Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Video/PC Games, Models & Toys » What Kids Will Be asking for their Birthday/Christmas Present
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page What Kids Will Be asking for their Birthday/Christmas Present
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer
What Kids Will Be asking for their Birthday/Christmas Present Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Since I know there's a few Moms here I thought I drop some info on the latest model of the Nintendo DS.

It was recently revealed at the E3 Expo this week. No release date or price. But from the impressions from people who got to see it, it's going to be THE hottest toy when it comes out.

What's the big deal? Well Nintendo's new handheld will utilize 3D technology ala Avatar and other 3D movies, but with a new twist. You WON'T NEED SPECIAL GLASSES!! Yep games will now be able to pop right out at you. Again, I can't illustrate it, I haven't SEEN it myself, but the impressions I hear are VERY positive.

Games support ALSO seems very plentiful, with not only solid Nintendo titles (Paper Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing Nintendogs+Cats, and a new Kid Icarus) but also some astounding 3rd Party support (Final Fantasy, Batman, Kingdom Hearts Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid)

Nintendo has also said there'll be a special 3D Movie Service, where 3DS owners will be able to download movies like Avatar in 3D.

And now, how E3 basically went down:

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Cain Highwind on 18-06-2010 at 09:12.
No new posts 18-06-2010 09:10 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That sounds really neat, Cain! Guess I should get in line now if I want it for Christmas presents! LOL

I love the animation, too...so cute!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 18-06-2010 09:29 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the info, Cain! I'd better not show anything related to the above to my kids, though! ... we've just bought a Nintendo DS for our son last Christmas, and our daughter, who's younger than him, is expecting one like his the Christmas that's coming! If she sees this she would surely want it and, then, only God knows how we could be able to stop them from quarrelling, she having such a model as compared to her brother's!! Moreover, she has a crush on Jake (the protagonist of Avatar)! She would surely won't accept a "no" for an answer!

No new posts 18-06-2010 11:55 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

My kids both have DSs and we purposely didn't buy DSis (my kids do NOT need to be able to connect to the internet and purchase stuff, thank you very much). I'm guessing that we're not going to be trading up anytime soon. Wink

But neat information. Thanks for sharing, Cain!

No new posts 18-06-2010 13:56 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

I'd love to see how that 3d is going to work. My sister was theorising that you would have to hold it close to your face, so one screen per eye Big Grin Sounds uncomfortable so I doubt they'll be doing that.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 18-06-2010 15:36 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: