Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »The Music Box » Does anyone like the band Survivor?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Does anyone like the band Survivor?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Does anyone like the band Survivor? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

And yes, I do mean the same group that sang Eye Of The Tiger, which is a song I am honestly very sick of, and feel has overshadowed the other hits the band had. Anyway, I think they're great. There was more to them than their chart-topping mega hit. They had several other well-known songs, such as I Can't Hold Back, High On You, The Search Is Over, Burning Heart, and Is This Love. Then there are also lesser known, but still very cool songs like Poor Man's Son (which is the song that Stallone heard and inspired him to ask them to do Eye Of The Tiger for Rocky III), Ever Since The World Began (later covered by Styx's Tommy Shaw on his album, Ambition), American Heartbeat, Caught In The Game, I See You In Everyone, How Much Love, Man Against The World (this song was planned to be used in Rocky IV, but it was pulled at the last minute), Rebel Son, and Didn't Know It Was Love, which are songs I'm especially a fan of. Man Against The World was however included as a bonus track on the 2006 remastered version of the Rocky IV soundtrack.

Does anyone remember that Starbucks commercial they were in a few years ago where they re-worked the lyrics to Eye Of The Tiger so it was about a guy named Glen and his everyday routine? Rofl One of the funniest commercials I ever saw! How many bands do YOU know of that parody their own song? Rofl

No new posts 21-09-2010 10:57 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
RE: Does anyone like the band Survivor? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by AllentownDarkWater
They had several other well-known songs, such as I Can't Hold Back, High On You, The Search Is Over,

I remember these songs -I think I would have been in high school when they came out- though my sister was a bigger fan. If I recall, she had a boyfriend back then and they considered "The Search is Over" their song. Smirk

No new posts 21-09-2010 12:53 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

You're right, Allen! If you hadn't mentioned the title of the song "Eye of the Tiger", I, the first one, wouldn't have known about which group you were talking! I remember a general craze over that song, when it came out! I also remember "High on You", and most probably, I would also recognise most of the other songs if I hear them!

No new posts 21-09-2010 13:29 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

LB:The Search Is Over has to have been one of the best love songs of the 80's. Period. That's a great song, and I still hear it from time to time on flashback and easy listening stations.

No new posts 21-09-2010 16:17 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-12-2002

spacer

they made more than one song?

/ducks.

sorry! i remember their one hit and that's... it. so i guess they never made it onto my radar.

No new posts 22-09-2010 01:52 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

I loved listening to their music back then.... are they still touring like a lot of 80's bands???

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 22-09-2010 04:36 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, but Jimi Jamison and Jim Peterik aren't in the band anymore. They put out a new CD with both of them in 2006 called Reach, but they left a few months after it came out.

No new posts 22-09-2010 05:26 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks ADW... I was singing songs from their one album... I forget the album name but I know it had High On You, I Can't Hold Back and The Search Is Over.

No new posts 23-09-2010 22:46 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That would be Vital Signs, which I would say is their best album. Smile

No new posts 24-09-2010 01:08 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It is a great album... think I need to "update" and get it on cd... my tape has seen much better days.

I can recall using this album and relating it to the Eagle/Swan relationship

No new posts 24-09-2010 22:53 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Swan_Jun Swan_Jun is a Male

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 31-01-2010

spacer

Hello Allen,

In response to ur question about Liking surivior I love surivior and their hit "eye of the tiger"

BIRD GO!

No I don't Suffer From A Swan Obsession. Being a Swan Is Graceful and beautiful

No new posts 26-11-2010 18:15 Swan_Jun is offline Send an Email to Swan_Jun Search for Posts by Swan_Jun Add Swan_Jun to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: God_phoenix45 YIM Screenname: Shadow_ranger2004 MSN Screenname: Cockatiel_2007
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: