Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Tatsunoko Hero Fighting Gear Figures
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tatsunoko Hero Fighting Gear Figures
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Tatsunoko Hero Fighting Gear Figures Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

The Japanese toy company Sentinel has announced the upcoming release of a series of Tatsunoko Hero Fighting Gear action figures. The first figure in the series is going to be Hurricane Polymer, but the ads from Sentinel indicate that future figures will be of Ken, Joe, and Casshan.

These figures, standing approximately 7" tall, are highly articulated, allowing them to hold pretty much any pose you can imagine. The figures will all include a light in their chest that allows their chest emblems to light up.

The figures aren't cheap, retailing at 8,424 apiece (A bit over $71.00 at current exchange rates). Hurricane Polymer will be released in January, but no release date beyond "2015" has been given for the other figures.

Sentinel's webpage for the Hurricane Polymer figure, along with numerous photos of the figure in various poses, can be found here:

http://sen-ti-nel.co.jp/product-about/15...bout15_001.html

The ad for the Ken, Joe, and Casshan figures can be seen here:

James

No new posts 21-11-2014 18:27 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That's a cool idea! I love anything that lights up...and having a light up Ken and Joe would be icing on the cake! Animelol

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 21-11-2014 20:40 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I wish I had a few bestsellers under my belt. That way, I could do more than just drool at the pictures of such goodies!

But at least they're good pictures. Thank you, James!

No new posts 21-11-2014 21:51 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Oooh new toys!

No new posts 22-11-2014 01:45 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
E.D. Darling E.D. Darling is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2014

spacer

ahhhh, what a night light that would be...

No new posts 22-11-2014 03:48 E.D. Darling is offline Send an Email to E.D. Darling Search for Posts by E.D. Darling Add E.D. Darling to your Buddy List
rachel rachel is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 28-03-2014

spacer

Woo....I can't find Ken and Joe at above link yet...
Want to see the product soon!

No new posts 22-11-2014 18:32 rachel is offline Send an Email to rachel Search for Posts by rachel Add rachel to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Looks nice! I am excited to see the actual Ken/Joe figures.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 24-11-2014 at 20:29.
No new posts 24-11-2014 20:29 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer

Hi all,

Just in case you're interested, here is an English link for the Hurricane Polymer toy:

http://www.sentinel-toys.com/catalog/info.php?target=products_detail&products_id=167&language=en

You can also order the figure (and the Gatchaman ones in the future, I'm sure) from Hobbylink Japan:

http://www.hlj.com/product/SET88216/Act

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

No new posts 30-11-2014 00:58 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ooh thanks for the link, I was wondering where I'd get 'em Smile

No new posts 30-11-2014 01:27 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for posting the English links, Jason!

No new posts 01-12-2014 19:45 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all,

I just received one of the Hurricane Polymer figures and I thought I’d post a brief review.

Sentinel’s “Tatsunoko Heroes Fighting Gear” Hurricane Polymer figure comes packaged in a small, nice quality window box (the coating feels like the dust jacket of the Gatchaman Graffiti book). There is broken English on the box that promises this is the first figure of the series.

For the most part, I really like the figure. It’s very well articulated just as advertised. The figure is divided in its construction between various types of plastic and metal and the metal parts in the feet, calves, torso, and forearms add a nice heft. Almost all of it comes apart too. Polymer can be disassembled at nearly every point of articulation.

Even with all the articulation and ability to take it apart, the joints on mine were all tight. The only loose parts were his two shoulder armor pieces and they can be removed if wanted. A small stand is included with an armature that can clamp on to Polymer to display him in jumping action poses. The two horns on the side of his helmet can be removed so he can hold them as boomerang weapons. There are three sets of hands - one set each in chopping, open and closed fist versions. Finally is an LED in his chest that glows blue. Batteries are included and the light is operated by a partially hidden on/off with a switch on his upper back.

If anyone here does end up getting one, watch out for the spike on the top of his helmet. The figure is delivered with a couple pieces of plastic placed between the torso and waist and they have to be separated to take the plastic out. The waist and torso are a bit difficult to press back together and it’s during this process that the spike on the head could easily stab a finger. Thankfully I noticed it ahead of time and pulled the head off before I tried to put the pieces back together. There are other hard sharp points on other sections so again, be wary if you take him apart and put him back together.

Speaking of those pieces of plastic between the waist and torso… they lead to my biggest complaint about the figure. When I removed the plastic some of the paint on the torso stuck to them and came off. Since the torso piece is metal, the missing paint reveals grey patches on each side that are very noticeable. Whether the plastic was pressed on the areas for too long or too tightly, or it was placed while the paint was wet, or if the paint simply wanted to stick to the plastic better than the metal, I think it’s a big flaw. Of course the affected areas come into contact with narrow edges on the waist piece, so if the torso is moved against it then even more paint will get scraped off.

I’ve attached a press release photo circling the problem area. Both sides in the same area have the problem on my figure.

Aside from the paint issue, I think this is a pretty nice start to the Fighting Gear series. But that one problem makes me a bit nervous to invest the same amount in the upcoming Casshan, Ken, the Eagle and Joe, the Condor figures. I hope I just got an aberration in production. I’m going to see if I can get it replaced with another one. If I do, I’ll be sure to say if the problem happens again.

Best,

The Other Jason

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 23-01-2015 at 04:44.
No new posts 23-01-2015 04:40 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'd definitely try to get it replaced if just to get their attention so they'll address it in future versions. Tongue Thanks for the report! Excitedly waiting to see the design of G-1 and G2.

No new posts 23-01-2015 05:05 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Sounds great! Hope they replace it for you...can't wait to see how Ken and Joe turn out!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 23-01-2015 06:20 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all,

Wonderfest happened in Japan and Dengeki Hobby Magazine http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/52413/ posted information about the upcoming Tatsunoko Fighting Gear Ken and Joe figures.

These are just prototype shots for now but it looks like the bodies are going to be the same with the differences coming in colors, faces and accessories. Ken will come with his boomerang. Joe will come with a feather dart and something that appears to be another weapon in his right holster. It doesn’t look quite like his gun in the series, so I’m not sure what it is.

The figures use quite a few parts recycled from the Polymer figure. The legs (except the knees), arms, waist, torso, shoulder "armor" and maybe more. It's not a big surprise to see some reused pieces, but I was hoping to see more original ones. It's possible the reused parts were included just for these display prototypes too. I guess we'll see if they look a lot different in upcoming pictures and with the paint decorations applied.

The problem area I had with the paint chipping on my Polymer figure looks like it might be covered up with the Ninja Team’s belts. So it may not be as visible if it happens with these.

There were no projected release dates nor prices on either of their display cards. Casshan is next (another site reports by the end of this month) and apparently there might be a Doronjo figure (from Yattaman) in the works. If she sells well and Ken and Joe sell well, mmmaaayyybe we’ll see a Jun in the future.

What do you think? Will you buy them?

The Other Jason

This post has been edited 8 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 09-02-2015 at 09:16.
No new posts 09-02-2015 08:48 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

I'm not at all sure I approve of their decision to revamp their Bird Styles so that they look like they're wearing body armor. I know that this is likely because they're using body pieces that are standard for the entire line, and I know that this a popular design choice these days, but I prefer the sleek simplicity of their proper, original look. Oh, well. Maybe they'll look better when they're colored.

It should also be noted that the Sentinel booth at Wonderfest was selling two different show exclusive versions of the Hurricane Polymer -- a metallic variant and a black variant (You can see a little of the metallic Polymer behind Joe). It is quite possible that they'll do something similar with Ken and Joe for the Wonderfest this summer. My poor wallet cringes at the mere thought of it...

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 09-02-2015 at 21:22.
No new posts 09-02-2015 18:59 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
My poor wallet cringes at the mere thought of it...

*sigh!* You're not alone there, James! (If only there was some way to win the PowerBall drawing without actually buying a ticket...)

No new posts 09-02-2015 20:56 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Those look terrific! Thanks so much for posting the picture, Jason! I am very excited to see what these look like once they are completed.

No new posts 10-02-2015 14:01 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Nice! I'd love to see the finished product, too! I agree...they are a bit armor-y, but maybe it will be better when they are painted (and hopefully the paint won't come off)...

No new posts 10-02-2015 15:52 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm cautiously optimistic. Maybe if they're prototypes they'll be more sleek when they come out, but maybe not. Still, I'll be getting them, I'm sure! Wonder (hah) if I know anyone will be at Wonderfest this summer. (Which Wonderfest location would this be? Also in Japan?)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 10-02-2015 at 20:46.
No new posts 10-02-2015 20:45 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all,

I just received my “Tatsunoko Heros Fighting Gear - Gatchaman G-1” figure by Sentinel and thought I’d post a review. Yes, it is spelled “Heros” on the box.

As some of you may remember, I got the initial Hurricane Polymer figure in this Tatsunoko line and had a few issues with the paint on it. I eventually got a replacement but I don’t know if it has the same problem because I never removed it from the box. I didn’t get the second figure in the line, Casshan so I don’t know about it either. I decided to pre-order the Gatchaman figure though and I was glad to see it show up today just a few days after I got the ship notice.

Like the Polymer figure, the G-1 comes packaged in a small, nice quality window box with a coating that feels like the dust jacket of the Gatchaman Graffiti book. The design of the figure shares many elements with the Polymer and Casshan figures so if you've seen those you’ll know what to expect. It’s very angular and has plenty of futuristic looking visual details. This G-1 actually reminds me of the designs for the Ninja Team as they appeared in the old NTT commercials.

It seems there have been no changes done to the figure since the prototype (see post above for pictures) was displayed. I wasn’t crazy about the design on the prototype, but I’m starting to warm to it after seeing the final figure in person. The G-1 looks a lot nicer with the paint in place. The paint application is nicely done. However, I notice the joints in the wrist, knee and ankle sections are white. The blue paint coloring for the gloves and boots should continue to the joints underneath, but it doesn’t and the areas don’t look as finished as a result.

I like the figure for the most part. It has a nice weight to it and is highly articulated. It is divided in its construction between various types of plastic and metal and the metal parts in the feet, calves, torso and forearms add a nice heft. Almost all of it comes apart too. The G-1 can be disassembled at nearly every point of articulation. Even with all the articulation and ability to take it apart, most of the joints on mine are all tight. There is a tendency for the waist to pop apart too easily though. Nearly each time I try to move the figure or adjust something, it comes apart at the waist.

A small stand is included with an armature that can clamp on to the G-1 to display in jumping or flying action poses. There are seven hands included, with two fist, chopping and open versions each, plus one extra right hand that holds the G-1’s separate included boomerang. The boomerang is one piece, the wings are extended and do not fold closed. It really has to be jammed it into the hand too or it will pop out easily.

Unlike the hard plastic wings on the Polymer figure, the cape on the G-1 is made of three separate soft plastic pieces that are all attached under an upper back section on the figure. The cape is one color, white, with no red on the inside. There is a black hard plastic belt that includes the “G” logo in yellow and red on the front and a pouch on the right hand side that can rotate, but does not open to hold the boomerang. The G-1’s two color bracelet is present on the left forearm and it can be removed if desired. Finally comes an LED in the chest that allows the front bird head logo to glow red. Batteries are included and the light is operated by a hidden on/off switch under the center cape section on the upper back.

Now for the continued bad news. The figure is delivered with a piece of flexible plastic placed between the torso and waist pieces. They have to be separated to take it out. It’s there to protect the torso apparently, and once removed the same problem that happened with my Polymer figure happens with this one - the paint scratches off where it contacts the waist piece. Even with simple movements. This time it happened on the back rather than the front, but I’m sure it will spread with continued movement. However, as I had considered when I first saw the prototype of this G-1 figure, the belt manages to cover the areas that get scratched, so it isn’t noticeable when it’s in place. It could be that the belt caused the paint removal, but I couldn’t find any evidence of white paint on the belt. At least the paint didn’t come off right away when I removed the protective plastic as happened with the Polymer figure. But it’s still an annoying problem that Sentinel is obviously aware of. Otherwise they wouldn’t put the protective plastic piece in there.

Just like last time, I do like the figure overall even with the design that isn’t quite classic Science Ninja Team. There’s still the issue with paint scratching that’s a big problem for me. For figures that cost as much as these do, they shouldn’t be shipped with a known, or known potential, problem in place. At least the belt seems to cover the area this time but it’s still grating. Since the G-2 figure will be mostly the same as the G-1 I’m expecting the problem to continue.

Have any of you purchased the figure? What are your thoughts? Do you have any more questions?

Photos below.

Best,

The Other Jason

Various shots

The belt is lifted up to show the area with the paint scratch

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 24-09-2015 at 03:31.
No new posts 24-09-2015 03:27 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: