Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »The Music Box » The best band to ever come out of Canada, Rush!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The best band to ever come out of Canada, Rush!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
The best band to ever come out of Canada, Rush! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have been a huge Rush fan since I was 13. I never heard anything like them when I first heard them. Rush has made several great albums, and these are my favorites in chronological order:

A Farewell To Kings
Permanent Waves
Moving Pictures
Signals
Test For Echo

I can't find my cassette tape of Moving Pictures. I could've sworn it was last in my closet, and it's driving me mad wondering where it could be.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 28-10-2010 at 00:09.
No new posts 28-10-2010 00:08 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

If you can't find the tape, you might have to break down and find a CD. (Found mine at Wal-Mart.)

Rush is still cool after over two decades. How many bands since about 1995 can say the same thing?

The old-school bands are the real thing. Not today's disposable tween-bait and flavor-of-the-month 'bands'. Rush puts out new albums. The Indigo Girls are still recording. Anyone still around from the 1980s will be recording and performing until their brains fry or they drop dead. Might be in new bands, but still active. The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, and Justin Bieber will be 'Where Are They Now?' topics in a few years. Any luck, they won't try for comebacks and will have found other lives.

No new posts 28-10-2010 00:55 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I saw Rush in concert in 1990. Hard to believe that was 20 years ago -I'm getting old...

Just last month though I was appalled when a Rush song came on the radio and the BF claimed he had no idea who they were. This led to me attempting to sing the choruses of "Tom Sawyer" and "Distant Early Warning" (which I will never do in public). He recognized the songs, but never knew they were by Rush... Confused

No new posts 28-10-2010 01:53 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I found the tape. All's good! Such a great album!

No new posts 28-10-2010 03:52 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Berg Katse Berg Katse is a Female
Pleather Goddess

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2001

spacer

I know people who were roadies/techs for Rush. There's nothing more amusing than watching a sound guy and a light guy argue over which person is more important. Wink

As for the band, I'm Canadian, you think I'm not aware of their awesomeness?

Katse

No new posts 28-10-2010 05:02 Berg Katse is offline Send an Email to Berg Katse Homepage of Berg Katse Search for Posts by Berg Katse Add Berg Katse to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: Katse (d9yaa@unb.ca)
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That is too cool, Katse!

No new posts 29-10-2010 17:41 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: