Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Hello, My Name Is Buffy, and I'm an Internet Addict
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hello, My Name Is Buffy, and I'm an Internet Addict
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
mei

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-03-2003

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

"Internet Addiction Disorder"? Well, I can't deny that I have been quite addicted myself to the internet (perhaps more likely Gatchamania and some gatcha related sites,) but I don't think it's kind of a "disorder" for me. If I hadn't found all those excitements in the gatchafandom on the internet last year, I might have had to see some psychotherapist due to melancholia instead. Wink

Mei

No new posts 26-05-2004 03:54 mei is offline Send an Email to mei Search for Posts by mei Add mei to your Buddy List
ninja-sam ninja-sam is a Female

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-05-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Wing hugs to Mei!!!!

Internet addiction. Hmmm. Interesting that a person can spend their entire non working life staring at a totally non-interactive television, but that's considered normal behavior, not addiction. I have actually been repeatedly requested to get off the computer and come into the living room to "rejoin the living," only to have the aforementioned living then pretty much ignore me while they concentrate on some drecky, poorly written and poorly acted syndicated drama series. How is this interacting with them? I'm sitting there, totally bored and unconnected, and they're not talking to me anyway, they're watching the television! Apart from physically having me in the same room, can anyone explain to me why this is preferable?

I think it's a control issue, personally -- a bit like cats and dogs get when you're concentrating on something else. They lie on your papers and bark for attention while you're on the phone. They just don't like that your attention is elsewhere.

Take that, all you guys and your oblivious-to-all-else football addictions. Now you know how WE feel!!!!

Big Grin

P.S. Ever noticed that what's acceptable and what's not is all decided by whatever the dominant group happens to do or not do? For instance, it's not "cool" to dress up and go to a convention, but it IS cool to strip to the waist, paint yourself blue, stick a foam cheese wedge on your head and scream at football players from the stands. Hmmmm.

No new posts 26-05-2004 04:55 ninja-sam is offline Send an Email to ninja-sam Homepage of ninja-sam Search for Posts by ninja-sam Add ninja-sam to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: