Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Hi to the silent majority
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hi to the silent majority
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Hi to the silent majority Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I want to invite all of the members who are a little skittish about the idea of making a post to give it a try.

If you read a thread and would like to comment, please do. A good place to do this is the episode reviews. We all have our own interpretations of the way they changed Gatchaman to create Battle of the Planets, G-Force and Eagle Riders. We all have our opinions about the way the characters are different between the different incarnations.

We'd love to hear from all of you!

No new posts 22-07-2016 22:21 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Very nice invitation, Becky! Hope people will feel comfortable enough to jump in!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 07-08-2016 19:50 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Indeed! iagree

No new posts 08-08-2016 20:45 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

But if they spoke up, they wouldn't be the silent majority, now would they?

Perhaps part of the reason they have so little to say is because there is so little actual discussion about the series on this site. Umpteen billion Bradbury Jar posts is not the same as talking about the show itself.

Perhaps what is needed is something geared more in that direction, even if it's just a nudge. Let me try posting something along those lines, and see if it elicits any sort of response.

James

No new posts 09-08-2016 02:05 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Thanks James. Smile Can't hurt to try something different!

No new posts 10-08-2016 04:55 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

You make a good point, James. and since there are many different members posting these days, it wouldn't hurt either to go through some of the older threads and see how the current crew compare to those who were here at the beginning.

No new posts 10-08-2016 09:16 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer

While this site was down, it occurred to me that perhaps maybe why people are reluctant to post things about the show is that since this site has been around for so long, they might be afraid that if they posted a question, that someone whose been around longer will jump down their throats for not "looking in the forum to see if it's already been asked".

Not that people here would do that. But I've seen it happen in other forums. It's sort of an unwritten rule that you look to see if it's been asked already before creating a new post.

Which brings me to another thing I realized, if it's been asked and discussed already, what incentive is there to revive a discussion?

I don't see the regulars and the forum vets here jumping down the throat of a new member who asks a question or starts a discussion that has already been asked. That said, I think it's important to make sure that those who are in the silent majority feel comfortable enough to join in and ask questions and start threads.

No new posts 16-08-2016 14:27 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

Hi all
I know it been a very long time, and yes I've been lurking around the threads when ever I could and excuse me if this is already been brought up ( I have very bad brain at the moment)
But has there ever been a thread about the Basics of Gatchaman, BOTP, Eagle Riders
eg created by, published by, time it ran, countries it ran in.
Then about the characters, cross comparison between the three shows, how they were presented in each country they were aired in, then associated spin off shows, how these shows influenced the next generation of shows etc
Best placed to purchase products

Like an "Introduction to."....or "Gatchaman, BOTP, Eagle Riders for Dummies"
I understand there are sites out there who provide information and wonderful people who contribute with a wealth of information, but I know sometimes re-finding that information can be hard if you don't bookmark it

hope this make sense, if not apologies as I said I'm running bad brain at the moment

No new posts 18-08-2016 12:24 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by littlewolf
Hi all
I know it been a very long time, and yes I've been lurking around the threads when ever I could and excuse me if this is already been brought up ( I have very bad brain at the moment)
But has there ever been a thread about the Basics of Gatchaman, BOTP, Eagle Riders
eg created by, published by, time it ran, countries it ran in.
Then about the characters, cross comparison between the three shows, how they were presented in each country they were aired in, then associated spin off shows, how these shows influenced the next generation of shows etc
Best placed to purchase products

Like an "Introduction to."....or "Gatchaman, BOTP, Eagle Riders for Dummies"
I understand there are sites out there who provide information and wonderful people who contribute with a wealth of information, but I know sometimes re-finding that information can be hard if you don't bookmark it

hope this make sense, if not apologies as I said I'm running bad brain at the moment

That's a good point. Sometimes, for whatever reason, links also get broken and the owners decide they don't have the time or money to maintain their own domain and website. I've had to clean out my bookmarks because of dead and broken links.

No new posts 18-08-2016 13:21 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I've seen some things like that, but I'm not sure where. Maybe Jason's site or one of the others, but as you said, Ann, some of those sites aren't being kept up by their owners. I can't blame them - technological change is my enemy. Thwak Thwak That's technology beating the crap out of me.

I'm sure there is some of that information here somewhere. It just takes some research.

No new posts 19-08-2016 01:13 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

The BotP wikipedia page does give you a comparison chart of the various characters, and some other notable differences too,

Find it here

Also, on youtube, there is a comparison between the endings of the same Gatch and Botp episode

watch it here

Not much, I know, but it's a start. I will keep looking,

No new posts 19-08-2016 08:19 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
I've seen some things like that, but I'm not sure where. Maybe Jason's site or one of the others, but as you said, Ann, some of those sites aren't being kept up by their owners. I can't blame them - technological change is my enemy. Thwak Thwak That's technology beating the crap out of me.

I'm sure there is some of that information here somewhere. It just takes some research.

I know what you mean, Becky. 10-15 years ago, I knew my way around PHP and CSS and site things and graphics, but then I decided to take some time away from all of that. When I came back, the technology had gotten ahead and I was overwhelmed by how much it had changed. Now, it's not just enough to design a website and make it work on a PC. Now you have to make sure it's mobile friendly because so many people look at it from their phones or tablets. All of that CSS and code goes over my head!

No new posts 19-08-2016 13:44 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: