Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[The Latest News] »Announcements! » Site Open - News!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Site Open - News!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Shocked Site Open - News! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone, finally I think the site is working as it should be.

However every now and again the site appears to drop of the face of the earth. At least for me.

So far though over the last 2 hours I have been able to work away with no problems cropping up.

So feel free to jump on the site and carry on as usual.

However please be aware that there does still seem to be a problem with the site and that not everything may work since the change of servers.

Attachments are not currently working at the moment either.

I would seriously suggest you log off the site, clear your cookies and then log back in using a fresh browser.

Let me know if you find any problems!

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 07-08-2010 23:12 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yes - I found logging off and staring a new browser session worked well for me.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 08-08-2010 01:38 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Cep, when I use teh Quick Reply, I get the following error:

SQL-DATABASE ERROR

But it does actually post the reply - looks like it;s the script to bring you back to the thread that is playing up.

It also happens when you use the fully reply.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Madilayn on 08-08-2010 at 01:41.
No new posts 08-08-2010 01:40 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Garnet Garnet is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-03-2010

spacer

Okay. My avatar isn't showing up. It's the same one I had before, but when I check on it and make sure it's selected, it says that it's too big. I don't get it.

No new posts 08-08-2010 02:06 Garnet is offline Send an Email to Garnet Search for Posts by Garnet Add Garnet to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, It just made a lier out of me.Smile

No new posts 08-08-2010 02:07 Garnet is offline Send an Email to Garnet Search for Posts by Garnet Add Garnet to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

Garnet - I am having the same issue... Maybe we have to post something for it to work?

No new posts 08-08-2010 02:44 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

And yup - if you post something, your avatar comes back.... coolies!

No new posts 08-08-2010 02:44 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

So far so good for me! Thanks so much for getting things back up, Cep!

I'm just wondering... should I keep the temporary site open, in anticipation of another server move, or should I shut it down?

No new posts 08-08-2010 03:16 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

Maybe keep it open becaue when Cep does do the changes to the database/library there will probably be another site closure as well.

No new posts 08-08-2010 03:43 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer

Thank you, Cep and TJ!!!

Animeclap Animeclap Animeclap

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

No new posts 08-08-2010 04:23 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

ITA...thanks Cep and TJ for keeping the site going! thumbsup2

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 08-08-2010 04:34 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Woohoo!!!!

Home again!

Thankee Cep.....

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 08-08-2010 05:30 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer

First -Cep, you don't have to fix this if you don't need to. You're doing plenty. I'm just mentioning this in case it winds up being part of a larger problem.

When I go onto the Portal page my avatar pic doesn't show up. And this would be after logging out and following all the steps you so kindly listed above.

Again, don't worry about this if you don't have to. I can live without my avatar on the Portal page.

Thank you for listening.

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

No new posts 08-08-2010 09:04 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

And here I'd been at Crescent Temp for the last few minutes.

No new posts 08-08-2010 10:11 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

So far so good for me, Cep! Everything has worked as usual! Thanks again for everything!

No new posts 08-08-2010 10:24 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

OK I shall make a list of currently known issues

- Avatar is missing on portal Tick
- Attachments do not work X
- Issue with missing rank (Seems to be Maddy only) Tick
- Board drops off now and again (session issue) X

New list here,

http://www.gatchamania.net/thread.php?threadid=3282&sid=

No new posts 08-08-2010 11:15 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

Ok I believe I have fixed your issue Madilayn. You may need to clear your cookies and try a fresh browser again. Let me know!

No new posts 08-08-2010 11:20 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

Thank you for the Crescent Base site TJ, I believe it should remain open. Its pretty handv Needhug

No new posts 08-08-2010 11:21 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
GatchaFreak

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm having the exact problem as Candi. My avatar is on my posts but not the portal

No new posts 08-08-2010 11:22 Garnet is offline Send an Email to Garnet Search for Posts by Garnet Add Garnet to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

No new posts 08-08-2010 11:38 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: