Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » SW -- The Force Awakens
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page SW -- The Force Awakens
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
SW -- The Force Awakens Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So, what do you think?

I'm guessing at least some members on this forum have watched it, and I'd love to read your views (and reviews).

I loved this film, partly because it was so much better than the prequels, and partly because it's almost like the original -- okay, some people will say it's a copy of the original, but, hey, the original worked, no?

And the storyline now opens whole new avenues for fanfic...

No new posts 02-01-2016 19:07 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've seen it twice and loved it! I don't want to post spoilers, though, because it's one of those movies that is actually worth all the hype.

No new posts 02-01-2016 20:15 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I finally saw this movie shortly before Christmas. I get that Luke chucked a sad and Han had some serious parenting issues, but other than that, nothing much seems to have happened other than Mary Sue - sorry, Rey - wakes up one morning and knows straight away what it took Luke, like, two movies to figure out.

There must have been a plot somewhere but the overriding impression I got was, yeah, we're taking some money to set everyone up for the next movie. Oh, and have some lens flare.

No new posts 31-12-2016 05:29 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I've seen mixed reviews on it. But growing up on a diet of Star Wars from the time I was a young kid I loved it.

I think it had the elements in it that Star Wars came to life in and a mix of characters. I loved the reunion of Han and General Leia. (Most fans will have seen it by now.) Rey worked for me, Maybe she's smarter than Luke or more receptive. Smile

Sometimes story lines flow like that, they can hold a repetition in them but still work.

But see what they do with the follow on movies, I can see they will be altering some of the plot now.

The character that got me a bit..say so was the Kylo Ren. I had a hard time picturing him as their son. His personality was a little more like a spoilt child and it wasn't clear how he turned to the darkside so easily with little influence.

I can't see Leia putting with a kid behaving like that-- Even as a Darth he wasn't ummm... well... not a Skywalker really. He didn't convince me.

No new posts 31-12-2016 09:16 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: