Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » New Yoshitaka Amano Artbook
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New Yoshitaka Amano Artbook
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
New Yoshitaka Amano Artbook Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Yoshitaka Amano, who did character designs for the three original Gatchaman TV series, has a new art book out. This book, "Yoshitaka Amano - The World Beyond Your Imagination," was published in conjunction with a same-named exhibition of Amano's artwork at the Contemporary Art Museum Kumamoto in Kumamoto, Japan. The exhibition is a retrospective of Amano's career as an artist, including illustrations he has done of famous Tatsunoko characters, among them some from Gatchaman. The art book is made up of images of the artwork from the exhibition.

The book is currently only available in Japan, and as such can be ordered through outlets like Amazon Japan. Fortunately, Amazon Japan will ship overseas, and has easy to follow English instructions on how to do so. Anyway, the book can be found here:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4756246044

If you'd like to see information on the exhibit itself, the Contemporary Art Museum Kumamoto has an English language webpage for it here:

http://www.camk.or.jp/english/exhibition/amano/index.html

The exhibition runs through November 23rd, should you happen to be in Kumamoto before then.

James

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 27-10-2014 at 22:14.
No new posts 27-10-2014 22:11 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you for posting those pics, James. That's definitely some interesting and quite lovely work there....Smile

No new posts 27-10-2014 22:29 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Breathtaking work! Thanks for the info, James!

No new posts 27-10-2014 23:24 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Wow, seriously beautiful work.

No new posts 27-10-2014 23:26 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

iagree what everyone else said Tongue

No new posts 27-10-2014 23:28 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

He is definitely one talented guy! Thanks for sharing!

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 27-10-2014 23:49 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Nice! Thanks for showing us!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 28-10-2014 02:31 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

He certainly is a talented artist!

No new posts 28-10-2014 13:15 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Some of those are a little freaky. Thanks for sharing!

No new posts 30-10-2014 23:44 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: