Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[The Latest News] »Announcements! » Important Site News!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Important Site News!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Man, I work from home and have the time -I wish I had the knowledge to help transfer stuff from old site to new. Sorry.

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

No new posts 19-07-2010 20:56 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've just returned from a 4-day vacation and I've found this news! This is all so exciting! The site was already great and very user-friendly, IMO, thus, I'm sure the new one will be much more awesome and will surely remain the number one Gatchaman site!

I join all the others in thanking Cep and Katse for all their work and funds involved in this site, which has become a fundamental part of our world! I wish I could be of some help in some way!

An option I like in the Main Page is that of being able to see the threads which were active during a specific amount of days, or weeks, during which one could have been absent or a certain thread, in which there could be an interest, could have been posted. This always makes it easier to catch up with the activity.

Moreover, I find that all past contributions in threads have played a major part in moulding up this site, including all the threads already mentioned, such as the "Episode of the Week", "The Artist's Palette", etc! I literally put my whole trust into Cep's hands because I know he'll do anything to keep the site's integrity!

Looking forward to log in after the one-week break and discover, and get accustomed to, the new features! Thanks for everything, Cep!

No new posts 20-07-2010 07:07 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Come to think of it, it's nice to look down the right side and see if some of the people you know are online. I don't know if that'll be possible to keep.

No new posts 20-07-2010 07:56 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Cep you have done a wonderful job of helping us and managing this place.

Look forward to what you bring with the new site and hope the week its down flies by

No new posts 25-07-2010 11:54 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
nuni nuni is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-09-2009

spacer

Cep, just also wanted to add my voice to how much your hard work is appreciated. This is a great site and I always enjoy visiting here. It's really opened up a whole new world of Gatch-love for me (and I thought I was the only one for so long!)

I'm sure your improvements will be fantastic. Looking forward to it.

P.S. Hope you keep the emoticons Wink2

No new posts 25-07-2010 14:53 nuni is offline Send an Email to nuni Search for Posts by nuni Add nuni to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Cep -I was just reminded of something I wanted to ask.

On the new site, will it be possible to search individual threads for members/subjects/words & word combos?

Right now the only way I know to search is flipping back two pages at a time. Which in certain threads, can take forever.

Thank you for listening.

No new posts 29-07-2010 07:19 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Cep
- Initially you will be able to:
-- Login, Log out
-- View and edit your profile
-- Post, Reply, Edit on Threads
-- Search boards, threads and posts

Yes that's right. Wave3

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 29-07-2010 12:51 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

Cep, I think what Candi was asking - will the search function be easier to use? It was a question that came from my dilemma of trying to find some info in a thread that is now over 300 pages... I know it is at roughly the 220 page mark, but we can't search a base page and then go from there. And when I tried to use the actual search function it wasn't particularly helpful...

No new posts 29-07-2010 18:57 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Initially the functionality will be very basic but should still provide better functionality then is present on the site at the moment. The current problem with the search feature on this site is that is relies on indexing on a regular basis manually.

Something I don't do too often. Ghost1

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 29-07-2010 19:47 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks, Cep! And thank you Green for clarifying for me.

No new posts 29-07-2010 21:11 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
« previous  1  2  [3]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: