Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »The Debating Room » BOTP Transmute
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page BOTP Transmute
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
jphcub

spacer
BOTP Transmute Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello Everyone! Just curious if anyone knows which episodes show the actual transmutation of the G-Force members from everyday to Bird-Style. I know there are several where Mark transmutes and then it shows the other members as well. Loved that part of the show. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

No new posts 29-04-2010 01:06
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

"The Fierce Flowers" part 1 shows Princess transmuting individually.

Ummm..... the ep where they have the de-transmute ray shows Jason transmute individually

There are plenty of others where it's implied that the transmute is individual, but not shown.

Off hand - can't think of any others.....

Welcome, jphcub, by the way!! Nice to have you here playing with us!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 29-04-2010 01:54 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome to Gatchamania! welcome

I know that our resident Gatch Guru, James, posted this information some time back, but I can't locate the threads.

Princess transmutes in the Fierce Flowers part I, and Jinpei transmutes in Gatchaman episode 17 (Alien Beetles in BOTP). I *think* Keyop also transmutes in the BOTP version.

I know Jason transmutes in his car in the episode Rage of the Robotoids, but I can't recall if there's a close-up shot of his face.

There are more, but these are off the top of my head.

No new posts 29-04-2010 01:57 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

I assume you mean episodes where members of G-Force other than Mark are shown transmuting.

Let's see, from what I can recall off the top of my head, we have the following:

Jason;

Awesome Ray Force

Princess;

Big Robot Gold Grab
Fierce Flowers Part I
Fierce Flowers Part II

Keyop;

Big Robot Gold Grab
The Fearful Sea Anemone
The Alien Beetles

Tiny;

None

Like I said, this is off the top of my head, I might have missed one somewhere.

It might also be worth noting that there are a few times when we see characters Detransmute, though only once is this by their own choice. For those, we have the following:

Mark Detransmuting;

Rescue of the Astronauts (By choice)
Awesome Ray Force (Shot by Spectra weapon)

Jason Detransmuting;

Awesome Ray Force (Shot by Spectra weapon)

Princess Detransmuting;

Spectra Space Spider (Cosmic Communicator falls off)

Bear in mind that this is BotP-only list. Gatchaman adds some to the list, including Jinpei transforming in episode #29, both Jinpei and Ryu transforming in episode #50, and Joe transforming in episode #103. Also, Joe reverts from Bird Style to civilian clothes in episode #'s 102 (Shot by Megaziner) and 103 (Bracelet is shot off of his wrist).

quote:
I know Jason transmutes in his car in the episode Rage of the Robotoids, but I can't recall if there's a close-up shot of his face.

You're probably thinking of Awesome Ray Force, not Rage of the Robotoids. In Rage of the Robotoids, we never see him Transmute.

I hope this helps!

James

No new posts 29-04-2010 04:04 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

welcome I'll welcome you in this thread, jphcub, even if I cannot be more helpful for you, as I think your question has been answered already in the most efficient way!

No new posts 29-04-2010 10:45 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
You're probably thinking of Awesome Ray Force, not Rage of the Robotoids. In Rage of the Robotoids, we never see him Transmute.

Yep, I was. See what happens when I type too quickly?

Thank goodness we have you, James, as our infallible source! Bowdown

No new posts 29-04-2010 13:33 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
jphcub

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow, thanks for all the welcomes and information. Great to know there are so many Gatch/BOTP fans out there. Will definitely look up these episodes. Thanks again to all!

No new posts 30-04-2010 00:29
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

In case you ever wondered why we so rarely saw anyone other than Ken transform, the answer comes from the series Planning Establishment. In a section titled "'Science Ninja Team Gatchaman' Production Points To Consider," they state:

"3. Regarding the Transformations, Uniting

To avoid the complexity of the Science Ninja Team transforming to Bird Style, as well as the transformation and uniting of their mechanics, scenes of only Ken, the Eagle should be used as the example."

So, the oft-repeated stock footage of Ken transforming was something that was planned before the series even went into production.

Just figured you might like to know!

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 30-04-2010 at 05:15.
No new posts 30-04-2010 05:14 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

For some reason, I always got the impression that whilst all team members could transform individually, a group transformation could be triggered by Mark.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 30-04-2010 06:10 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I don't know about an entire group transformation, but there is a Gatch F episode where Ken, Joe, Ryu and Jinpei all transform at once. In front of the Galactors, completely exposing their identity, I might add. Wink

No new posts 30-04-2010 13:21 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

I can see how the idea that Mark can trigger a group transmute came about. The team's together, he utters a line ('Anybody for outer space?' or whatever), and then there's the transmute footage.

I think also that the animators didn't want to go through the whole transmutation rigmarole for each team member. That's a lot of animation (even if they do use it over and over).

Although it would have been nice to see for the stories when other team members go solo.

No new posts 30-04-2010 22:15 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
jphcub

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to drop in again and say that I've checked out all the episodes for the Whirlwind Pyramid & Fiery Phoenix and the information you all gave was WONDERFUL!

I think there was a thread concerning this before so please excuse any redundancy but in everyone's opinion, which episodes would you check out to get the following: 1) Mark initiates Group Transmute and it shows all the other characters during his change AND 2) Mark initiating a Group Transmute and it showing all others and their vehicles linking up with the Phoenix.

I know a lot of this was the same footage used again but if there's any that stick out better, clearer, etc. in your mind, any input is appreciated!

Thanks all!

No new posts 24-05-2010 01:51
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

I don't know if there's really anything resembling a Group Transmute. So far during my episode reviews I've found only one that even implies it. During A Swarm of Robot Ants, the team falls down a hole into the base, and Mark's line is “Activate your transformers. Transmute to full G-Force.” But this could simply mean that he's giving orders.

As far as I recall, there are no scenes of the team's vehicles transmuting then following with them linking with the Phoenix. Really, the best shot of the team pickup occurs in the first episode. That's used and re-used throughout the show.

No new posts 24-05-2010 18:18 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer

In the ep with the Invisible Tanks where the kids are getting kidnapped (spacing on title), when the four guys fall through the trapdoor in the House of Mirrors, all four sound off and transform at the same time. At least in GoS.

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

No new posts 25-07-2010 08:46 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: