Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » birthday of gatchaman and new series
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page birthday of gatchaman and new series
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
video567 video567 is a Male
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2004

spacer
birthday of gatchaman and new series Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

anyone read wizard. the old gatchaman ses being played in boomerang tv channel and there is a plan for a new series of gatchaman in the works. the boomerand channel will be holding a 24hour marathon on the show in may. i dont have the channel but if you do look in your guide for more info. also i heard on modays at 2am in the same channel the are showing an episode of g-force or battle of the plannets. just wanted to share

No new posts 08-05-2004 20:35 video567 is offline Send an Email to video567 Homepage of video567 Search for Posts by video567 Add video567 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: jedilos567
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ya I think Meridian mentioned this too, is this the same thing or was that BoTP?

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 08-05-2004 23:33 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The one I know about is that they're making a new version of BOTP, which may or may not contain Zark, redubbing the voices and selling it to Cartoon Network. So Boomerang would show the old series, and CN would show the new one. Dunno whether the new BOTP will be old or new animation - can't see the point of redubbing the old animation yet again though.

I've heard nothing about a new gatchaman series under development in japan.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 09-05-2004 08:41 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

spacer

yeah it is just BOTP im just so used to it being called gatchaman that i forget there is a difference

No new posts 09-05-2004 15:59 video567 is offline Send an Email to video567 Homepage of video567 Search for Posts by video567 Add video567 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: jedilos567
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

You cant call BOTP, Gatch, they are as different as Chalk and Cheese. (a good Wiltshire saying for you)

I, personally, have heard so many rumours I wont believe any untill I see the goods...

No new posts 09-05-2004 16:09 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
CondorRTB CondorRTB is a Male

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2002

spacer

personally myself i would love to see a live action gatchaman.

No new posts 09-05-2004 16:44 CondorRTB is offline Send an Email to CondorRTB Search for Posts by CondorRTB Add CondorRTB to your Buddy List Add CondorRTB to your Contact List AIM Screenname: ClutchRTB YIM Screenname: rbaileysth
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by CondorRTB
personally myself i would love to see a live action gatchaman.

a few of my friends wanted to make a live action fan film of gatchaman a while back you can go here at http://boredathome.0catch.com i have a section where i was working on the gatc communicator and i was also working on a helmet i jyst cant figure out how to make the beak faceshields. so i put it on hold. my goal of making a gatchaman fanfilm has gone to the dump for now

No new posts 09-05-2004 17:09 video567 is offline Send an Email to video567 Homepage of video567 Search for Posts by video567 Add video567 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: jedilos567
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

I may be able to help you there. My Father worked in acylics many a year, Ill ask him.

Might have to simplify the shapes though, (as in the NTT ads)

No new posts 09-05-2004 17:36 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

Right! I have seen my father and showed him some pictures.

He says that though acrylic would seemingly be an ideal medium, (cheap, easy to form, availible in all the right colours.) It can `only` be bent in one plane. (ie for G4 and G5 you would be ok but not the others)

perhaps you could make the visors in two halves??

He would turn the project over to a vacuform company (see under plastics in your yellow pages)

the other way would be injection moulding (Waaayy too expensive!) This is how the visors are formed on both the dolls and the action figures...ok for mass production, the cost of the moulds is high for a one off.

hope this is of help

No new posts 09-05-2004 19:31 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

spacer

thanks i contacted a few places a while back im in washinton , bu i also contacted some people in oregon and montana and idaho and most people wont make the face shield because they are afraid people would use them for real bike helmets. i even explained its for a movie and no luck. I started building a vacuform table 6 months ago and never finished it. maybe ill get off my butt this summer and finish it., I need to find some good pictures or models in 3d so ican sculpt the visors out of clay and vacuform them. we'll see thanks ofr the info

No new posts 10-05-2004 01:39 video567 is offline Send an Email to video567 Homepage of video567 Search for Posts by video567 Add video567 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: jedilos567
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

I would have thought that you could get a wooden reverse mould of a beak and heat up some sheet PVC to mould over it? Confused

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 10-05-2004 08:59 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

spacer

try it, it can be done in the oven

No new posts 10-05-2004 11:05 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: