Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Tatsunoko Hero Fighting Gear Figures
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Tatsunoko Hero Fighting Gear Figures
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Okay, I've calmed down, I can wait. Smile

No new posts 20-12-2015 07:55 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you know the special colored versions of the Gatchaman Fighting Gear figures from Sentinel are likely to be the last in the line.

A friend of mine spoke with one of their representatives at a licensing trade show in Japan recently and was told they were probably not going to do any more Gatchaman figures.

I have had my issues with the toys, but in one way I was hopeful they were at least going to complete the team.

Sure, Ken and Joe shared mostly the same body parts so they were more economical to take on. But every other figure in the line requirers original parts, so why not tackle Jun, Jinpei and Ryu? They made a Muteking figure for goodness' sake and I have to imagine a Jun would easily outsell him. Things may change, but for now it looks like the end of the Gatchaman characters.

Other than CW, has anyone else here gotten any of the versions of the Ken and Joe Fighting Gear figures? How about any of the other Tatsunoko characters in the line? If so, how did you like them?

Best,

Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

No new posts 19-09-2016 22:02 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Aw that's really too bad. :/

No new posts 19-09-2016 22:22 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

While disappointing, this isn't surprising to me. I'm sure they don't want to invest in completely different body molds for Jun, Jinpei and Ryu.

No new posts 19-09-2016 23:39 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by The Other Jason
Just a quick note to let you know the special colored versions of the Gatchaman Fighting Gear figures from Sentinel are likely to be the last in the line.

Other than CW, has anyone else here gotten any of the versions of the Ken and Joe Fighting Gear figures? How about any of the other Tatsunoko characters in the line? If so, how did you like them?

Hi Jason,

I have all four of the Gatchaman figures. The regular Ken and Joe, and the special edition ones. I didn't take them out of the boxes, but they do seem like they would break easily if you're not careful with them. I also wish they were bigger. I do like the fact that while they used the same body molds for them, that their faces (from what I can see) are different from each other. Overall I like the figures except for what I mentioned above.

No new posts 20-09-2016 11:18 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi Redbird,

quote:
Originally posted by Redbird
quote:
Originally posted by The Other Jason

Hi Jason,

I have all four of the Gatchaman figures. The regular Ken and Joe, and the special edition ones. I didn't take them out of the boxes, but they do seem like they would break easily if you're not careful with them. I also wish they were bigger. I do like the fact that while they used the same body molds for them, that their faces (from what I can see) are different from each other. Overall I like the figures except for what I mentioned above.

Ha ha, from my experiences the boxes may be the best places for them. You're right, the faces are different and certain parts can break easily. Thanks for letting me know your thoughts about them.

You may want to remove them from their boxes at some point though. They shipped with LR41 batteries installed for the chest lights and there's a chance they could leak over time. If you take them out, watch out for pointy bits on the figures!

They're not my favorite representations of Ken and Joe (I only bought the Ken and received the Joe as a gift to review), but I probably would have felt compelled to buy the other three if they went ahead with them.

The Other Jason

No new posts 21-09-2016 04:43 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hrm, so keeping them mint in box is asking for disaster later? That sucks ...

No new posts 21-09-2016 23:53 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Hmm. You have a good point Jason. Actually, the thought about the batteries did cross my mind when I first got them. Thank you for the reminder! Will probably take them out too. Smile

No new posts 22-09-2016 11:12 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi Redbird,

quote:
Originally posted by Redbird
Hmm. You have a good point Jason. Actually, the thought about the batteries did cross my mind when I first got them. Thank you for the reminder! Will probably take them out too. Smile

Batteries are great to have in things you want to open. But as a collector who wants to keep certain things in packages, I kind of miss the "batteries not included" days.

I flipped the switch on my Ken yesterday and his light started flickering. Time to replace his batteries already and I've barely ever had him on. The flickering is kind of neat though.

The Other Jason (takes two 9 volts, not included)

No new posts 23-09-2016 00:19 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Gonna have to open up mine and remove them as well, then.

No new posts 23-09-2016 04:01 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: