Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Ho Ho Ho 2013
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ho Ho Ho 2013
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Ho Ho Ho 2013 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This post might come off incredibly selfish. Hopefully not, but what the heck, it's the holidays and gifts are fun.

The last few years, when people ask me what I want for gifts, I kinda shrug and say some kind of gift card. This year it finally occurred to me that I don't have to get something semi or even vaguely practical. In fact, I could get something I'd wanted to do for a while ... Gatch stuff!

My family is very used to me being particular. My mom's side of the family also has the Collector's gene, which means that my family is used to the somewhat obsessive practice of "I want exactly what I want and don't bother asking me WHY because you probably won't understand." So, when I send someone, say, a collection of eBay links of varying price ranges and say "something in this list," no one is particularly surprised. In fact, my family is usually relieved to not have to guess and dig and stress over finding that particular thing and being sure it's exactly the one I wanted.

Anyway, things have started arriving. I feel like a villain rubbing her hands in delight as she goes through her ill-gotten gains, somehow! My Gatch collection has always been very, very small, especially since I don't get out much to SF conventions anymore ... I'm still figuring out where I'm going to put this stuff ...

I'll take pictures soon. I finally have Gatch figures, yay!

(ETA: Feel free to share your own stuff in this thread ...)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 12-12-2013 at 03:22.
No new posts 12-12-2013 03:21 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've started uploading pictures, the pin and the t-shirt are older pics, anything else is stuff I've recently gotten:

Gatch collection

(I wasn't expecting mint or mint in box given the pics shown in the auction, I figured for my first stuff I wouldn't be fussy)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 12-12-2013 at 08:41.
No new posts 12-12-2013 08:39 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Neat collection Chris... and to think you didn't have to do any of the hard work. Tongue

(Ok, I admit, I'm a little jealous)Drool2

No new posts 12-12-2013 08:55 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

There's more to be added ... well, I had to suck up to my mom and ask her to purchase it for me (and get reimbursed) since it was US purchasers only, and then forward the package. Fortunately she's a doll collector so she couldn't really mock me. Tongue

No new posts 12-12-2013 09:13 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Great idea of yours, CW, and may you receive more!

No new posts 12-12-2013 12:10 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Heh, heh...."the Stash"! *rubs hands together* Tongue

Very happy for you and I know you'll enjoy them! Smile

No new posts 12-12-2013 12:26 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm a big toy person too, so like you, I started with all of the dolls! I'm still looking for a black leather Cool Girl Jun that isn't outrageously priced, but I've mostly given up on that. OTOH, I was finally able to get one of those big God Phoenixes with all of the little vehicles to put inside, so you never know when it might come!

I do the same as you, not so much because I am picky (well, maybe I am picky) but because my husband is such a poor gift-giver. I knew this when I married him, poor guy, and it is his one real flaw. But to be fair, he always tries hard, especially at Christmas. We have found that the invention of the Amazon Wish List is a lifesaver, because throughout the year as I come across things I can put them on there, and then before my birthday and before Christmas he can look through it and pick some things out. So it's not exactly a surprise when I open them, but at least I know they are things I want!

He did buy me one of those G-1 boomerang flash drives for Christmas one year, grumbling that it was way too much money for the minimal storage space. Of course, I wasn't worried about the amount of storage space! Big Grin

No new posts 12-12-2013 14:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Woohoo TJ. Smile I'm having some internal debates on how fanatic I want to be. I have some gashapons * now and am deciding if I want to leave them in their bags (for collectible value) or put them together. Meanwhile, I mock myself for even having this internal debate. Tongue I have the feeling I'll be putting them together so I can look at them.

* I had to look up what gashapons are ... they're toys you get out of vending machines in those plastic balls.

I do keep seeing those Cool Girl Jun dolls on eBay but since I've been focusing on Ken and Joe at first I haven't been noting the prices. It was pretty cool to find that big collection that had the whole team, though!

I've had to just admit to myself that I'm pretty picky (about some things anyway). Makes life easier than living in denial, heh heh.

No new posts 13-12-2013 04:17 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

There are 2 Cool Girl Juns. There is the one in regular Birdstyle (which I have) and if you are patient you can find that for $50 or so, plus shipping. But the black leather Cool Girl Jun is harder to find, and usually priced over $200, so she has yet to join my collection. I figure she's necessary, since she has to join my Ken and Joe Barbie dolls! Big Grin

I have a bunch of those little premium toys from random places. I just put them together because I enjoy playing with them. I love the little Lego-style figures too (the ones I posed in my Christmas avatar).

Unfortunately, the Diamond Select action figures (the ones you purchased) are very brittle. If you manhandle them too much, things snap off. That's what happened to the set i gave my kids to play with. Fortunately, I have my own, still in good condition, tucked away.

No new posts 13-12-2013 15:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

I'm just hoping she plays nicely with Ken and Joe!! Nono1

No new posts 13-12-2013 16:41 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I always play nicely. *cough*

I tend to be so impulsive about opening things up that I wanted to be a bit more cautious this time. Figured I'd see if anyone here tends to keep them intact or not. Smile So far, no!

No new posts 14-12-2013 01:17 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Gashapons are not as easy to assemble as I thought. I don't think this one's going to stay together without some glue. Is that generally how it works?

I've got the Tatsunoko Heroes one who's fighting a goon. He's supposed to look like this:

gashapon

Got him together! Still, if I move him he'll probably fall apart. Never knew Ken was so fragile. Smile Might need to reinforce with glue.

my gashapon

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 14-12-2013 at 04:16.
No new posts 14-12-2013 04:01 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

This came with the batch of figures I bought. Not sure what I'm going to do with it or if I'm going to keep it. It's ... ostentatious, like Katse/Zoltar, so it kinda suits him/her. Tongue

Katse/Zoltar Bust

No new posts 14-12-2013 06:06 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Another Ken gashapon, he was much easier to put together than the other one. I've got the Joe one from this set coming too!

Another Ken gashapon

No new posts 14-12-2013 06:52 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I hadn't realized that this set of little Gatch vehicles came with the Turtle King. How fun is that?? It also came with Joe's cable gun (though I half wonder if the gun belongs to one of the dolls, but I think the seller would have put it in the doll's bag, then). They're battling here on top of the Ippei Kuri Works Art Book, that shows Ippei Kuri's work chronologically, some nice Gatchaman sketches and watercolors in there.

Vehicles

No new posts 14-12-2013 07:08 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

That is a very nice collection you are amassing there Chris.

No new posts 14-12-2013 15:53 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

You know, I usually buy my Gashapon already assembled on EBay, so I have no idea, but yeah, my inclination would be to use glue.

No new posts 14-12-2013 16:18 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

This sheet of stamps is really gorgeous:

Science and Technology and Animation Ser...atchaman stamps

Just arrived today.

No new posts 15-12-2013 02:30 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Just added a number of items I already had, going back to university days. Have also been adding explanations under the pics.

No new posts 15-12-2013 11:16 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
This sheet of stamps is really gorgeous:

Science and Technology and Animation Ser...atchaman stamps

Just arrived today.

Those are great. I started a stamp collection when I was a kid and inherited my father's. I have no idea what any of them might be worth, but I plan to give the whole thing to my son eventually.

I'd love to get my hands on some of those.

No new posts 15-12-2013 19:03 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: