "We have both kinds here, Country and Western."

When I think of the origins, if we want to split Country and Western, I think of Country as descending from Gospel, Blues, and Bluegrass. It shares a similar ancestry as Rock and Roll, but went in different directions (or one evolved slower; about 20 years seems to be the average). Western on the other hand, I think of pioneers and rodeos.

FYI -- I grew up listening to everything from Glen Miller to Nat King Cole to Elvis to Neil Diamond to Waylon Jennings. The first Rock artist that I heard who wasn't a decade old was John Cougar -- He wasn't using the Mellencamp at the time except for writing credits.

No new posts 16-09-2010 05:28 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: