Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rave! » College
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page College
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks EW. Intellectually I know that, but the heart doesn't care.

No new posts 16-08-2015 15:38 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just got my Alex fix. He texted and in typical 18 yr old at college fashion, his first concern was his last paycheck - had we picked it up and deposited it for him? Yes and yes.

Laugh2

He said he participated in some of the activities (but not which ones) and already had a guy on his floor show them what happens when you drink in excess (drinking age 21).

He's a man of few words.

No new posts 16-08-2015 20:36 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Hehehe. At least he texted at all, eh?

No new posts 16-08-2015 21:21 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

He had a reason to - does he have spending money available? He said he'd text again tomorrow night after his first day of classes. It's his worst day with 4 of his 5 classes on two different sections of the campus.

No new posts 16-08-2015 21:37 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

It is going to be okay, Becky. My youngest starts her second year of her Engineering program in the fall. Her coursework is going to take five years to complete, but with the integrated internships it pretty much guarantees graduating without much debt at all.

My biggest concern is that she is wanting to graduate with both her Bachelor's and Master's simultaneously. Yeah she is going to be my ulcer worry...

On the other hand, my son will be starting his student teaching this year..that is going to be fun and he is looking forward to it.

It is going to be okay...

No new posts 17-08-2015 11:45 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks k2. Its amazing how fast they grow up.

No new posts 17-08-2015 21:56 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

I'm a bit late to the party, but congrats Becky and Ann! Exciting times! Smile

We take our kids back to U of Mo campus in Columbia, Mo, whenever we are back that way. This summer, we visited the bookstore and I can no longer navigate it. They used to have the textbooks sorted by subject; now they sort them by author. I couldn't find anything and complained, to which I was told that the current students don't mind it, it's just the former (read: old) students that can't find their way around.

And I hear that most textbooks are online now! My oldest is now in public high school - he got into the magnet program he wanted, yay! - and he has so few textbooks! It's kind of a shocker after Catholic school.

No new posts 17-09-2015 20:33 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Congrats to your son on getting into the Magnet program. That's great!

No new posts 18-09-2015 00:38 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Yay jublke Smile

No new posts 18-09-2015 01:59 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Hi guys! I'm alive! Smile

No new posts 18-09-2015 02:05 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by jublke
Hi guys! I'm alive! Smile

Yeah, yeah, that's a likely story -- we've all heard THAT before! Tongue

No new posts 18-09-2015 02:07 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Glad to see you back among us Jublke Smile

Yeah, sorting books by author works great for works of fiction, but for textbooks, you need to see all the books for your subject, not just the ones your (or your kids) teachers recommend.

No new posts 18-09-2015 06:26 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: