Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Fighter » Minazuki!! Over here!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Minazuki!! Over here!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Minazuki!! Over here! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I can see you're from Japan! Thanks so much for the fill in on fighter...

Its frustrating for us who only speak English when it comes to translations for the series that followed Gatchaman 1.
So please keep filling us all in about it...

We wait with baited breath for something more about the very last episode of Gatchaman Fighter...

Do you really think they were killed off? Or made it back home but Kamo covered for them....

No new posts 01-03-2009 10:27 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Minazuki Minazuki is a Female
Former Lurker

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-12-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi Ebonyswanne,

That's a difficult question to answer. To me, it's hard to accept II and F as Gatchaman. There were so many disappointments in them--specially the fact that they killed off Nambu and also left us wondering whether the Ninjas had died or not at the end of F. (One of the creators did say that they purposely left the ending like that---leave the viewers wondering about their fate.) I wish they didn't do that.

After all these years, I'm still hoping beyond hope that Tatsunoko will "make things right" by doing Gatchaman one more time, with the right artwork and right voice actors, and of course, the right storylines. (Nambu will be alive, and Joe won't be a cyborg, for starters!) I know the possibility is pretty slim, because many of the major staff members are long gone, and a few of the voice actors have passed away.

There have been rumors that Tatsunoko is planning to do Gatchaman after the current Yatterman ends. But many Japanese fans are skeptical about the outcome of the quality if it happens, and strongly oppose the idea, which is understandable. Look what happened to the OAV!

(I love your fanfics, BTW!! I hope to see more of them.:luvu 5Smile

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Minazuki on 03-03-2009 at 16:57.
No new posts 03-03-2009 16:49 Minazuki is offline Send an Email to Minazuki Search for Posts by Minazuki Add Minazuki to your Buddy List
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Minazuki
Hi Ebonyswanne,

That's a difficult question to answer. To me, it's hard to accept II and F as Gatchaman. There were so many disappointments in them--specially the fact that they killed off Nambu and also left us wondering whether the Ninjas had died or not at the end of F. (One of the creators did say that they purposely left the ending like that---leave the viewers wondering about their fate.) I wish they didn't do that.

After all these years, I'm still hoping beyond hope that Tatsunoko will "make things right" by doing Gatchaman one more time, with the right artwork and right voice actors, and of course, the right storylines. (Nambu will be alive, and Joe won't be a cyborg, for starters!) I know the possibility is pretty slim, because many of the major staff members are long gone, and a few of the voice actors have passed away.

There have been rumors that Tatsunoko is planning to do Gatchaman after the current Yatterman ends. But many Japanese fans are skeptical about the outcome of the quality if it happens, and strongly oppose the idea, which is understandable. Look what happened to the OAV!

I know I'm the newbie fan here, but I thought the OVA voice actors sounded great and on par with the originals. So I wouldn't be surprised if they're used again.

And yeah after doing Casshern and Yatterman, I kinda figured Gatchaman's next. But the funny thing is the Seiyuu for Berg Katse passed away and they so far have had a lot of the big Villain VAs reprising their roles for the new remakes.

Plus there's that recently announced crossover Anime they announced, so I think they're going to be working hard on that.

No new posts 03-03-2009 17:16 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Hi Ebonyswanne,

I have yet to hear of anyone who doesn't feel that the first series was the best -I certainly feel that way!

I guess we'll just have to use our fanfics, and try to reshape Gatch II and Gatch F more into what we wish they had been.

No new posts 03-03-2009 17:42 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
trideegurl2 trideegurl2 is a Female
Honoured Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2008

spacer

yup thats the glory of fanfiction, fanart, and fancomics

I definatly feel the original series was best, (altho i havent seen much of II and F.... so sad.... im not a real fan Tongue)

BUT from what ive seen and heard, i think I'd end up liking the original the best

Car

No new posts 03-03-2009 18:11 trideegurl2 is offline Send an Email to trideegurl2 Search for Posts by trideegurl2 Add trideegurl2 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Hi Ebonyswanne,

Blushing Thank you! It means a lot to me that you read my stories and enjoys them. I've got a good beta and without her I don't think they'd be as good.

IKWYM. I've heard a lot of Japanese didn't like Gatch II or Fighter. I find it hard to think of them as Gatch when I've watched eps. I think its the quality of the animation. Joe still could have survived and not be made into a cyborg... advanced surgery could have helped him.

The OVA's ahhhggghhh....

No new posts 03-03-2009 22:50 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
I know the possibility is pretty slim, because many of the major staff members are long gone, and a few of the voice actors have passed away.

Sadly true. We've lost main staff members like Tatsuo Yoshida (Creator/Character Designs), Jinzo Toriumi (Chief Writer), and Hisayuki Toriumi (Chief Director). And many others have either retired, like Ippei Kuri (Producer) and Sadao Miyamoto (Animation Director), or moved on professionally from their roles in the series, like Yoshitaka Amano (Character Designer, now a well-known artist), Bob Sakuma (Composer, now the Music Director for the Nagoya Philharmonic Orchestra), and Masami Suda, Koji Sugii, Tsuneyo Ninomiya, Chuichi Iguchi, and Shigeru Kogawa (All Key Animators, most of whom have gone on to establish themselves as Character Designers and Animation Directors).

Much of the main voice cast is still with us, but we have lost Shingo Kanemoto (Ryu), Mikio Terashima (Berg Katse), Hisayoshi Yoshizawa (Red Impulse), and Teiji Omiya (Director Anderson). The remaining actors have shown willingness to return to their roles for special projects (Like the Time Bokan OAVs, the Yatterman special, and various video games), but I don't know if they'd be interested in doing a series.

Of course, even with the original actors involved, would it be possible for a completely new production staff to recapture what made the original series so special? We'll have to wait and see when that happens.

James

No new posts 03-03-2009 23:31 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

I think it is if they know the vision of Tatsunoko when it can to the essence of the series it self. Its when they try and put their own stamp on it and get lost in that and their own ideas- and forget what made the series so popular and lasted so long in the minds of fans in the first place that they could go wrong.

I fear that could happen with the movie. But I'll wait and see.

No new posts 04-03-2009 00:15 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

FWIW, I agree that the original Gatchaman series is the best, but I appreciate that in Gatch II and F they had a lot more of an underlying plot... with many different threads! The original series didn't really have that until the last 25 or so episodes.

And from a fic-writer's POV, there is so much potential to be explored, with the Gatch II and F material!

No new posts 04-03-2009 01:43 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

I agree when it comes to fic writing Gatch 2 and Fighter are more fun to play with when it comes to the plot!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 04-03-2009 at 01:48.
No new posts 04-03-2009 01:47 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: