Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » The suck continues
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The suck continues
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
The suck continues Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, I wish I could post something more uplifting at the moment, but life is what it is. Pardon me, I just need to whine and do a "poor me" for a moment.

On my own health front things might actually be looking up. My hemoglobin levels are at 90 (Canadian units, not sure how they compare to American, I just know they're different) when an adult female should be at 120-140, and so far they can't find a cause. They've decided since my cycle isn't "light" and I have a thick uterine lining (they did a biopsy, that hurts) to try stopping it all together and see if that helps, so I got a depo provera shot. Seriously crossing fingers that it will help. I'm taking 2 yoga classes per week now and a mental health assertiveness class, though I've felt too fatigued to write or draw in the last week or so.

On the same day I got the shot (Weds), my husband found out that his stool sample had blood in it, which triggers it being sent to the cancer center and a colonoscopy. I got one of those last year to look for a bleed so I can walk him through that. He also found out that his shoulder pain isn't just bursitis and arthritis, an ultrasound showed that he has 2 badly torn tendons in his shoulder, so he might be getting surgery. Except I might not be able to be here for it.

I got a message from my mom today that they're to the point with my dad (who has end stage liver cancer) that there's no more tests or dr appointments. It's now going to be all hospice, and he might have a few months left.

So basically I'm at the Scotty, beam me up stage ... my practical side has already told the hubby that his mother might need to come out if I can't be here for his surgery, has noted that the yoga class I'm starting Sunday and REALLY wanted to take ends the day before my brother says he'll be going down to stay with my mom so I can finish that before (selfish me), and that I can take the assertiveness class again if I miss a bunch of it. It's part of the mental health program here.

So maybe don't expect much fiction for a while. Unless I start writing in an attempt not to think. Hopefully more drawing, though. Trying to get myself back to that. Meanwhile ... Scotty, I'm waiting. Tongue

Abduct3

No new posts 07-02-2015 02:02 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sad2 I'm so sorry, Chris! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. You know how to get in touch with me if you need to vent.

No new posts 07-02-2015 02:07 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm grateful they found the torn tendons. If both tore completely, the hubby would lose use of his arm. :/

No new posts 07-02-2015 02:27 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

So sorry, Chris...just take it a day at a time and know we are all here for you when you need us.

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 07-02-2015 02:38 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

So sorry, Chris. Do take care of yourself. It's hard to do, I know, when everything is falling apart. And remember, you have friends here and we love you. Hug Huggles Hug Huggles

No new posts 07-02-2015 05:08 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Very sorry, CW! Let's hope the suck will end soon...

We are here for hugs and ranting, whenever you want!

Huggles

No new posts 07-02-2015 10:29 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Feel free to rant away Chris, we're always here to listen.

Grouphug

No new posts 07-02-2015 11:53 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

So sorry to see all of this coming down on you at once Chrsi...Keeping you in my thoughts.

No new posts 07-02-2015 12:24 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer

So sorry to here that CW. I hope they can get a handle on your anemia issues and your husbands shoulder fixed.

No new posts 07-02-2015 19:54 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I guess I'm going down there mid-March. Trying to figure out how to handle that. I guess get a one way ticket ...

No new posts 07-02-2015 20:12 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

Chris,

So sorry to hear about everything. I'm here if you need me... *hugs*

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 07-02-2015 21:01 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Chris, I'll keep you, your hubby and your father in my prayers. I think we're all starting to get to the age where all kinds of things start to happen.

You might want to talk to you doctor about a procedure called Novasure down here in the States. (can't spell it). It helped me for about 18 months.

No new posts 08-02-2015 01:15 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah, I was having the same thought, Becky, that we're all around the same age and all in that fun zone where the body becomes a pain and the parents are older than we want to believe.

I think that procedure hasn't come up for me because they're not 100% sure that my cycle is part of the issue. The depo provera is an experiment to see if it is. If it really, really helps then that might be on the table!

No new posts 08-02-2015 04:55 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
E.D. Darling E.D. Darling is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2014

spacer

So sorry to hear that you're having such a sucky week, I'm here if you need anything!

No new posts 09-02-2015 14:36 E.D. Darling is offline Send an Email to E.D. Darling Search for Posts by E.D. Darling Add E.D. Darling to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: