Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » BOTP BOX SET
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page BOTP BOX SET
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer
BOTP BOX SET Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Came home with it in my sweaty paws.

You know what the first thing I looked at was?

Yes, you lot guessed it, it was the 2004 promo.

I was sadly dissapointed, ok the designs were good and the animation superlative.....

But we have seen it all before.

Guess what?

No new posts 24-05-2004 10:30 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Having said all that....

The Movie is NOT the Gatchaman movie.....

It is a BOTP version, `PG` rated complete with Cuban brothers remix theme. (and enough fistfights and explosions to keep the hardest Condor happy)

Zark has a new VA, he now sounds like a male Susan (snerks) he is less waffly and more bearable.

I wont say anything more

the version of `rescue of the astronauts` is a little different from the original with a few more rough bits left in....

the Special features just a one ep slice off the end of the movie.....

there is also scrips, cast bios and pic but not seen them yet.

But Im sure you will enjoy the movie, its very well produced.

No new posts 24-05-2004 13:52 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Is this the same box set as discussed in the other threads or another one?

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 24-05-2004 14:11 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

This is that boxset, the R2 one.

No new posts 24-05-2004 15:25 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

I have to wait a few days for mine, it's been posted today but no doubt the postman won't make it available to me until the weekend. And I'm away this weekend with no PC or DVD player. Ho hum.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 24-05-2004 18:11 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

Be patient, the movie rocks

No new posts 24-05-2004 18:34 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Like Meridian mine is in the post so looking forward to getting it Smile

Thanks for the info though Tengu

No new posts 24-05-2004 18:44 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

and its `actually` easy to get the DVds out of the for once sensibly designed box.

The intro menu needs patience though. a nice design but you have to wait.

No new posts 24-05-2004 19:59 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
SJ SJ is a Female

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 30-04-2004

spacer

Um....which box set is this?

The only thing I got on mine was interviews with the cast, some stupid photos of memorabilia, cast bios, an old trailer and one of those commentary things (which was a freaking HOOT BTW. Ronnie and Alan are a piss!) - In all....DISAPPOINTING STUFF, RHINO!

This is one of those Brit things, eh? You guys get all the good stuff....<pouts and folds arms across chest in a typical tantrum pose> that's not fair...

No new posts 25-05-2004 01:05 SJ is offline Send an Email to SJ Search for Posts by SJ Add SJ to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

This is the BRITISH version.....

No new posts 25-05-2004 04:27 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

SJ

If you have a region free DVD and in some cases a Television that supports PAL you can get a copy.

No new posts 25-05-2004 04:31 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

You won't need a PAL TV just a multi region DVD player, they all come with International colour ranges.

No new posts 25-05-2004 08:58 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

Watched the movie again. It is 70 minutes long.

Two negative points...

A sad lack of Mr Curtin

It ends on a negative note.

if you have enough money and already a DVD player that will play it, then go ahead. if not, I suggest you wait. There is good stuff but nothing earth shattering.

No new posts 25-05-2004 09:07 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
SJ SJ is a Female

0 fics uploaded

spacer

*sighhhh*

No such luck in the region-free DVD player. Flash bought our player back when the damn things cost near on $800 each....so, yeah.... It's only good for N. American DVDs.

If I am stupid enough to suggest that we get a new one, I will be dragged to each and every Futureshop store in the GTA for the next millenia while he finds the one that will do this...and magically self-digitalize that, and support this and make our dinner for us too.

I dunno if a 70 minute movie is really worth all that hell...

I made that mental note to myself about three years ago that I will NEVER suggest buying anything remotely electrical...Unless.... *grins* The Anniversary is coming up - Perhaps I will just sneakily go and buy him one, claim it is my Anniversary gift to him.

Ends on a negative note?! Howso, Tengu?

One interesting little point, is the difference in opinion on Kasem and Waldo regarding Prinny and Mark.

Kasem says that Prinny had it for Mark, but he never acted on it (oh but he was a little disappointed in that - he says if they were to do it now, there would definitely be some play on that)

Waldo claims that they (P and M) had a connection, and it was implied that they were in a relationship. She, again, was disappointed there wasn't more with the swannie and Eagle.

My personal take on the VA's...Well.

Kasem - a real groovy kat...I like him, he's humble.

Waldo - Pretty self-congratulatory if you ask me. She seems a little on the wierd side. Really excitable.

Ronnie - What a riot! I liked him and his attitude. Humble and honest, with a wicked little sense of humour.

Young - Had me in tears during the commentary. Claims that he's going to start writing fan-mail to the show....and himself. Still does an swesome Keyop, and appears as irritated by Zark as the rest of us (even though he voiced him). At one point he had me chuckling when he said "He just keeps talking, doesn't he?" (regarding Zark) "I didn't realize I was talking through the whole show."

For Young, it was the first time he'd even seen an eppie of BotP... Ronnie had seen it only the night before. Both said they were going to become big fans of the show (Young says as soon as he can figure out how to work his DVD player he'll watch enough to be a fan).

Waldo...well...she's seen all of the Rhino releases and is more a fan of the animation than the voicing. She wouldn't stop raving about it the whole eppie through. Note: she dislikes Simpsons animation incredibly.

So...enough dribble from me....That was my personal take on the VA's...and the only real good thing about the special features on the set. Thank Buddha that they added the Gatch eppies, or I'd be doing my one-woman riot on the Rhino offices!

SJ

No new posts 25-05-2004 12:47 SJ is offline Send an Email to SJ Search for Posts by SJ Add SJ to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

Why dont you trade in Flash for a DVD player? Sounds like hes no good to you.

No new posts 25-05-2004 14:17 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
SJ SJ is a Female

0 fics uploaded

spacer

*raises brow and hides all weapons, chanting a soothing mantra to herself*

Actually Flash is perfect to and for me. I wouldn't have moved across the world and married him if he wasn't.

Besides.....DVD players are too cold to snuggle up to and play naked twister with...

*shrugs and goes in search of her glow in the dark naughty dice and chocolate body paint*

No new posts 25-05-2004 14:51 SJ is offline Send an Email to SJ Search for Posts by SJ Add SJ to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

Ooo? You moved to a different country...how sweet! Heart

No new posts 25-05-2004 17:09 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
SJ SJ is a Female

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yup from Sunny Australia to the Perpetual Winterland, Canada.

Cos he is just soooooo special...

No new posts 25-05-2004 18:48 SJ is offline Send an Email to SJ Search for Posts by SJ Add SJ to your Buddy List
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer

First I would like to say, you Brits are lucky, you do get all the good stuff.
Second is stupid question time, how do you know if your DVD is region free? Unlike you SJ I waited till the prices came down Big Grin So I am hoping for a small light at the end of the tunnel here.
(Of course there is always the one I bought for the art dept. to consider, Hmmmm....)

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 25-05-2004 20:46 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

And we count her as a blessing every night when we say our prayers.

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 25-05-2004 20:46 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: