Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Star Trek!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Star Trek!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gogirl212 gogirl212 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-07-2008

spacer
Star Trek! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This one, I am *very* curious about . . .

Star Trek

. . . and we only have to wait until May to find out.

No new posts 18-04-2009 15:24 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I just saw that one advertised on TV and wondered about it. I had not known a new Star Trek was coming out.

No new posts 18-04-2009 15:35 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

We saw a big panel for this movie at Wondercon, and it looks really good! I'm not a big TOS fan, but this could get me excited. Big Grin

No new posts 18-04-2009 18:25 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

I did start a thread with a link to the offical film stie some time ago.

No new posts 18-04-2009 19:38 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Sorry Met - I looked quickly for a thread about it this morning, but clearly not thoroughly. You are so much more on the ball about movies then I am . . . I'm lucky I even noticed it was happening.

No new posts 18-04-2009 20:42 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I definitely want to see this, although I'm not convinced (yet) that different, younger actors can pull off such iconic roles.

No new posts 19-04-2009 00:33 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I was wondering that as well LB.

No new posts 19-04-2009 00:41 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

After wathcing the trailer again, I agree. I am a huge Star Trek fan and don't know if the film will work. I know a bit about the offical Star Trek history (need to look it up) but I am sure that the main charactors, Kirk, Spock, Scotty, etc never really met before serving onboard the Enterprise but I could do that wrong. I hope Abrams can pull it off though.

No new posts 19-04-2009 13:03 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gogirl212
Sorry Met - I looked quickly for a thread about it this morning, but clearly not thoroughly. You are so much more on the ball about movies then I am . . . I'm lucky I even noticed it was happening.

It's okay, I think you will have to go back a few months to find it, so don't worry about it.

No new posts 19-04-2009 13:05 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer

I just don't know if I'll be able to keep a straight face if they give "young Spock" the classic mind-meld line: you know, "My mind to your mind . . ." Because I'll immediately see Sylar talking, not Spock, and next expect him to whip out the evil pointy finger with the nasty screechy noise and munchabuncha brain tissue!

Somebody is probably going to steelchair me for that one . . . .

No new posts 20-04-2009 02:12 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Actually, it never occurred to me that I might be fortunate, in at least one way, for having missed out on watching "Heroes"!

I feel better now (though I still plan to get the first season on Netflix, someday...)

No new posts 20-04-2009 02:27 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

good point, lb! I too missed the "Heroes" boat and was planning on netflix - I think I'd better wait until after I see this movie. It's fraught with peril as it is so why give it another obstacle to overcome?

I did notice that with all of the updating they still couldn't seem to move past the original Spock haircut.

No new posts 20-04-2009 12:57 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I only watched the first series and wasn't 100% fond of it. Oh, I liked it, but I think it's not my cup of tea. I did start watching the second series but just ended up forgetting it was on. Haven't missed it all.

No new posts 20-04-2009 14:51 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Master Boardie

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I enjoyed star trek a lot - as a kid reruns of the original were on after Lost in Space and my mother let us watch both shows in a row because I think she had a little crush on Lenoard Nimoy (Spock). I liked the Next Generation version and watched it when it came out and catch Voyager now in reruns sometimes, but they lost me completely with Deep Space Nine and Enterprise.

The movies have been hit or miss for me - some have been great and some just . . .not. But I am committed to giving this one a try - I like new interpretations of nostalgic tv/movies (hence my addiction to gatch fic . . .).

No new posts 20-04-2009 15:12 gogirl212 is offline Send an Email to gogirl212 Search for Posts by gogirl212 Add gogirl212 to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: terrihasacat
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Star Trek - The Next Generation was my favourite but I liked the other serieses for different reasons.

Have you ever seen Battlestar Galacita the re-imagined series by any chance?

No new posts 20-04-2009 17:21 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I didn't get into Star Trek until TNG, hence it's my favorite and I see TOS as being somewhat dated. I also enjoyed Deep Space 9, and Voyager and Enterprise had their moments too. I'm curious to see what they do with this new movie, and I'm open to the possibility of an exciting new direction ofr the franchise.

And this time, the young male actors are hot!!!! Big Grin

No new posts 20-04-2009 17:40 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

I just got home from seeing the film, and I can tell you that it is a very good film! I thoroughly enjoyed it, and would like to see it again!

As for how they reconcile some of the things in the film with the events as established in the series, well, I won't spoil things for you. I will say that having knowledge of the original series can help you appreciate some of the things in the film, but that you'll also need to be willing to check that knowledge at the door. Normally this would be a bad thing, but in the context of the film itself, it works.

So, go see it, and do so before someone tells you all about it!

James

No new posts 07-05-2009 05:45 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Sounds like a good recommendation, James! thumbsup2

No new posts 07-05-2009 13:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I am so eager to see this film! I was talking to someone on Tuesday who's a newspaper film critic and he'd seen it already and really liked it! Only thing, the BF is incapable of waiting in lines (he can't even handle the Post Office -it's always me who goes) so I might not see it until Sunday or Monday when the crowds die down.

No new posts 07-05-2009 20:02 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks James for the recommendation.

To me I like the TOS because how bad the speical effects were and of the humour between the charactors, especially Kirk, Spock and McCoy. My fav is TNG because it kinda made me part of the crew for some reason.

I also like DS9 as it was a bit different and not always on a starship and told a bit more of a race, the Bajorans, and not just in a single episode but in several episodes. I also like Voyager as it was in the Delta quadant and you see new races and such and you finally meet the Borg, my fave face and my fav Star Trek charactor of all, Seven of Nine.

I am still not 100% sure of Enterprise, enjoyed it but yet it just seemed not as good, probably overloading on Star Trek too much.

As for the films, couple were good, couple were just alright and couple were just plain stupid like last one.

I suppose with the prequal film, they were trying to please everybody, fans and non-fans.

Hopefully, the Gatch film will be as good.

No new posts 07-05-2009 20:52 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: