Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rave! » Pre-op surprise
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Pre-op surprise
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Pre-op surprise Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

As you all know, I'm having surgery done on my left leg on April 10, with an 8- to 12-week recovery time. The place I'm planning to do the rehab in does have a computer room, but I'll be completely down for a while -- unable to get out of bed, let alone go to another room. And then, when I'm able to move around, I won't be able to visit some sites (no Fennec videos on YouTube...WAAAAHHH! ), and I wouldn't have a word processor for my writing (I'd just have to type it directly on the site or write it out longhand and then wait until I got home to prepare the manuscript on my desktop.)

This was bumming me out.

Then, while she was changing the bandages on my leg, Kelly, the home health care nurse, said, "I've got a laptop I hardly ever use. Would you like to borrow it?"

Yes, you read right. Kelly is letting me borrow her laptop while I'm recovering.

I don't throw words like this around, so you all should have an idea of how much I mean it when I say I'm blessed. In spite of all the garbage I've been going through, somebody helps me through it.

Kelly with the Baby Condor.

No new posts 31-03-2015 02:48 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That is awesome! Kelly seems like such a great person. It's always nice when things work out, huh? I'm happy for you!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 31-03-2015 04:21 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That is awesome news EW! Glad you will be able to still be with us.

No new posts 31-03-2015 08:15 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Fantastic, EW. I know while the boy was in hospital the one thing he missed most was his laptop (no wifi connection available) so it made the days feel so much longer.

I'm so glad you'll still be able to join in with us and hope your op and recovery goes smoothly Smile

No new posts 31-03-2015 10:18 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

YAY! How very awesome. SmileSmileSmile

No new posts 31-03-2015 13:55 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

What a generous offer that was from Kelly! Having a laptop will definitely make things a little bit easier on you while you recover. Smile

No new posts 01-04-2015 22:20 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

That's great! Hoping all goes well!

No new posts 02-04-2015 02:49 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

That's wonderful, EW. It'll help keep your spirits up.

No new posts 05-04-2015 21:59 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: