Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Racing in the air
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Racing in the air
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Racing in the air Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Tonight the weather conditions are such that I can hear the cars racing at te Sydney Speedway through my open windows. The speedway is around 8km (5miles) from my place, and it's not often that I can hear them racing. It always makes me think of the G2 flying round the track!

No new posts 25-02-2017 10:40 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Very cool. Smile

No new posts 25-02-2017 22:09 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I can hear them too from Eastern Creek raceway! (Sydney.)
The wind in the right direction, its loud at times.

DH Ivoryeagle- was having a moment the other day about them not allowing the track open for the public on V8 race day trials. He used to go to them with a few mates.

Media wanting rights to everything these days for profit...sighs.

I like going to the race track live over TV. You get all the sounds, scents and action.
DH- went with mates a few years and spent time in the pits with a race team during a test run. Invite only...so jealous! (They still think women aren't interested.)
Haven't been there for a long time. I like night racing best. Something about spotlights, dark... dunno. Smile

No new posts 26-02-2017 03:45 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Even though I live close to it, I've never been to the speedway. I prefer tracks with corners in both directions! Wink3 I have been to Eastern Creek many times to see the V8 Supercars race. I try to support that category when I can - I'm scared that if I don't go Sydney will lose hosting rights to races all together! I didn't like the Homebush street circuit at all as far as spectator friendliness - you see much more at home on TV than at the track.
The old tracks like Oran Park and Amaroo were awesome and it's a shame we've lost them to the ever increasing suburban sprawl.

One day I will get back to Bathurst for the 1000 again. I was there in 2003 for Greg Murphy's 'Lap of the Gods' in qualifying. Since then I have had to work on that weekend every year!

My fangirl brain has often wondered how Joe (or Jason) would have gone at Bathurst in the old 500mile race up against the likes of Peter Brock and Alan Moffat. Those were the days when one driver could do the whole race. When they switched to 1000km in 1973 co-drivers were mandatory.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Katblu42 on 26-02-2017 at 11:49.
No new posts 26-02-2017 11:47 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Its in Newcastle this year for the V8's rather than Homebush.

DH is talking about going and I'm saying to him. "Hey what about me!" I get the typical response. "Who's looking after the kids if you go?" This Swan rolls her eyes and wonders...

To top it off... he's talking about taking our second eldest daughter, along with the usual combat gaming mates. Brushed... Frown (In his gaming team he's the pilot, strategist and often Commander.)

I was going to do a Condor Bathurst ficcie 10yrs ago. I sent him there in one of them as part of the Utoland racing team. Just didn't write the race.

They're talking about Bathurst being a 24hr race, or doing one. I'll have to google for details. DH mentioned it recently. I get watch it while folding clothes, running after kids and housework. So I don't get much time to take in the whole race.

My DH doesn't read ficcies at all, no interest. I mention a Condor racing one and his eyes light up and asked if I was going to write it. Go figure.

I had the idea once of a younger Eagle and Condor in training on a racing bet. G_2 vs the Cessna. All sorts of trouble could happen in that race... Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 26-02-2017 at 22:37.
No new posts 26-02-2017 22:35 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

There is a 12hour Bathurst event every year - they just did this year's at the beginning of Feb. I thought there had been 24 hour races there in the past - yes, research may be required!

I'd like to read Condor racing fics!

Smile
Smirk

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Katblu42 on 27-02-2017 at 02:40.
No new posts 27-02-2017 02:39 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: