Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Casshern Sins
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Casshern Sins
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Berg Katse Berg Katse is a Female
Pleather Goddess

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2001

spacer
Thumb Up! Casshern Sins Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Tatsunoko remade the original Casshern, completely revamping the story, and it was released between fall 2008-spring 2009, called Casshern Sins and totalling 24 episodes.

OMFG.

I cannot tell you how great this anime is. There are simply no words in the English language to describe it. If it were a novel, the themes it explores would have it included on a ton of university reading lists: philosophy, ethics and morality, religion, biology, robotics...

It is sad and tragic and extremely heavy. This is a purely adult anime. Everyone in the cast, in his or her own way, is a tragic hero, struggling in a tragic world. It's absolutely heart-wrenching to watch, because once you realize what Casshern truly symbolizes, you want him to succeed in his mission, though you really shouldn't because it is contrary to basic human nature (this may not make sense, but if you see it, it will).

If you loved Joe as that tragic, angsty hero desperate for a meaning and purpose to life, you'll eat Casshern alive (too late, I saw him first!). If you love a story with lots of character development and episodes of amazing poignancy, you can't miss this anime. It truly is one of my favorites.

Now go watch it!

Katse

No new posts 13-11-2009 21:09 Berg Katse is offline Send an Email to Berg Katse Homepage of Berg Katse Search for Posts by Berg Katse Add Berg Katse to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: Katse (d9yaa@unb.ca)
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I must watch this series! I so liked the original Casshern that I surely cannot miss this remake! I had the occasion to watch the movie "Casshern" though! It was so complicated and heavy that I have to rewatch it to understand it fully! Does this new series reflect the original aspect of the original one?

No new posts 14-11-2009 07:59 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

You've piqued my curiosity, Katse! I want to see it now!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 14-11-2009 13:35 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Berg Katse Berg Katse is a Female
Pleather Goddess

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2001

spacer

gatchamarie--instead of Casshern battling Braiking Boss, like in the original, in this version he is actual a subordinate to Braiking Boss. Braiking Boss has ordered him to assassinate the savior of mankind, thus dooming the Earth. The anime starts with Casshern suddenly appearing, but having no memory of what has happened.

Springie--get yourself a bittorrent client and head over to a bittorrent tracker (like http://www.mininova.org) and start downloading! You'll need 8 gigs of space on your harddrive for it to fit.

I want everyone to watch this anime! I need other people to share it's wonderfulness with!

Katse

No new posts 14-11-2009 16:03 Berg Katse is offline Send an Email to Berg Katse Homepage of Berg Katse Search for Posts by Berg Katse Add Berg Katse to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: Katse (d9yaa@unb.ca)
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

If you liked Casshern Sins, I'd recommend that you check out Tekkaman Blade. It has a similar darker edge to it, and I enjoyed it quite a bit when it was first airing. Unlike Casshern Sins, Tekkaman Blade has been released commercially here in the States, and can be easily ordered through places like Amazon.com.

James

No new posts 14-11-2009 16:53 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

It sure sounds interesting, though I think I'd have to watch it on the BF's (newer and more powerful) computer...

Or make myself wait a year.

"FUNimation Entertainment will release the first season of the series in two 12 episode sets fall 2010

http://www.funimation.com/casshernsins/

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 14-11-2009 at 17:58.
No new posts 14-11-2009 17:58 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Berg Katse
gatchamarie--instead of Casshern battling Braiking Boss, like in the original, in this version he is actual a subordinate to Braiking Boss. Braiking Boss has ordered him to assassinate the savior of mankind, thus dooming the Earth. The anime starts with Casshern suddenly appearing, but having no memory of what has happened.
Katse

That sounds quite interesting and certainly is a twist to the original story!

No new posts 14-11-2009 18:42 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

I've only seen the first 6 or so episodes fansubbed . It's definitely an interesting series (I'm kicking myself for dropping it so fast), but I'll be checking it out when Funi releases the official DVDs.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Cain Highwind on 18-11-2009 at 07:20.
No new posts 18-11-2009 07:15 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

I quite liked the movie in a nasty sort of way.

(its basicaly an excuse to beat a pathetic resurrected guy bloody.)

The OAVs did nothing for me, they were too unintentionaly funny.

No new posts 22-12-2009 10:19 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Katse ... finally, thanks to you, I've managed to watch the whole series of Casshern Sins (with Italian subs) which has intrigued me from the very beginning. AWESOME!

You were right ... the story has nothing to do with the original Casshern and OMG if it's bloody tragic and heavy, literally! You were also right in saying that it covers a lot of ethical, philosophical, religious, and an endless list of other aspects! My mind keeps whirling around even after I've seen it, asking a lot of whys, hows and whats! Even as you read along the lines, the characters' spoken words urge you to ponder upon them, associating them with the real life problems, struggles and phobias that all of us human beings have to endure in our own present and modern world! IMO, all the focus is on one question which I think we all ask ourselves and are continuously on the quest of finding an answer to it ... "Why do I exist and what's my purpose in this world?!" ... everyone needs to play a significant part on Earth.

Well, all in all, it was a lovely experience ... one of the best anime I've watched, from its art to its story. My heart has kept contracting all the way through the whole series but I so wished for a much more happy ending!

No new posts 10-02-2010 20:39 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ooh, sounds great! I definitely want to watch this, though I might wait till in comes out on DVD this fall.

No new posts 11-02-2010 03:55 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer

I've been interested in other Tatsunoko productions from playing TvsC so I'll probably check this out.

No new posts 11-02-2010 05:36 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

If you do have the opportunity to watch Casshern Sins, LB and John, I urge you to do so! You won't regret it for sure! Although the plot differs from the original Casshern, the new series has a strong story that supports it, using most of the original characters while, at the same time, attributing different purposes from those we know to them. Now I'm quite happy that I haven't followed the temptation of describing the whole story ... I would have spoiled the fun which you would surely want to discover yourself!

No new posts 11-02-2010 07:11 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
Now I'm quite happy that I haven't followed the temptation of describing the whole story ... I would have spoiled the fun which you would surely want to discover yourself!

I know very little about the original Casshern, so I'd be watching Casshern Sins with no preconceived notions.

I agree that a series has more impact if you don't know what's coming and are surprised by dramatic occurrences and plot twists!

No new posts 11-02-2010 15:43 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer

I'm new to the character as well. I might wait for the DVDs though.

I know this is an anime faux paus, but I prefer to watch my anime dubbed in English.

No new posts 11-02-2010 23:59 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by JohngPR

I know this is an anime faux paus, but I prefer to watch my anime dubbed in English.

As do many of us here. In the case of Gatchaman, I watch with dub and subs, but there I'm a lot more interested in the subs' more precise and literal translation and in the original actors' voices. All other anime, I pretty much listen only to the English dub.

No new posts 12-02-2010 01:24 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I prefer watching anime which are English or Italian dubbed in order to have the opportunity to focus more on the scenes and the characters' facial expressions while listening to the conversations instead of keeping my eyes going up and down to take both intakes. But, honestly, I also fascinate myself listening to the original Japanese dialogue, with all the expressions, and then try to match it with the language in which the subtitles are written! I find it gives the anime that tinge of originality, charm and drama!

No new posts 12-02-2010 18:33 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer

I just realized today that Carl Macek directed an english dub of one version of Casshan/Casshern. I'll have to check that out!

No new posts 30-04-2010 18:40 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

He worked on the English dub of the 4-volume Casshan OAV series that was produced in the latter part of 1993 and early 1994.

James

No new posts 30-04-2010 19:08 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Funnily enough - on Thursday night at about 11pm the live action Casshan movie was shown on television here. Unfortunately I had to go to bed before then because Friday meant work.

Just found Casshern Sins on Quickflix rental. After I finish the rest of the Wolf Rain series, I gues that's next!!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Madilayn on 30-04-2010 at 20:57.
No new posts 30-04-2010 20:53 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: