Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Lets see those collections
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Lets see those collections
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ken-Joe Ken-Joe is a Male
Former Lurker

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-03-2010

spacer
Lets see those collections Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

OK part of the fun of Gatchaman is the collecting. I for one am just starting my collection even though I've loved Gatchaman for a long time. I'd love to see other peoples collections so let see some pics and as my collection grows I'll put some pics up as well.

No new posts 01-04-2010 17:09 Ken-Joe is offline Send an Email to Ken-Joe Search for Posts by Ken-Joe Add Ken-Joe to your Buddy List
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'll post some of my stuff:

No new posts 02-04-2010 02:09 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
WadeInLincoln WadeInLincoln is a Male

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-03-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

My my gosh we got a Ninja Sctence Team member down!!!
Keyop fell while trying to represent the G-Force collection. His left arm has been completely torn from his body. (Thank goodness that Keyops are the cheapest to get) in an attempt to do their famous Science Ninja Technique.

Let this be a lesson. Careful out there.
Darn!!! I had him up there too. Just trying to arrange things and Spectra struck.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by WadeInLincoln on 02-04-2010 at 04:59.
No new posts 02-04-2010 03:56 WadeInLincoln is offline Send an Email to WadeInLincoln Search for Posts by WadeInLincoln Add WadeInLincoln to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Never fear fellow Gachamaniacs. Keyop will be arriving from a far-off secret hospital within days as inside sources have already confirmed this. Luckily his health insurance has kicked in and the total cost for for his untimely fall and his safe return home will be a grand total of $13.
Could have spent that on something else Crying5

No new posts 02-04-2010 05:27 WadeInLincoln is offline Send an Email to WadeInLincoln Search for Posts by WadeInLincoln Add WadeInLincoln to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Interesting... that's where the Keyop my kids were playing with broke his arm! And then CD came to my house and snapped off the Swan's leg... Ah, memories.... Wink

Basically, the Diamond action figures are not meant to be played with, which is sad. And yes, I made sure I got a second set for myself which don't get played with, to ensure that they remain in good condition. Big Grin

No new posts 02-04-2010 15:59 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Garnet Garnet is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-03-2010

spacer

I just got two of the figures last week and I put both of them safely in a cabinet still in their boxes. I wanted to take them out, but I knew the risk of damaging them was too great. I mangled a figure from another fandom a few years ago and never forgave myself. I'll have to be content to squint at them through the plastic.

Since I just got into this fandom, I've tried to quickly collect stuff. I've spent way too much money at amazon over the last two weeks, but I got some fun stuff. I'd take a picture, but my camera is with my kid and I'm not that good at uploading pictures anyway.

No new posts 02-04-2010 16:41 Garnet is offline Send an Email to Garnet Search for Posts by Garnet Add Garnet to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Unfortunately, collecting means keeping it all in the original packaging. Unbroken packaging, so you can't even take a quick peek.

Best time to buy is when it first comes out. Buy two: one for the collection, and one to display/read/watch/play with.

My collection consists entirely of the ADV DVDs, the Battle of the Planets Artbook, and Jason Hofius's G-Force Animated. No money for anything else.

And I'm not that obsessed.

Although I recently had to indulge in a birdie fix. Hadn't watched in a while.

No new posts 02-04-2010 21:13 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, there is that type of collecting but,
For me collecting Gatchaman is all about my happiness. This one is for me to enjoy. I had waited years to find this kind of stuff and until recently had given up hope. So forgive me for having a little fun.

Yes... very surprisingly the first wave of G-Force figures especially the Princess and Keyop have a very hard time with arm movement. Actually I thought it would have been Princess's arms that would have broken first... very tight arm joint. Keyops (I found out) have an extremely thin arm joint. The second wave of Joe/Tiny/Zoltar are actually a lot more sturdy and really built to play with (good news cuz Joe/Tiny are not cheep). And yes, I'm debating which Zoltar (2 heads or turtle king mecha) I want to still get.

Boys and their toys!!!
Told you I could do it
Welcome home Keyop!!!

No new posts 03-04-2010 20:55 WadeInLincoln is offline Send an Email to WadeInLincoln Search for Posts by WadeInLincoln Add WadeInLincoln to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

You have it in one!! Any collection or fandom should be about you having fun - if it's not then you do have to look at why you do it.

Great job, Wade, on the pyramid!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 03-04-2010 20:59 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Love the pyramid, Wade.

Realy the only reason I'm keeping my figures in their boxes is all the little parts. I'm notorious for losing small parts to anything, plus there's the risk of the cats carrying thing off.

No new posts 03-04-2010 21:14 Garnet is offline Send an Email to Garnet Search for Posts by Garnet Add Garnet to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I love the pyramid- Wade, we totally understand your excitement about the new toys! You're in the right place!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 03-04-2010 21:34 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I got all the small pieces and vechiles in a plastic zip-loc bag. You take it out. You better put it back or there will be words. And then everything sits in a box next to the TV and Gatchaman DVDs so we are all ready to go watch and play. Been seeing some of those BotP lunch boxes on eBay ( 1 mint condition with Thermos over $250 but there's like 2 or 3 scratched up ones for a 1/5 of the price) was thinking about keeping everything in there. We do have a nice display case but it is already full with many other action figures and memories. Need to re-organize once I get all this silliness out of my system.
Thanks all.

I have this friend who always asks me to come over. He likes to buy comics and other collectables but he never enjoys them. He buys stuff because it looks 'popular'. He basically has a basement full of stuff that he has simply done the 3 B's to... Buys, Bags, and than throws in a Box. Never to be seen, read, enjoyed. I guess I could understand if he ever would have any interest in selling some of his stuff.... but he doesn't. He doesn't want to sell it. He doesn't want to enjoy it. He just wants to have stuff but then refuses to learn anything about any of the items he picks up. So he always asks me to come over so he can show me his new additions, especially the comics.... I love a good comic book series. And EVERYTIME he will take the comic and put it in my hands. He will then ask me, "Have you read this one yet?" Which to me, is an invitation for me to read his copy. And EVERYTIME he freaks out as I go to open the cover.... "That's a never-been-read issue (and this and that), what do you think you are doing?!?!" You would think by now he would stop handing me the books. Like I am going to pass up on a good story..... plus it's fun to watch him freak out like that.

No new posts 04-04-2010 04:31 WadeInLincoln is offline Send an Email to WadeInLincoln Search for Posts by WadeInLincoln Add WadeInLincoln to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh, trust me, I'm reading my comics. I don't care what anyone says. Put a book I like in my hands and you bet I'm going to at least glance through it. I don't care that I always bend covers and that sort of thing either. If I'm gonna buy it, I'm going to certainly do what it takes to get it close enough to my face that I can see the pictures and read the words.

I'm still debating with myself about the figures. I have several from other fandoms that are out of boxes and some that are in. Most of the ones that are in are either second sets or ones that I really didn't care about but just ended up with through friends or whatever. I just don't know what I want to do with my BotP figures. Know that they are a little fragile makes me more reluctant to take them out, but, like someoe said, the ones I have are least expensive and easiest to replace. We'll see.Smile

No new posts 04-04-2010 10:09 Garnet is offline Send an Email to Garnet Search for Posts by Garnet Add Garnet to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

It would be so difficult to have birdies and not play with them...

No new posts 04-04-2010 10:23 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

iagree If I have the toys I need to play with them! If I have to have them in the box too, then they stay in the box and I have a second set.

FWIW, we saw a Keyop action figure for sale at the local Comic Convention yesterday, and thought you this thread. Wink

No new posts 04-04-2010 14:59 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: