Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Gatchaman Fighter, episode 46 Translation (excerpt)
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Fighter, episode 46 Translation (excerpt)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer
Gatchaman Fighter, episode 46 Translation (excerpt) Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hola everyone!

My friend in Japan, Midori, has translated this for all of us. It's just an excerpt but at least gives us an idea of what happened in that particular scene between Jun and Ken.

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did and that we will have all the episodes translated very soon!

I left the original translation that Midori sent me. Maybe someone who is familiar with the scene, could help to translate it properly.

Hugs
Adriana

Gatchaman Fighter, Episode 46

The scene is set in the hospital where Ken is laying uncouncious and Jun arrives.

Jun: You have survived from all danger. Don't die alone ... When you die, I go with you.

Now Ken is dreaming.

Ken: Where is the leader?
Enemy: Go to hell!
Red Impulse: Stand up!
Ken: Father....
Red Impulse: Are you ok? Your cels are getting weak, don't be afraid to die. If you are afraid of the enemy, it means you lose. You have to fight the enemy as much as you can.
Ken: I will defeat the enemy.
Red Impulse: Go! Everybody is waiting for you.

Jun has been called.

Jun: What should I do? Could I leave him?
Voice in the transmitter: You can go.

animeyoyo

No new posts 15-01-2016 08:58 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I know exactly which scene this is! Fantastic! Thanks for sharing this with us, Adriana! There are quite a few Ken and Jun scenes at the end of Gatch F where I would love to know what they are saying ! animewink

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 15-01-2016 09:08 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

You know this is one of those times when getting what you want just isn't enough. Tongue Hiding 2

Thank you adriana, I love this scene, even moreso now I know *some* of what's being said Big Grin Clap

Hug Needhug

No new posts 15-01-2016 09:26 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Yay, thanks!!

No new posts 15-01-2016 18:19 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Thanks for your translation, Adriana!

No new posts 16-01-2016 02:12 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
I know exactly which scene this is! Fantastic! Thanks for sharing this with us, Adriana! There are quite a few Ken and Jun scenes at the end of Gatch F where I would love to know what they are saying ! animewink

You are very welcome! When I read the translation I felt so emotional. At the end Jun admitted that she felt something for him....sadly he woke up when she left.

Who knows? Maybe he heard her!

woohoo

No new posts 19-01-2016 04:43 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by KT1972
You know this is one of those times when getting what you want just isn't enough. Tongue Hiding 2

Thank you adriana, I love this scene, even moreso now I know *some* of what's being said Big Grin Clap

Hug Needhug

Welcome KT! Yes, this is actually one of my favorite episodes from Gatchaman F (even though much of the information is missing!)

Hopefully soon someone has mercy in all of us and translate this series!

Snoopy Dance

No new posts 19-01-2016 04:44 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Yay, thanks!!

You're welcome Chris! But all the credit goes to my friend Midori jeje

Big Grin

No new posts 19-01-2016 04:45 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Thanks for your translation, Adriana!

You are very welcome TJ! All of us wanted to know what has been said then and well, this is a little contribution to give us an idea!

Soon, soon....hopefully soon we will have it translated!

Luvu 5

No new posts 19-01-2016 04:47 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Thats awesome Adrianaq. I found the thread in a google search. I've had fragments over the years of the final Episodes but not a whole picture of it.
I'm wondering if she tells him more, or he responds in any way. I'm okay for "spoilers" after all we have most of the plotlines anyway. Gatch F Smile

No new posts 02-08-2017 06:15 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Later in the episode after defeating the mecha:

Ken: Guys, I told you not to walk on eggshells around me! didn't we promise that if we die, we die together?!

Joe: We did. But sometimes we humans let our emotions get the better of us. Particularly Jun, being a girl.

Ken: (Turns to look at Jun, then turns back to Joe) In any case, you should be punished for disobeying orders!

( Joe shrugs and walks away, Ryu and Jinpei follow.)

Narrator: Ken felt Joe's friendship acutely, and something even more than that from Jun. However the weighty task of saving the world stood as a wall between the two of them.

No new posts 02-08-2017 08:30 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Apparently they were gearing up for more in the series, but cut out extra episodes that would have covered it better. I remembered Amy's thread from when I was researching for my"Tangled Web." series.

Its interesting reading the actual words... gee we make those boys look good in fics!!!

Especially Ken and Joe! In Gatch II and Fighter they seemed to strip their personalities more to more robotic than the first series.

I can't wait to eventually buy the full series.

No new posts 02-08-2017 12:48 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

Adriana, I can't thank you enough for bringing this translation to us! The translation I encountered gave me a headache because I couldn't figure out what was being said! (It was an English translation of an Italian translation of a Korean translation of a Japanese transcript....ugh! My head's hurting again!)

No new posts 03-08-2017 00:22 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
Thats awesome Adrianaq. I found the thread in a google search. I've had fragments over the years of the final Episodes but not a whole picture of it.
I'm wondering if she tells him more, or he responds in any way. I'm okay for "spoilers" after all we have most of the plotlines anyway. Gatch F Smile

Hola Ebony!

Al sorry for being absent for so long but I got a new job and it's taking all my time.

You are very welcome! The credit goes to my dear friend who was kind enlightened to translate for us. Hopefully we will get the DVDs with the translated series soon.

Condor

No new posts 16-08-2017 09:21 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite
Adriana, I can't thank you enough for bringing this translation to us! The translation I encountered gave me a headache because I couldn't figure out what was being said! (It was an English translation of an Italian translation of a Korean translation of a Japanese transcript....ugh! My head's hurting again!)

My dear EW,

You are very welcome! I know how frustrating it could be. I wanted to know as much as you all what was said in that scene. And as Ebony pointed out, the emotions are missing here, replaced by more sense of duty than anything.

Yes, they look much better in our fics!

One day I hope to watch this scene dubbed.... one day!

Condor

No new posts 16-08-2017 09:25 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: