Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Isao Sasaki and Kan Mizumoto Honored
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Isao Sasaki and Kan Mizumoto Honored
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Isao Sasaki and Kan Mizumoto Honored Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

On March 20th, the Tokyo Anime Award Festival 2015 was held in Nihonbashi's Toho Cinemas. Two of the honorees given Lifetime Achivement Awards have ties to Gatchaman.

The first is Isao Sasaki, best known to Gatchaman fans as the voice of Joe, the Condor. Mr. Sasaki was honored specifically for the numerous anime and tokusatsu theme songs he performed over the decades, which included the Gatchaman II opening and closing themes and the Gatchaman Fighter opening theme.

Secondly was Kan Mizumoto, who worked as the Sound Director for all of the original Gatchaman TV series. As such, Mr. Mizumoto was in charge of recording all the voices for the three TV series, as well as acting as a director for the performances by each actor.

Kyodo News posted a 94 second video on YouTube from the awards ceremony, which includes a short snippet from Mr. Sasaki's acceptance speech. It's entirely in Japanese, but if you'd like to watch it, it can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtXgsYCENRY

Congratulations to both men! Your honors are well deserved!

James

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 24-03-2015 at 02:20.
No new posts 24-03-2015 02:19 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Good to see them getting the recognition they deserve! Wave1

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 24-03-2015 14:05 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Indeed. Smile

No new posts 24-03-2015 14:45 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Good to see them getting the recognition they deserve! Wave1

amen

No new posts 24-03-2015 16:16 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm glad that their efforts have not been forgotten.

No new posts 24-03-2015 21:05 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Victoria Victoria is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-10-2011

spacer

Isao Sasaki. I love his voice. The first time I've heard 'The Blue Earth' from Galaxy Express 999, I had goose-bumps all over my arms. As with most of Gatchaman songs, I know this one by heart. Sasaki-sama deserves all the recognition and then some.

My fanart is here

No new posts 25-05-2015 04:15 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: