Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » BOTP on DVD?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page BOTP on DVD?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
katsesama
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-12-2007

spacer
BOTP on DVD? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Out of curiosity -- I have the Rhino BOTP discs (there were I think 6 individual volumes and then an "ultimate" boxed set with 4 additional discs -- together they include up to episode 24 or 27 or something like that).

Curious if anyone has copies of BOTP beyond that on DVD, even if they're region 2? I think there was a boxed set released in the UK years ago that included the rest of the eps, but for some reason I didn't get it.

So...I'm wondering if anyone else has the rest of the eps (beyond 24 or 27, whichever it is...too lazy to go downstairs and look Smile on DVD?

Using psychology in your fanfic? WritersGuidetoPsychology.com

No new posts 13-06-2012 21:12 katsesama is offline Send an Email to katsesama Search for Posts by katsesama Add katsesama to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've got the region 2 complete set, from the UK. I thik it's still available on Amazon. I think the company that released it is called Network or something like that (I don't have the set with me as a write Smile )

No new posts 13-06-2012 22:49 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

There are bootlegged versions of the whole series out there. I bought it a couple of years ago. I can't remember the name of the vendor. It was in Canada. Cost about $125. The quality isn't very good.

No new posts 13-06-2012 23:53 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Ive got the GB box set, its very good.

Also has the Botp Movie

No new posts 14-06-2012 07:47 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
katsesama
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The complete Region 2 set isn't available on Amazon anymore -- pieces of it are, but not the whole thing.

I actually have most of the eps, which I ripped from VHS to DVD. I'm missing a few eps, though: 24 - 32, 74-75, 77-80, and 83. Which means I have one of the Jigokiller eps (but not both) and one of the destruction of Crescent Coral (but not all). Tongue

I'd love to get the eps I'm missing.

No new posts 15-06-2012 19:04 katsesama is offline Send an Email to katsesama Search for Posts by katsesama Add katsesama to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Katsesama, it is available on Amazon uk, from its third-party sellers, but it's quite expensive.

I'll try to figure out a way to make copies for you.

Anyone has any ideas how to do this?

Alternatively, have you tried to download them from a torrent site and then burning them on DVD?

No new posts 16-06-2012 20:47 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

If you have a region-free player, you can still get Region 4 copies of the Madman release of BotP (which is an extremely good release). There are five box sets with discs and extras. They are usually available through e-bay Australia.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 16-06-2012 23:19 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Evangelina Evangelina is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Devilstar.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-12-2004

spacer

Eek!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Evangelina on 17-06-2012 at 02:46.
No new posts 17-06-2012 02:46 Evangelina is offline Send an Email to Evangelina Search for Posts by Evangelina Add Evangelina to your Buddy List
katsesama
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Madilayn -- good suggestion, though I don't have a region-free player -- I have to use the computer (which is a region-free player) to rip the discs to .mkv and then translate the .mkvs to .mp4s and then convert all of that to DVD format.

Daniella, if you could possibly rip the discs to .mkv, I could do the rest on this end.

The software is here (free): http://makemkv.com/. The key for it is here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

If you need help figuring out what to do, just send me a message backchannel and I can provide additional guidance. YOU ROCK! Smile

What I can provide in return...once I start getting the completed Gatch II discs back from the fansubber who's doing the work, I can be sure you get some!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by katsesama on 17-06-2012 at 02:49.
No new posts 17-06-2012 02:48 katsesama is offline Send an Email to katsesama Search for Posts by katsesama Add katsesama to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I agree with Maddy: the Australian release is the best, since it has a ton of cool extras. Unfortunately the first set is difficult to find. I had to have a friend copy it for me, although I have the other 4 from the originals.

I know I've seen the UK set around online as well.

No new posts 26-06-2012 21:41 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: