Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman II » Name of Getz's fiance
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Name of Getz's fiance
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Name of Getz's fiance Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've seen 2 different translations for the name of Getz's fiancé in GII: Mako and Maggie. She appears in Episode 28. Anyone have a definitive take on this? I was going with Mako but I'm open to being argued out of that ...

No new posts 29-02-2012 01:33 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

To the best of my knowledge, which is limited in regards to Gatch II, it is Mako.

No new posts 29-02-2012 01:37 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

"Mako" is the only name that I've ever heard for her, but I'm aware that names can shift somewhat, depending on how the Japanese-to-English translating is done. I've heard the robot autopilot in Gatch II be called both "Piemur" and "Pilma."

No new posts 29-02-2012 04:12 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Funny that's the other name that I'm getting conflicting opinions on. Smile (Piemur vs Pilma) Thanks!

No new posts 29-02-2012 04:27 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Hey, Chris, sorry about that for Pimer, I tried looking it up before correcting Pilma, and couldn't find a solid source for it.

No new posts 29-02-2012 04:57 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Knew Getz was Gatch II, didn't know about his fiancee.

No new posts 29-02-2012 05:50 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
Hey, Chris, sorry about that for Pimer, I tried looking it up before correcting Pilma, and couldn't find a solid source for it.

S'ok, that's what forums like this are for. Confirmation! Smile

No new posts 29-02-2012 07:18 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
Knew Getz was Gatch II, didn't know about his fiancee.

She only shows up in one episode. Gets manipulated into thinking Joe killed Getz, so she's out to kill Joe. In my quest to use as few original characters as possible in zee fic I've promoted a number of barely used characters to more prominent roles, heh.

No new posts 29-02-2012 07:20 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter

In my quest to use as few original characters as possible in zee fic I've promoted a number of barely used characters to more prominent roles, heh.
thumbsup2

Ah, one of my favorite methods...

No new posts 29-02-2012 10:17 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I've never heard of Maggie as being a translation, but I can see how it would fit!

No new posts 29-02-2012 16:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: