Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Gatchaman DVD's
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman DVD's
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Gatchaman DVD's Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, I just managed to get Collections 5, 8 & 9 through Amazon. Not too bad - average of $26 each.

Now I'm only going to be missing Collections 6 & 7 - though from other threds it seems that these two hold most of the most popular episodes. I may have to buy the individual volumes then.

Collection 6 is avaiable - but I'm not paying $99 for it!!!

In fact, its funny to see some of the prices. RAnging from $20 to $100! There are some people definitely gouging out there!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 09-03-2010 22:41 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I think prices of 6 and 7 are overly inflated on Amazon. I got 6 before it happened, but I'm still waiting to find 7 or even just disks 13 and 14 for reasonable prices.

No new posts 09-03-2010 23:02 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The crazy thing is that they're even nowhere to be found on ebay!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 09-03-2010 23:27 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Here's my theory on 7 and I think the same may have happened to 6.

Some idiot put the entire collection under the box 7 spot in Amazon, but at the price for the entire collection. Amazon's software then advised everyone to up the price on box 7. Those on ebay either sold out quickly or ended their sale and put on amazon.

I don't know why they are not out there now. They are either genuinely limited or sellers are holding out for some reason. I just don't know why people would just buy middle series episodes though. I know some of the better episodes on those discs, but why no buy the whole series?

No new posts 09-03-2010 23:37 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer

I was lucky and got Collections 6 & 7 a few days ago from someone selling them used on Half.com. They were in like new condition so it didn't bother me to get them used.

One of them cost me $25 and the other cost me $50...a small price to pay IMO considering how much 6 & 7 are going for now.

Those are the only two I needed to complete the set, so I'm really excited to have the whole set. I got the others on rightstuf.com which has great prices for most of the other sets (6 & 7 are out of stock though so maybe those had a smaller run?).

Now to find the time to watch them all!! I'm on Episode 26 right now.

No new posts 11-03-2010 04:09 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
gatch72 gatch72 is a Male
Honoured Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-07-2004

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
I think prices of 6 and 7 are overly inflated on Amazon. I got 6 before it happened, but I'm still waiting to find 7 or even just disks 13 and 14 for reasonable prices.

If you need any of these. I have the whole series. I can put what ya need on DVD.

No new posts 20-03-2010 03:05 gatch72 is offline Homepage of gatch72 Search for Posts by gatch72 Add gatch72 to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: zoltarkatse@hotmail.com

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Gatch72. I may take you up on that. I'll pm you sometime next week. Thanks!

No new posts 20-03-2010 05:19 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
gatch72 gatch72 is a Male
Honoured Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-07-2004

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
Gatch72. I may take you up on that. I'll pm you sometime next week. Thanks!

No prob, lmk how I can help ya out!

No new posts 21-03-2010 00:22 gatch72 is offline Homepage of gatch72 Search for Posts by gatch72 Add gatch72 to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: zoltarkatse@hotmail.com
TheSolarSailor TheSolarSailor is a Male

I am a Galactor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-05-2011

spacer

I wouldn't buy anything from Amazon's sellers. It isn't just Gatchaman that is overpriced. Any time something is no longer available, they start charging stupidly high prices. I refuse to buy anything from them. If I want it, I will eventually come across it on Ebay. You just have to be vigilant and keep an eye out.

I bought over half the series when they were released as separate discs. Then they started doing the collections with the bonus discs. I am not one to be double dipped. I bought a few more single discs and then the last set I bought the box set. I would like to have the other supplements, but I wasn't going to go back and have to repurchase the other volumes again. I flat out refuse to be double dipped. Sometimes, the extras discs are for sale on Ebay. Can anyone give a description of what each bonus disc contains. I may seek out one or two of them if they sound interesting to me.

No new posts 15-05-2011 02:21 TheSolarSailor is offline Send an Email to TheSolarSailor Search for Posts by TheSolarSailor Add TheSolarSailor to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: