Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Car and van drivers
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Car and van drivers
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SJ_SwanJun
Back on topic ...

With regards to Vans - this just happened

Damn Van Drivers

Poor little baby boy ...

SJ

I hope the driver gets what their deserve. Sorry, but I got knocked by a car while legally crossing the roas as well and despite the lies that were the driver's statement, she lost.

No new posts 12-03-2008 20:27 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Terrible. Thank goodness the little boy is going to be okay.

Wait a minute, didn't Joe hit a little boy in a Gatchaman episode? Except in that episode, the boy ran out right in front of him -clearly not what happened here!

No new posts 12-03-2008 20:28 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by stardust
Well, I can assure you Met as a van driver in the US I am not a jerk with it, at least I don't think I am.
However I can so sympathize with some of the laments here. As a van driver I get constantly cut off because people think I am 'slow'. Imagine there surprise when I am up their asses and passing them on the highway! Of course my favorite is when people cut me off and then slow down, I have a bigger vehicle and need more stopping power, but these are probably the same jerks that think nothing of cutting off Mack trucks and then can't understand why it jacknifed on the highway.
But to sympathize here, I hate when people use the size of their cars to intimidate other drivers! I have had the big honkin SUVS who can eat my van for lunch come up my ass just to make me move faster, it is rather annoying. Or the jerks that take up 2 parking spots!
Then there are those idiots that think they can drive in the snow and speed in it! Normally they come fishtailing straight for me.
So good rant Met and I will keep you in mind while driving my van.

I don't know about the US, but we have the really, really awful white van man. I won't insult idiots by comparing them with this spieces as the idiots are more intelligence. but I don't think you are of either spieces Stardust.

No new posts 12-03-2008 20:31 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88

Wait a minute, didn't Joe hit a little boy in a Gatchaman episode? Except in that episode, the boy ran out right in front of him -clearly not what happened here!

I think that was a puppy. Condor Car Dog

No new posts 12-03-2008 20:32 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
quote:
Ils pensent qu'ils sont des Condors.

Non! Le Condor, il n'est pas un maniac. Il est seulment tres, tres excellent.

Comment de consentir que le Condor est un maniaque contrôlé ?

Ahhhhhh hijacked

Heh heh .....

Sorry Met

.._... ._._...__....._ (Its alright)

No new posts 12-03-2008 20:37 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer

quote:

I don't know about the US, but we have the really, really awful white van man. I won't insult idiots by comparing them with this spieces as the idiots are more intelligence. but I don't think you are of either spieces Stardust.

Thank you thank you. And I realized as I was reading more that it seems you complaint is aimed more at the delivery vans than anything else. I know in NYC it is freaking annoying cause they take up half the sidewalk as well.
While were on it, anyone ever get their car blocked in by a UPS or similar driver in a parking lot? You are screwed till they are done if you are in a hurry.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 12-03-2008 20:38 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

SD?!

SD!!!!

Hey babe!

Waz shakin?!

I have to agree with the SUV thing. Of course my main bitch is that:

:ahem:

If you are going to buy a vehicle specifically designed for off-road four wheel driving please do so. Performance rims only make your car look stupid ... As do chains around the license plate and silhouettes of naked women on the mudflaps and the back window.

A truck (SUV's, I insist, are NOT trucks) is not about speed and is not about little guys with little dicks thinking they can take on any vehicle. A true truck is all torque, my friend - it needs to work. It needs not to compact like a fan when it meets with another object - it needs to pop itself out, grunt, and get right back in there.

Muscle me all you want - I ain't moving. In fact, let me pump my brakes a little and see just how quick your reaction time is - my back bumper is certainly stronger than your front, so by all means .... TEMPT ME!

If you are in such a hurry to get your sorry self important ass into an accident, great ... you go right ahead, just make sure you leave me out of it ....

Oh, oops ... I digress

Sorry.

SD baby, it is so good to see you again!!

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 12-03-2008 20:38 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Text Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I know I am a bit digressing with the subject matter, but I feel a need to share these little jems from the 70s British TV public announcements. Also, does anybody recognise Darth Vader, before he became Darth Vader?

Green Cross Code Man aka Darth Vader

Tufty Fluffytail

And my all time favourite one......

Charlie says......

I am more digressing even more with this one, so sorry but had to share.

Prodigy and Charlie say......

No new posts 12-03-2008 21:08 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:

Yes, and the shrapnel in his brain was impeding Joe's vision.

No new posts 12-03-2008 21:48 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

My DH drove a white van for years when he was a telephone lines man with Telstra....

He was a safe driver in his work vehicle but hated it when some one cut him off, they would verbally abuse [i]him[i/] and the ring the complaints line that printed on the van. I was in the van with him a few times when that happened.

He now drives a station wagon for work in the same company after he got promoted a few years ago.

Its happened to other friends in the same company who drive the vans, if they feel that the person was in the right they say so...

No new posts 12-03-2008 22:26 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
And my all time favourite one......

Charlie says......

Makes me nostalgic for the '70s, when my friends and I used to roam all over the place and 90% of the time no one's parents knew where we were or what we were doing. But, we knew a few basics -don't talk to strangers, look before you cross the street, don't eat weird berries in the woods etc.- and they just assumed we'd reappear in time for supper.

No new posts 13-03-2008 20:02 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

quote:

I believe he hit a little old lady while having one of his shrapnel dizzy spells. He takes her home and she turns out to be the mother of *damn what's his name-starts with a 'M'* a scientist working for Galactor, and Joe beats the snot out of him but he has another dizzy spell as *Mekker-I think* pulls a gun on him and Ken shows up to save him in the nick of time.

No new posts 14-03-2008 11:18 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Damn - I think I have to go rewatch all the epi's of Gatch - I seem to have forgotten a whole lot...

Of course that is if I can convince my little Condor to anti up and give mommy back all of the DVD's. He is a big Gatchaman fan (he calls it Shoopa - as in the opening song) and has stolen any DVD's that has the picture of the team on it...

Gatch fan - I even caught the little fella singing the theme song the other day. Flash and I looked at him with wide eyes as he casually hummed it as if it were a nursery rhyme.

I tried to get him on to BotP, but he always frowns at me and flicks it to Gatch (yes, at 2 he can work the DVD menu).

SJ

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 14-03-2008 11:43 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by kimiko
quote:

I believe he hit a little old lady while having one of his shrapnel dizzy spells. He takes her home and she turns out to be the mother of *damn what's his name-starts with a 'M'* a scientist working for Galactor, and Joe beats the snot out of him but he has another dizzy spell as *Mekker-I think* pulls a gun on him and Ken shows up to save him in the nick of time.

Different ep. Joe hit both a little boy AND a little old lady. Sad, huh?

But to make up for it, in Gatch II he saves a different little boy from being run over by a car. Too bad the kid's Dad works for Galactor.... Hey, come to think of it, Ken does the same thing in Gatch F! (Saves a little boy from being hit by a car and the kid's Dad is a goon.)

Ummmmm...... how often does Tatsunoko recycle plot ideas? ROFL 2

No new posts 14-03-2008 13:34 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer

Wandering through the topics here, and the title of this one caught my eye all right, because right now I have rather personal reasons to rant about idiotic drivers. Two days ago some bloody unprintable moron blew through a red light and smashed the holy crap out of my car. I'm kinda stiff and sore, but the car is beat all to hades and I'm really upset about that. I'd only had the thing for eight months! It's my first new car! Dammit! And right now I don't know if the agent is going to tell me it's a write-off (which will upset me because it's freakin' tragic to see a car go to the junkers when it's practically new) or try to convince me to get it fixed (which will mean that I'll never really trust the frame again, and of course kills the resale value down the road).

There was no reason for that sharding woman to run that light. She was headed north, no sun in her eyes. The light had been red for at least two seconds, long enough for me to look both ways before pulling out. And she was on a freakin' overpass, on which there are ALWAYS stoplights at either side because of the off-ramps! I wish I'd gone over and sniffed her breath, because her passenger sure had been drinking. (And with my nose, they have to be pretty sloshed for me to notice.) But I was too shook up and scattered to think about that. I did call out the CHP to document the scene, and one of the witnesses was an off-duty police officer; I can't say enough nice things about those two guys, because they were really supportive and the wife of the off-duty officer helped me calm down and think a little more clearly. But I'm scared that something will go wrong with the insurance claim, or that I overlooked some critical detail.

I live in California; worse, I live in Sacramento. 'Nuff said. All the nasty things they say about driving in CA are true, they really are: California drivers have to contend with some uber-idiots who a) can't drive in rain or snow, b) are always in too much of a hurry to pay attention to little things like traffic signals or safe following distances, c) think that everyone should make way for them, d) have no concept whatsoever of how a large vehicle needs a much greater stopping distance, e) think that running errands in a Hummer makes good sense, and that they can drive said Hummer like it was a freakin' Volkswagen Bug, f) are apparently blind, and g) are just plain stupid. Oh Lord, they're stupid. So bleeding stupid. Not a day goes by that I don't see some kind of execrable idiocy happening on the road, and it scared me before, but now it's going to bug me a lot more.

Anyway, thanks to all for this opportunity to rant. I didn't really want to start a new thread for it, but running across this one was just too tempting an opportunity and I feel better for getting some of this off my chest.

No new posts 07-09-2008 17:47 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Barrdwig I am so sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you are feeling better soon. Have you gone to a doctor? If you're achy it may be something more serious, and it's qorth checking out.

I feel your pain on the enw car. I hope they do call it a writeoff and let you get a new one, because at least then you'll have a car you can trust again. As for the other woman, it seems like a case of drunk driving (from the little you've said) and if her passenger reeked of alcohol I'm sure the officers on the scene gave her a breathalyzer. I'm happy there were people on scene to help you deal with this. I can only imagine how shaken up you were, and it's good to hear that the other driver hit the passenger side of your car (not where you were).

Huggles I hope you are feeling better soon!

No new posts 07-09-2008 18:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Barrdwing, sorry to hear about your accident.

Hope you are feeling better soon and the insurance company writes off your car. I know I would feel safer if this happened to me and I was going to be driving that car again. Plus that continuous feeling of "I had a major collision in this car" would always be stuck in my head.

Huggles

No new posts 07-09-2008 19:10 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

So sorry to hear about your accident, Barrdwing! With your concern about the claim, since it was clearly the other driver's fault, it should be her insurance company that's paying yours... Usually, when that's the case, your insurance co will do whatever they can to make sure everything is in line and that you receive what you're supposed to. At least that's what I remember the adjusters/claims reps telling me back in the day when I worked p/t at a major insurance co. But of course that was almost 20 years ago.... Shrug

Anyway, best of luck and I'm glad that you're ok! Huggles

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 07-09-2008 19:35 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm glad that you weren't seriously injured, Barrdwing. I agree, there are far too many selfish or unthinking drivers on the road not paying nearly enough attention to what they're doing.

I've met people who think I'm nuts to go up with my boyfriend in little 4-seater single prop planes, but I tell them that I feel a whole lot safer up there than I do on many roads and highways!

No new posts 07-09-2008 19:57 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Barrdwing Barrdwing is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2008

spacer

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the hugs and encouragement very much. Smile

I'm planning to call the doctor's office tomorrow morning and get myself an appointment for the afternoon. Even though what I'm feeling is no worse than moderate, my sister ended up having some pretty weird problems a full year after her accident, and she'd thought she was fine too. I don't want to take chances. In the meantime I'm taking it easy and trying to avoid doing anything silly that might aggravate matters.

Everyone I've talked to has said the same thing, that it's better to write off the car and get a new one than to try to get it repaired. It's sad, but I have to agree. One of my concerns with the Prius was that it's so lightly built. It's got a good sturdy cage, but the rest is freakin' tinfoil and Styrofoam. It definitely kept me safe, no complaints, but it's painfully obvious that it's messed up. And it was on the driver's side, actually; I still get the squickies when I think about what would have happened if she'd hit me further forward instead of catching the left rear quarter. The other vehicle was a big Mazda van/SUV thing, travelling downhill at a pretty high speed. Smush. :/

If it does come down to replacing the car, I'll get one just like it. This was not the way I would have chosen to test the crash safety rating, but I'm satisfied that it really is a good car in a crisis. Besides, it's hard to out-mass everything on the road! Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Barrdwing on 07-09-2008 at 19:59.
No new posts 07-09-2008 19:57 Barrdwing is offline Send an Email to Barrdwing Search for Posts by Barrdwing Add Barrdwing to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: