Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Severe Storms, Flash Flooding hits Sydney
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Severe Storms, Flash Flooding hits Sydney
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sosai Z is finally succeeding...his plan to end the universe with one swift ice age, followed by a BBQ, is finally coming into play. I'm seeing a plot evolving here.

End of the world invitations are being sent by email.

No new posts 17-02-2017 09:01 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That actually doesn't sound so bad... after all we could use some respite from the heat, and it's always good to have ice at a barbecue to keep the drinks cold.

It took a week for the water to reach us but we got to 'moderate' flood levels. Thankfully, no homes have been impacted by the flood so we get to enjoy the spectacle of Mother Nature demonstrating her power.

[IMG]http://blackwoodraptor.files.wordpress.com/2017/02/2017_summer_flood_20170219_0625a_1200.jpg?w=648[/IMG]

EDIT: and since linking images isn't working, here's the link to my photo blog instead: http://blackwoodraptor.wordpress.com/

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by GrumpyGhostOwl on 18-02-2017 at 23:44.
No new posts 18-02-2017 23:36 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer

Now that it's officially autumn here in Australia, the south west corner is getting hot, humid weather with a prediction of low rainfall ahead!

I knew it was going to be a hot day today when I opened the laundry door this morning and found myself face-to-face with the kangaroos, who had been lying down in the shade of the back verandah. They're currently on their second bucket of water.

Now that it's March, the March Flies have also turned up (I know, the word is from the archaic 'march' meaning 'marsh,' not the month of March) and I swear they're at least 25% bigger than they were last year! It's not just me, everyone around the place is commenting on the unusually large March Flies.

I suspect these Marchies were designed and manufactured by the same person who put together the robot ants from the ant episode. I haven't checked out their bums but I wouldn't be surprised to see tiny mufflers poking out.

No new posts 02-03-2017 03:57 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

It was wet here in Sydney. At school pick up I had six kids under ten years old, it decides to start pouring rain.... with one umbrella... give up!!
Ebony shouts. "Kids make a run for it, car's that way..."

Kids had a ball, they thought it was exciting, fun, the one falls in the mud... all fun and games...

No new posts 03-03-2017 11:57 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer

The fire that destroyed property and livestock just under a month ago (when NSW had "catastrophic" fire conditions) is finally out! It was started by a lightning strike.

http://www.dailyliberal.com.au/story/4514330/sir-ivan-fire-finally-out/

No new posts 08-03-2017 03:57 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite
Just thought you all would like to know that, based on what's been going on in Australia in addition to what's been happening here (near record-breaking highs and just a trace of snow), we're not only seeing proof of climate change, but this is surely the Beginning of the End! Big Grin

Nah... a few more signs to go yet... I've read the Revelations.. not happening yet mate. Wink

No new posts 08-03-2017 11:56 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: