Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » BOTP BOX SET
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page BOTP BOX SET
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Stardust the box they come in will usually tell you.

My advice is buy an unbranded DVD system as most of the brand systems have chips in them to prevent you watching DVD copies and DVDs bought in other countries of the same region (its a con basically).

The whole region thing came about because the brand makes wanted to charge extortionate prices in certain areas for the same products in others however with the release of multi-region by many unbranded firms they have had to face the music and make their own.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 25-05-2004 21:52 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

oh goody
it was a christmas gift. That box is gone.
sigh

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 26-05-2004 00:14 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

If you have the instructions that should tell you also.

Alternatively try item searching on the net if you get you brand and model you will find the info there also.

I got my box set delivered all I am trying to do now is to find the time to watch it.

No new posts 26-05-2004 15:21 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Movie, `first` dont forget!

No new posts 26-05-2004 16:40 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

I will but higher priority is sleep as I just got back from work

No new posts 27-05-2004 06:17 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

No sense of adventure, eh?

No new posts 27-05-2004 09:43 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

nope after not managing any sleep yesterday I had been awake over 48 hours.

Red bull and thyroxine are a bad combination. Thankfully the effects wore off and I managed a whole 3 hours lol

No new posts 27-05-2004 13:00 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

*snicker*

Woo Firebird! Trying to pretend you're in college and pulling all-nighters? Man, that's the part I *don't* like. A better way would be to party/go to a rave/play video games non-stop, trust me. Big Grin

Now go sleep! Goodnight

No new posts 27-05-2004 13:24 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

was not intentional Elvin I worked a 12 hour shift tehn got persuaded to go 'just for one drink' at a leaving do. The drink was mixed with red bull which I never drink the end result was I could not sleep. I then had to go back for another 12 hour shift.

I was hyper the whole night and definitely not safe to be around lol

and can not go back to sleep because you guessed it work again.

No new posts 27-05-2004 14:16 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

All nighters.

Only times I pulled those, ended up with a kid beside me the next morning.

Definitely worth it.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 27-05-2004 15:48 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

Tengu,

just got to watch the movie (not much else as about to go to work)

It was *searches for the right words*

I will have to get back to you

No new posts 27-05-2004 16:09 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

Whoops. I bet you were wired. Maybe you can sleep some tonight, eh? Or tomorrow...or NEVER!! BUWAHAHA...er, sorry about that, got a little out of control there. Big Grin

Only time I pull all nighters is to write papers, because that's normally the only time inspiration strikes. My brain is trying to kill me, I guess, but I'll take the A's and B's the papers get me. Just wish they'd be in the same time zone as me.

No new posts 27-05-2004 16:13 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Well, I have mine now. Haven't got to the movie yet but I've just had a look at the mini feature - I don't know what this is but suspect it might be what they used to originally sell the show to networks back in 79 or whenever.

So, Mark's confident and fearless, Jason's quick tempered and impulsive, Tiny is master of command ship controls, Keyop speaks in chirps and bloops (or maybe it's gloops, hard to make out the word), and Princess is cold and scientific yet warm and beautiful.

Poor Keyop! That's all they could think of to say about him? Mind you, Princess did well, she's got a bigger description than anyone else.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 27-05-2004 17:03 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Reading Jason's note over in the BOTP ML.

Most of the stuff was experiments, not what they actually intend to do. Trying to mix BOTP personalities and Gatch footage to see if it works. And the NTT commercials, despite what the DVD says, are not examples of the future.

Sounds to me like they needed extras, so they raided the stuff that should have been kept in the room with the test audiences, or sold to the trivia collectors, rather than put out for public view.

Now, you take the Thunderbirds release: twelve DVDs, each with three episodes and an hour documentary -- on the equipment, the marionettes, the science, the special effects, the history, the creator, and not sure what else. Lots of old behind the scenes footage. Interviews with the creators. Not sure if there are new interviews -- haven't seen all the goodies. All the footage cleaned up -- you can see the wires, which may or may not be a good thing, but, to me, it emphasizes that these are puppets, and that the puppeteers are incredibly good. Not a word about the new movie or new owners. No false starts to get our hopes up or dash them. Nothing that should have been left on the cutting room floor being billed as "new". Just a very nice set for someone who remembers them from their youth and wants to share them with their kids and get a bit more information.

Cricket

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 27-05-2004 17:50 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

Dang it Meridian! go watch the Movie!!

(But she may be doing that as I write...)

and Firebirds evidently in denial.....

No new posts 27-05-2004 18:08 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, my evening didn't go as I hoped and so I haven't even managed to watch half the movie <sigh> But isn't it odd where they've put the violence back in and little bits of the Gatchaman voices have got in there? Joe's grunts are noticeably not a sound one would expect from Jason, they're about 2 octaves out of his range for starters.

Anyway, no doubt I shall get to see the rest of it next week.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 28-05-2004 05:51 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Firebird

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

spacer

I did watch the whole movie and will admit to the following.

On hearing zarks new voice at first I giggled as I thought someone had shut him in an empty container. Then there was the music definitely not what I am used to.

I did like the way it was filled out and not censored so much. The fight sequences were certainly more realistic for BOTP than before.

Not to sure I liked the description of Jason and had to admit the description of Keyop had me giggling again. Once I got over my giggle fit and settled down I actually did enjoy the movie. I am looking forward to seeing the rest.

Maybe in a week or so when I catch up on sleep I will watch it again and see if I react differently when wide awake and refreshed and watching it

No new posts 28-05-2004 06:56 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

Ive sent my Review over to Wendy so we will see what she says

Im also putting it in ARTICLES.

No new posts 28-05-2004 10:12 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Finally got to see the movie. I think they've made quite a good job of that. The merging of episodes 5 & 6 went pretty well, and the "destruction of space center" episodes make a bit more sense - or perhaps I was distracted from the obvious plot holes by the insertion of mindless violence Wink

Can't say I object to the new Zark either - I see he still needs overhauling and is eager to party, but not so creepy over Princess.

No new posts 02-06-2004 21:42 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, she gave up on him...after the third time Jason caught VD off of the teledildonics suit....

0430...dont expect me to be lucid...or clean.)

No new posts 03-06-2004 03:36 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: