Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Sorry for the absence
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Sorry for the absence
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm glad to see there's some progress! It might not seem like much right now, but it looks like things are going in the right direction. (And don't worry about how you feel about the election -- a lot of people are going through the same thing. For almost a week I found dealing with poor winners especially draining. Anyway, the broadcast networks seem to be calming down a bit; I've finally been able to watch some parts of the news shows.)

If you do decide to get him a pet, could I suggest you try taking him to a shelter? That way, you might have an easier time finding a "furever" friend -- a kind of a "love at first sight" scenario.

No new posts 21-11-2016 17:24 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

*hugs* Kitsu. It's natural to need some time to recharge. It sounds like it's time to make some new friends, but it doesn't have to be a rush.

I'm glad that your FIL is showing at least some progress! One option animal-wise could be to convince him to just to a shelter with you on occasion to give the critters there some love. Maybe he'll fall for one and have to take them home. Smile

The election's been hard on a lot of us.

No new posts 23-11-2016 22:27 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Kitsu,

I'm so sorry to hear your family is facing a difficult time right now. Totally understandable to want to spend as much treasured time together as possible with her. Hugs xx

No new posts 23-11-2016 22:40 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

Kitsu, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. It's always so hard to lose a loved one. The thing to remember is that it is going to take lots of baby steps before you can all adjust to this new "normal" life.

I'm glad to hear that your father-in-law got out a little with his friends. It's so hard to do when you've lost someone you love, because when you do go and you have a good time, you then feel guilty because you did and that person isn't with you, so you feel like you shouldn't have fun either. Those are hard emotions to work through and unfortunately only time will help.

Hugs to you and your family during this difficult time!

No new posts 28-11-2016 00:21 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: