Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Fighter » Help with Fighter eps.
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Help with Fighter eps.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Help with Fighter eps. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Okay i need some guidance here as to the way the story worked from the ep where Joe finds Ken's medical through to Dr.Nambu dying after being executed by Egobossler.

Even a basic idea to how that part of the story unfolds. point for would be easier to use if thats okay for whoever can help me. I have some ideas but there are gaps and I'm having trouble filling them...

Thanks in advance.

No new posts 10-12-2008 09:52 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is from the Home of the White Shadow Website:

#35 "Hypershoot Crisis" The angst begins. Ken begins to show signs that use of the Hypershoot is hurting him, unfortunately at the same time that a Gallactor mech is attacking the main ISO building in New Jork. Despite his knowledge that the building is overrun with Gallactor goons, Chief Nambu drags Ken into his lab for a checkup. Meanwhile, Joe and the others grab Gallactor disguises and easily infiltrate the mech. ("Scuse me, you got some spare bazookas? Oh don't trouble yourself--we'll go get them...") Egobossler interrupts Ken's physical examination, but not before Nambu discovers the awful truth. The final scene has Joe standing before a glowing screen in the ruins of the lab, staring at Ken's test results.

#36 "The Shadow of Death Approaches G-1" Joe and the others try to keep Ken from joining in any future missions, but he puts a stop to that and reminds them that he is the leader of this team, dammit. We find out why Ken was chosen for the dangerously unstable Hypershoot weapon instead of Joe (Ken's quoted excuse was that Joe, by dying and being changed into a cyborg, had already paid his dues).

#37 "Revive! Gatchaman" Chief Nambu and Jun seek a way to repair the damage done to Ken by the Hypershoot, and discover that a doctor in a remote laboratory may have a device and process that can help... but they must fly to that laboratory. Egobossler learns of this and tries to intercept them, and we discover that Chief Nambu can fight and shoot quite well when cornered. Again the Team tries to keep Ken out of the action until he is healed, and Jun finally explodes and slaps Ken across the face. ("Weren't you the one who told me that it was wrong to so casually give up my life?") While she was at it, she might also have given Joe a good whack for trying to ram an enemy mech in a suicide dive.

#41 "Collapse! Gatchaman Base" When Egobossler discovers and attacks Gatchaman Base, Chief Nambu collars a pilot and rides shotgun in an F-18 to deal with the battle personally. The episode ends with a deliberate sacrifice: in order to save Kamo and what's left of the base, Nambu forces the pilot to eject and flies the plane into the attacking mech's docking bay--in effect, surrendering.

Ken busts loose#42 "The Death of Chief Nambu" This episode begins with Nambu captured and undergoing torture and truth drugs, which he resists. When Ego gets bored with him, Nambu signals the Team from his confinement. When Egobossler calls him in later for a gloat session, Nambu turns the tables on him, slipping a truth drug into the leader's wine and forcing out details of the latest Gallactor threat: "The Poison Apple and Seven Dwarfs."
The final scenes are unforgettable: The Team captured and trapped in a room walled with Neophryte (Dr. Gordon's super-armor material from #19). Ken overloads the G-Fencer and manages to cut his way free just in time to see Nambu take two fatal bullets at point-blank range....

#46 "G-1 Desperate for High Power" Ken's rejuvenation treatments continue, but they're not working. The final ultimatum is delivered by his physician: if Ken uses the Hypershoot once more, he will die. This doesn't deter our Fearless Leader; instead he jury-rigs the Hypershoot system to full power in the expectation of going out in a blaze of glory. The Team tries to convince him otherwise, and finally must resort to outright mutiny.

Joe finds Zed#47 "Earth Extinction! 3...2...1" Only a few hours remain before Earth is destroyed. The Team and the Gatchaspartan, specially outfitted with the ISO's last three super missiles, is launched into space to battle the Poison Apple (what appears to be a mass of antimatter) directly. It finally dawns on Egobossler what Zed's plans are, and he faces the alien to vent his spleen. ("This is my world to rule, and you won't destroy it!") The Kagaku Ninjatai fights a hard battle against the Poison Apple, and Joe is badly hurt when he takes a full-scale energy bolt through the chest. This doesn't prevent him from threatening to beat Ken to a pulp if he tries to attack the Poison Apple with the Hypershoot. Jinpei stops the impending brawl by suggesting that if they go after Zed, perhaps it will stop the Poison Apple's progress. Ryu changes course for Zed's tower, and the final battle begins.

#48 "Gatchaman Eternal" The Team searches for Zed in his tower, and are thrown around like playthings. When they finally meet up, they discover what happened to Egobossler: his corpse is pinned against a wall in Zed's main chamber, run through by his own sword. At this point, Joe picks up on Zed's vital signs (as Rafael had designed him to) and tracks the alien to his last refuge, where the Kagaku Ninjatai battle to destroy him... and fall. Chief Nambu's mysterious pendant (an unanalyzed device he'd instructed Kamo to give to the Team before the last battle) comes into play then, activating the Gatchaspartan and swallowing the fallen ninjas with light... The final scene is of an enormous firebird breaking free of Zed's exploding tower and flying around the Earth, leaving us to analyze the wide open ending. (Chances are high, though, that they aren't dead--they're still under contract, after all.)

No new posts 10-12-2008 14:29 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Why didn't I think of that website.... thanks TJ I'm losing it.... LOL

No new posts 10-12-2008 21:39 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

And, just to fill in some of the gaps, here's a brief synopses for the other episodes between #'s 35 and 42.

#38 - The Bracelet of Freindship
Nambu has guessed that Gallactor's Headquarters is located somewhere in North Iberia, and sends the Ninja Team to investigate. While they search, Jinpei befriends a young girl named Camilla and her pet dog Zack, whose friends and family were killed by Gallactor. With Camilla's help, the Ninja Team avenge the attack on her people, but are unsuccessful in finding the location of Gallatown.

#39 - Downfall! Count Egobossler

Kempeler betrays Erun Egobossler by freeing his half brother Kaseru, the rightful heir to the Egobossler title. Kaseru is made the new Count, and placed in charge of Erun's Gallactor forces, though Kempeler is the true power behind the throne. But Mekandor sides with Erun, freeing him from captivity. Soon, the two brothers are locked in combat for control, a struggle for which Kaseru pays with his life.

Oh, yeah, and during all of this, the Science Ninja Team is attempting to protect a newly constructed Space Observatory that is in the middle of Kaseru and Erun's North pole battleground.

#40 - Surprise Attack of the Mecha Waterspout

While Egobossler and Kempeler continue to fight each other for control of Gallactor, both sides plan an attack on New Jork City. After Eogobssler destroys Kempeler's attack fleet, Egobossler continues with his plans to attack New Jork with artifically created waterspouts.

Meanwhile, the Ninja Team is busy trying to help refugees escape the city, and have to deal with a group of orphaned kids who refuse to leave the place where their parents are buried.

Hopefully that, along with the info from the other episodes, will help give you some idea of how things went.

James

No new posts 11-12-2008 21:03 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for filling in the gaps, James!

No new posts 12-12-2008 00:51 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

James thats fantastic i needed to know the order that Ego's leadership began to unravel for the story. hugs!!!

No new posts 12-12-2008 02:02 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

OKay the ep where Jun slaps Ken and goes off to fight to Mecha on her own...anyone have any ideas on what the necha looked liked or what it could do?????

Thanks Ebony Smile

No new posts 11-01-2009 11:31 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Ebony, that's ER ep 63 (although they cut the slap). The mecha is a flying panther, and you can see it here:

http://www.junsjoint.net/eagleriders/eagleriders63.html

No new posts 11-01-2009 16:16 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

Officially, that's the Iron Beast Bantegron. But, yeah, it's a flying panther.

James

No new posts 11-01-2009 16:55 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Tj some of the scenes in that ep seemed mixed up compared to the original Gatch story line... The one with the stary night was part of the mission wasn't it? I have to admit i'm trying not to get ER plotlines confused with Gatchaman.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 02-02-2009 at 03:27.
No new posts 02-02-2009 03:19 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Tj some of the scenes in that ep seemed mixed up compared to the original Gatch story line... The one with the stary night was part of the mission wasn't it? I have to admit i'm trying not to get ER plotlines confused with Gatchaman.

I'm not sure which eps you're talking about, or what is the 'starry night'?

No new posts 02-02-2009 03:53 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Its this one...

I love this scene it has a romantic feel to it...Luvu 5

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 02-02-2009 at 10:14.
No new posts 02-02-2009 10:13 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

It's Gatch F ep 38. If you look at Reoboekah's screenshot site, you'll see that the footage in the ER ep and the Gatch F ep are basically the same. The only difference I can see is that ER cut Jun slapping Ken. That 'starry night' scene is in the Gatch F ep.

No new posts 02-02-2009 14:32 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

TJ or Tats...

Just a question concerning ep 37...

Was it out of order a little in ER??? I thought Jun's famous slap happened after Ken used the Hypershoot?
Ir did she do it because he was going to use it and that's why he was on the roof?

Just trying to sort out cannon in my head a bit more with it

No new posts 25-02-2009 11:57 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

No, it happened before. She was returning with the equipment that was going to save Ken's life, and he endangered his own health by getting out of bed and going on the mission, despite Joe's protests. She smacked him just before they went on the mission.

You can see it here in Reboekah's screenshots. The only thing they cut in ER was the actual slap.

No new posts 25-02-2009 14:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks TJ. I know I won't have the dialogue to cannon, my Japanese sucks badly LOL. But how could I do a ficcie in fighter and not have the Slap scene in it...I think you'll love the scene not long after it...*grins*

No new posts 26-02-2009 03:34 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Minazuki Minazuki is a Female
Former Lurker

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-12-2008

spacer

The following is the narration at the end of ep.46.

"Ken felt Joe's strong friendship. And towards Jun, he was feeling something more . However, the thick barrier of duty to save the world stood between the two."

Why, oh why, didn't Tatsunoko let Ken act upon his feelings?? Even an initiated embrace would have been nice. I'm guessing that since the ratings of F were going down and they had to end the series a month earlier than planned, the creators weren't able to depict that part of their relationship, though they had initially intended to do so. Wishful thinking, I know. Animetongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Minazuki on 27-02-2009 at 17:51.
No new posts 27-02-2009 17:44 Minazuki is offline Send an Email to Minazuki Search for Posts by Minazuki Add Minazuki to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Ooh, this is interesting, Minazuki. So much meaning can be read into so few words, "something more," and it's so sad that it was always Ken's fate to have to put duty above all else. Thanks for translating!

I didn't know that Gatch F was ended earlier than planned, but that does explain why there are only 48 episodes, instead of 52 like Gatch II.

No new posts 27-02-2009 18:56 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, 'something more' than strong friendship.... sounds good to me! Big Grin

Thanks Minazuki!

No new posts 27-02-2009 19:03 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

*Swoony, Swoon, Swoon* I'm with you, Minazuki...couldn't they have thrown us a bone? Uh...bad choice of words...LOL

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 27-02-2009 20:17 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: