Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »The Debating Room » personality traits
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page personality traits
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
personality traits Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Please help,
I am trying to come up with a list of personality traits for the members of the team. I have started but would like your input especially on the Owl and Swallow. It is funny I can not think of much for them or find much on them.

G1 - Mark/Ken
leader/Commander
logical / analytic mind
quiet
thoughtful
observer

G2 - Jason/Joe
aggressive
impulsive
fiery drive
hot tempered

G3 - Princess/Jun
compassionate
mothering
forgiving
sympathetic

G4 - Keyop/Jinpei
playfull
innocent
willing to show emotions

G5 - Tiny/Ryu
open
easy going
good natured
gentle
willing to follow than lead

Any help or corrections would be appreciated.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 14-09-2007 at 02:28.
No new posts 14-09-2007 02:19 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

(Pasted from Clubhouse)

BotP team is very different in personality traits & dynamics to the KNT - espeicially their respective Eagles.

In many ways, Ken is very much like Jason, rather than Mark (at least IMHO)

So - I'd do 2 lists.

Just off the top of my head:

Mark
- Leadership
- Tactics
- Observant
- Worrier
- Authoratitive
- Attention to detail
- Analytical
- Patient
- Intelligent
- team player

Jason (very much my opinion - what Zark says about Jason is in direct odds to the character we see portrayed)
- Observant (even more than Mark)
- Intelligent
- Considerate
- Team Player
- driven
- agressive
- impatient
- firey
- sarcastic
- questions

Princess
- intelligent
- sympathethc / empathic
- compassionate
- mothering
- conciliatory
- diplomatic
- patient
- mischevous
- negotiator
- team player

Keyop
- impatient
- impulsive
- playful
- sympathetic
- intelligent
- thinks outside the box
- team player

Tiny
- observer
- follower
- patient
- thoughtful
- negotiator
- team player

Ken
- impatient
- impulsive
- angsty (we joke that Mark is Angst-boy, but beside Ken, he's positively well -adjusted!)
- selfish
- analytical
- observant
- tactics
- always wants to be in charge
- intelligent

Joe
- agressive
- impatient
- questions
- firey drive
- vengeful
- hot tempered
- obervant
- single minded
- intelligent
- rebellious

Jun
- compassionate
- intelligent
- quiet
- observant
- mothering
- forgiving
- sympathetic
- follower

Jinpei
- playful
- emotional
- caring
- sympathetic
- intelligent

Ryu
- patient
- follower
- solid
- intelligent

To me, though, the interesting thing is that both Condors provide their Eagle with a different viewpoint that he often needs to see a bigger picture.

The big difference is that Mark usually listens to Jason, whilst the Ken/Joe relationship is very much "kill or cure"

G-Force is much more a full team than the KNT is and I've always said that Mark is a much better leader than Ken.

Hope my 10cents helps!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 14-09-2007 03:37 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I Bowdown to Maddy and her through analysis! You put into words everything I was thinking!

No new posts 14-09-2007 03:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I would have said that Ryu was also a peace maker. In the flowers ep he tried to keep the team together at Snack J after Jun went missing, he offered sound advice when all the others were not thinking straight.(a phlegmatic personality.)

Ken is hot tempered too when personal issues come into his work followed then by angsty...IE his father when he died.
I feel this is why he can clash so well with Joe when the suppressed temper of Ken comes out.(Melancholy/Choleric )

Jun is able to take control when she has too, and has the ability to hold them together as a team but rarely steps in..a follower but good at knowing what needs to be done.(Not everyone can be the leader!) She also has Melancholy traits.

The Condor is 100% Choleric in his personality.

Jinpei is a sanguine 100%

But again this is only my opinion, and I don't know BOTP well enough to offer one on them.

But the analysis was very good!!!

I copied it for a reference!

The book I used to get an idea of personality traits and I use in my character development.

Personality Plus by Florence Littauer.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 14-09-2007 at 12:26.
No new posts 14-09-2007 08:34 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

I can see Mark's personality differs a little from Ken's. Were they a little tamed in the BotP?

No new posts 14-09-2007 10:28 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
I can see Mark's personality differs a little from Ken's. Were they a little tamed in the BotP?

Read this Amy, this is funny as heck, especailly near the end, BOTP. Go to the bottom of the page and click onto the Battle Of The Planets page.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Metaliant on 14-09-2007 at 11:43.
No new posts 14-09-2007 11:42 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Meta this is why I love Gatch so much more...I have read this over and over....

No new posts 14-09-2007 12:07 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

Saw it too, Ebony! Vacuforum is one of the most complete sites about Gatchaman. Home of white Shadow will always be the best info source, though!

No new posts 14-09-2007 12:45 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

They are all great pages, and it's amazing how every time you visit them you find something that never caught your eye before.

No new posts 14-09-2007 14:04 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Meta this is why I love Gatch so much more...I have read this over and over....

Me too and it never tires reading it again and again and again and.......

No new posts 14-09-2007 14:20 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Saw it too, Ebony! Vacuforum is one of the most complete sites about Gatchaman. Home of white Shadow will always be the best info source, though!

White Shadow gets updated unlike the Vacuforum one though I think it may be updated soon.

No new posts 14-09-2007 14:22 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Don't forget Wendy's new Gatchablog...

http://gatchablog.blogspot.com/

No new posts 14-09-2007 15:14 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
quote:

I think it may be updated soon.

And I hope those will be the Gatch F episode synopsises! pray

No new posts 14-09-2007 15:33 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
And I hope those will be the Gatch F episode synopsises! pray

Me too! There really aren't any good Gatch F episode summaries like there are for Gatch and Gatch II.

No new posts 14-09-2007 16:08 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, I'm gratefull even for them. There's so little information about Fighter on the net.

No new posts 14-09-2007 16:31 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
CricketBeautiful
Forum God

I am a Zark.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2004

spacer

Veronika's site is also good.
http://www.gatchaman.com/

- Viktor E. Frankl

No new posts 14-09-2007 17:11 CricketBeautiful is offline Send an Email to CricketBeautiful Homepage of CricketBeautiful Search for Posts by CricketBeautiful Add CricketBeautiful to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: cricketbeautiful MSN Screenname: cricketbeautiful@hotmail.com
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Thank you for all your help.
And I have some new links, I had never seen before.
You guys are so helpful.

I plan on giving this list too my Beta reader.
That is why I was trying to prepare it.

No new posts 14-09-2007 17:11 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Jason has an elemant of compassion about him also I think not as strong as Princes but it is there (thinking here of the Ep with the puppy)

No new posts 15-09-2007 07:35 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

When I watched a Gatch ep and thena BOTP straight after the team in BOTP were such goodie goodies! Mark was so noble...too goodie...

I mean in one EP (I can't remember which one at the moment.)

Mark and Princess according to Zark had a fight...it was soooo lame! like was that a fight???? HUH

No wonder TJ makes her fun fics BOTP!

I know I read that some people say that in Gatchaman they have conflict in the team, (dah!) but to me that is more real. Go work everyday and look at your team ( a lot of people work in teams...I do)...or at times in the military...that have internal clashes at times. Personalities can clash but still pull together...

I know I'm bias...but I just love how in Gatch the world is not perfect...And even Ken is a human leader, not some ideal...

No new posts 15-09-2007 13:30 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
No wonder TJ makes her fun fics BOTP!

Well... to be fair, there were lots of funny moments in Gatch (the Trachodon ep is my favourite and that wasn't even made into BOTP) and I HAVE written a couple of funny Gatch ones... the Christmas fic I did with Springie and the Austin Powers crossover fic come to mind...

And sometimes I'll do completely silly Gatch scenes in a more serious fic... like the farmhouse scene in Burdens.

No new posts 15-09-2007 15:47 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: