Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » It Appears That Something Is Coming...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page It Appears That Something Is Coming...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
It Appears That Something Is Coming... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Illustrator and character designer Akemi Takada, who produced character designs for Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter, posted on her blog a small preview of an illustration of Ken that she just completed.

Ms. Takada did not say what the illustration is for, except that, "...the press release for the media will be on October 1st."

This begs that question, "Press release for what?"

As you probably just now experienced, the immediate, blue sky dream is that it will be for new adventures with the original Gatchaman characters. Sadly unlikely, but sure fun to think about!

A more grounded guess is that it will be for a Blu-ray release of Gatchaman II, but that's still nothing more than a guess at this point.

Whatever it will be, we'll find out on October 1st!

James

No new posts 06-09-2015 19:43 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the heads-up, James! I can't wait to see what it is.

(and if they need anyone to, you know, help give them ideas for new stories, I'd totally be willing ... just sayin' ... lol)

No new posts 06-09-2015 20:37 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I LOVE HER WORK! Sorry for the all caps, but I'm excited to even get new Gatch work of hers. Smile

Hope hope hoping that it's an affordable blu-ray with English subtitles!

No new posts 06-09-2015 20:49 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Interesting!

Okazaki Tsuguo (mangaka for Cosmo Police Justy) also posted some sketches on his Twitter account

Okazaki Tsuguo Twitter media

Wheeeee!!!!

No new posts 06-09-2015 21:52 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Originally posted by Reboekah
Okazaki Tsuguo (mangaka for Cosmo Police Justy) also posted some sketches on his Twitter account

Thanks for sharing those, they're very nice to see. Alas, the title of his three Twitter posts about it pretty much says it all; "The Planning That Ended As A Phantom." I wish we knew how old those were. I also wish we could see more of that Planning than just that snippet he shows!

James

No new posts 07-09-2015 01:35 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Cool! Thanks for sharing James! Can't wait to hear what it is!
Boeke, thanks for sharing those other pics, too! They are nice to look at, even if they are now a "phantom"...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 07-09-2015 03:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Looks exciting! Here's hoping that it's more interesting than just another DVD release!

No new posts 07-09-2015 16:21 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Waiting is so hard....

No new posts 11-09-2015 01:29 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer

Hi all,

It looks like Akemi Takada's announcement is for a new Gatchaman illustration for the cover of Anime Busience magazine.

In addition to the final cover image, she has also posted rough versions of other designs she submitted.

Here is the link to her blog to see the various cover layouts:
http://ameblo.jp/angel-touch/theme-10073871654.html

Here is the link for the magazine, available soon, but only here online and select stores in Japan.
http://anime-busience.jp/backnumber/009

I was wondering if maybe she was doing another art book or something with the Gatchaman illustration she teased. Oh well.

Best,

Jason, the other
www.battleoftheplanets.info

No new posts 02-10-2015 06:19 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Wah. Is there anything else of interest in that edition? I do love her art. I wish there was a way to see it without the text over it.

No new posts 02-10-2015 06:37 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Wah. Is there anything else of interest in that edition? I do love her art. I wish there was a way to see it without the text over it.

It doesn't appear there is any Gatchaman content, no. Not even an interview with her or anything. It's mainly about the business and overseas impact of Japanese animation.

It seems it may be available at Amazon Japan in the future, if so, and if they allow it to be shipped outside of Japan, I'll try to remember to put a link up.

Maybe she'll post a clean version of the cover on her blog in the future?

Jason (その地)
www.battleoftheplanets.info

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 02-10-2015 at 07:13.
No new posts 02-10-2015 07:10 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hopefully!

No new posts 02-10-2015 19:16 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I really love the flying picture!

No new posts 03-10-2015 22:45 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: