Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Journey 2 - Mysterious Island
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Journey 2 - Mysterious Island
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer
Journey 2 - Mysterious Island Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Must be watched with brain switched firmly to "Off". If you think even a little bit while watching this film, you will be disappointed. I will never be able to watch this at home with my husband because from about 10 minutes in he will be spend at least half the movie shouting at the tv.

On the plus side, most of the special effects are lovely. I challenge anyone not to have at least a tiny "Awwww" moment when the elephants appear. The film has a lot of eye candy. I generally hate 3D films, but they've made good use of the medium.

I've also never seen a film featuring "The Rock" before, and he was better than I expected. But what is going on with his nipples? Is his t-shirt always present because he's got ball bearings superglued to his chest? He's on a tropical island for crying out loud, why on earth are they always so pointy?

Anyway, I was successfully managed to turn my brain off for almost everything except that. So yay me.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 17-02-2012 09:06 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Saw an ad on TV, apparently this film also has giant spiders in it. So it's big NO NO NO for me! I was hiding under the chair during Harry Potter 2...

Spider

No new posts 17-02-2012 09:33 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm just looking forward to the Hunger Games... Wink

No new posts 17-02-2012 15:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

Erm...Hunger Games did not have any spiders, did it? Maybe I should read it again before the film...

No new posts 17-02-2012 15:56 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

The spiders must be on screen for a total of 30 seconds, in a couple of scenes in the film, and the focus is on their webs rather than themselves (the silk must be as thick as chicken wire given the size of the spiders). Far more time is given over to centipedes and especially bees. Thinking about it, it's as if they've avoided using them so as not to upset people with phobias Wink If this had been a Spielberg film (and it's far, far from a Spielberg film) there would have been spiders everywhere, as well as centipedes and cockroaches.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 17-02-2012 16:07 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

The advertisement with The Rock (not a relative) flexing his chest muscles and they're throwing things at him so he can bounce them off cracked me up and made me wonder just how much of the steroids he's been using the last few years have gone to his brain.

My son's too old for it, so I'll just ahve to miss it.

No new posts 18-02-2012 01:34 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
quote:

Erm...Hunger Games did not have any spiders, did it? Maybe I should read it again before the film...

Nope, but there is a big scene with the tracker jackers... so if you don't like wasps, that one might skeeve you out.

No new posts 18-02-2012 17:31 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
quote:

Nope, but there is a big scene with the tracker jackers... so if you don't like wasps, that one might skeeve you out.

I'm ok with them, it's the spiders which are a problem (think Lord of the Rings etc). We're supposed to be getting Hunger Games in Belgium next month, what about you?

No new posts 18-02-2012 17:52 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by meridianday
Thinking about it, it's as if they've avoided using them so as not to upset people with phobias Wink

That is indeed thoughtful! Although I've noticed that kids don't mind these things, they are eagerly watching when I'm hiding under the seat!

No new posts 18-02-2012 17:54 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella TWe're supposed to be getting Hunger Games in Belgium next month, what about you?

Yep, same here. IIRC it opens on March 23. DD and I read the books a year ago. They're DD's favorite and she must have been through them about 50 times each. So as you can imagine, it's a big thing in this household... Wink

No new posts 19-02-2012 17:05 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
RE: Journey 2 - Mysterious Island Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by meridianday
I've also never seen a film featuring "The Rock" before, and he was better than I expected.

I too just recently saw him in a film for the first time, but it was "Fast Five" -needless to say, the BF had added that one to the Netflix queue, not me, though I suppose the Condor would like it -lots of car racing and stunts.

quote:
Yep, same here. IIRC it opens on March 23. DD and I read the books a year ago.

I'm looking forward to it too! Still waiting for the "Team Gale" and "Team Peeta" t-shirts to become available though. Smirk

No new posts 19-02-2012 22:00 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: