Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Gatchamaniacs - Please Assemble and Read
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchamaniacs - Please Assemble and Read
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Gatchamaniacs - Please Assemble and Read Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

<Hino quietly walks through the side door of the room, and just as quietly transmutes into the Female Eagle. She then walks up to the podium and turns the microphone on.>

Hello, Gatchamaniacs, and thank you for coming into this thread. I have been witnessing some of the discord occurring on Gatchamania recently, and wanted to bring this issue to the forefront.

I have been watching and reading quietly from the sidelines the issues that have risen here, as I’m sure other have as well. I would like to remind each one of us that we are all individuals here, and by the very nature of being an individual, we all have different thoughts, feelings, and opinions, which may or may not be in agreement with others. These differences of opinion are fine and expected, and is what makes the world go round. If we all thought the same, then the world would be a very boring place.

As a community on this board, we’ve always prided ourselves in the fact that we are very open to others thoughts and feelings on a variety of subjects. It seems that objective may be getting clouded. I just want to remind all of us that different thoughts and feelings is also what makes this fandom go round. Think of all the wonderful conversations, not to mention fandom enlightenment, we’ve had on this board by listening and accepting what others have thought on a variety of subjects. Although we may not always have agreed with some of the opinions, they definitely made us think and consider them, and in many cases, made us more knowledgeable and open-minded on the subject.

When a subject or idea becomes a bone of contention, we need to agree to disagree. You can and should express your thoughts, whether they be positive or negative, and all of us should accept those feelings and beliefs and continue on. I’d hate to see this board fall apart, or have people be afraid to post and be part of our conversations, due to fear of adversarial actions and/or reactions.

If there is a thread or idea that you personally find objectionable, but is not libel or otherwise harmful, don’t read it or continue to read it. If someone posts a comment that may not reflect your own personal opinion, don’t lambaste them. Explain your side, tell them you understand their opinion and thank them for it, then move on. Additional people don’t need to “jump on the bandwagon” (in either case) and continue to escalate the issue. Just accept it and continue on with the original subject.

The bottomline is that we all love and enjoy the same fandom. That’s what brought us all together. We’re a fandom family. And just like a real family, we won’t always agree with each other - and that’s ok. It’s how we respond and our actions beyond that that is the most important thing in keeping this board and the fandom alive. And isn’t the love, and sharing of that love, of Gatchaman what brought us here in the first place?

I would like to thank you all again for coming to this thread and reading this post through. I realize that I may have overstepped a boundary, but I felt this was something that needed to be said, and something everyone needed to hear. Cep, I especially apologize to you if I overstepped. Not my intention, but like I said, I thought this was important.

This will also be my first and last post on the subject.

Gatchamaniacs, dismissed. Smile

<The Female Eagle leaves the podium and returns to the side of the room. She quietly detransmutes back to her civilian self, and Hino slips out unseen.

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 22-04-2010 22:50 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Your safe Wink

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 22-04-2010 23:06 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hino- Hugs! I agree with everything your saying there. There are times people don't agree, its gonna happen and in the past we've all been able to handle it well. Thanks for stepping up and sharing your feelings and how you see the board and why you stay. Maybe I've become a bit complacent since I've been here for a few years.

No new posts 22-04-2010 23:09 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Thanks, Hino.

I appreciate your words ... and agree with you.

Thank you again.

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 22-04-2010 23:13 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Well said, Hino!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 22-04-2010 23:35 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Hino, thank you for your honesty. We are like a family and families have their differences, but they work them out, just as we do.

No new posts 22-04-2010 23:40 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Hino, I appreciate the thought behind everything you said. I too hope that we can all move past this and keep Gatchamania as the fun place we know and love.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 22-04-2010 at 23:58.
No new posts 22-04-2010 23:57 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Hear, hear, Hino. Well said.

No new posts 23-04-2010 01:58 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-12-2002

spacer

/tilts head

i have no idea what's going on, but whatever it is, i agree with them. but not the other them, with the other opinions. once i find out what IS going on though, i'll have an opinion about it too and then i will be excited to share it.

as long as we're cool with that.

No new posts 23-04-2010 03:12 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lyon
/tilts head

i have no idea what's going on, but whatever it is, i agree with them. but not the other them, with the other opinions. once i find out what IS going on though, i'll have an opinion about it too and then i will be excited to share it.

as long as we're cool with that.

As long as it doesn't become them vs them Wink

No new posts 23-04-2010 03:37 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-12-2002

spacer

spy vs spy.

/ninjasneaks

No new posts 23-04-2010 04:35 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Hino ... thanks ... yours are great words! I've read this thread first thing before continuing reading the others which have been posted in the past two days (speaking the truth, I don't know if I wish to read some of them this early). I too did not, and don't want, to comment on the subject. I, myself, think that each and every person in this world has his/her own opinion and we have the obligation to respect such ... at least if it's not harmful in any way.

I only wish to share some of my views this time and hope I'm not offending anyone. Thank you Hino for giving me this opportunity in this thread.

To be honest, I've enough RL problems to ponder upon than working my brain over misunderstandings and POV issues. That's why these last few days I've opted to skip some messages and threads in this site ... and to speak the very exact truth, I also wasn't so eager to enter the site as usual as I've been finding a rather different atmosphere than that to which I was used to and which has attracted me in the first place. These last few days I actually felt the need to be the Gatchaman fan I always was in the past, that is a loner! Lately, I'm not feeling the true Gatchaman nature here. I don't know if I'm explaining myself well but I feel that the focus is not being made on the original series, it's characters, and why we were hooked by it in the first place. I'm seeing different characters and issues that are overpowering my ... our ... love for Gatchaman! At least that's from my own point of view. I'm also slowly losing that muse that was rising in me to create works, being drawings or writings, with regards to this subject. For a short time, this place had not been the happy go lucky place it used to be ... I also am feeling stressed out not finding time, from the very restricted one I have, to read fics and view other constructive material just because I have to read tons of, may I say, sometimes futile messages which I feel to have to in order to keep in touch and in line with what is going on.

Just another small point and I'm out ... as long as I can remember from the day I've joined this site, there wasn't any type of competition here and I hope there won't be any in the future. Everyone did what he/she wanted because he/she liked it and had fun, and acquired great satisfaction from it. And there are great people here who continuously contribute to push hesitant people to show what they could offer ... and these I thank with all my heart. I'm the first one, when it comes to writing, that cannot compare myself to any of you due to the language barrier ... but I don't feel intimidated. I do feel an outsider, sometimes, but as I said, I do what I do because I like it, no matter the outcome ... it's my own satisfaction that counts, and the knowledge that I can share my previously secluded thoughts with others.

Please, let us not change the atmosphere of this site. Let's only base on constructive critisism when required, and as Hino said, if one does not like what he/she's reading or seeing, just skip that and move to the other one.

Sorry again if I may have been hard or offended someone and hope everything returns to normal. I'm a person who usually keeps what she thinks to herself but I needed to spit out what has been bothering me lately. I don't wish to lose the wonderful friends I managed to make here just because I decide not to peep in any more.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gatchamarie on 23-04-2010 at 08:48.
No new posts 23-04-2010 05:53 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: